IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

17 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I like the look of 3 at the back, I’ve set up a squad that starts at 5212 but switches to this in game. I reckon Spinnazola and Cuadrado will be good wing back options in this setup, will see how it goes.  

18570954-1D8F-4170-96D2-FAA3FAAE0EBB.jpeg

Looks good - be careful with Spinnazola, however. One thing I've noticed with this formation, and probably should have mentioned earlier, is that if you play a winger with the opposite dominant foot, they tend to go missing and wander into the middle, placing themselves between your centre mids, which leads to things getting congested in the middle with no out ball to your wing.

Would you mind letting me know how it goes either way? I'm curious if this is just something that happens, or if it's something I've done with my instructions, as I do have both wings set to get into the box for a cross.

I failed to qualify for Weekender again.  Won 3, got stuffed a few times and lost when should have won a couple of others.

One guy had Baggio, Mane, Beckham, Koulibaly and a number of other stupidly high costing players.  It's definitely step up from who I'm playing in Div5.

8 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I failed to qualify for Weekender again.  Won 3, got stuffed a few times and lost when should have won a couple of others.

One guy had Baggio, Mane, Beckham, Koulibaly and a number of other stupidly high costing players.  It's definitely step up from who I'm playing in Div5.

Ive recommended this beforehand but if you haven’t done so, try your qualifying games on Friday and early Saturday, when most sweatier players are already qualified and playing their WL games. Sunday is when the sweats go back to do their qualifying for the following week so avoid if possible. Obviously it all depends on luck with matchmaking but I have noticed another factor…. 

Winning your first 2-3 games can put you against players with a similar record. Players with a good record are more likely to have games to spare at the end and more likely to be giving their last matches away. Lose your first 3 and you’re gonna play people who are also fighting for their life and sweating every game to qualify. 

The best budget team in the game, IMO. 

So yeah I’ve ditched the 352. I was liking it, and it for sure taught me a lot of discipline in Defence, but I just felt it was time to mix things up. 

The 4231 wide is a formation I haven’t used before (very familiar with the narrow) but I feel width is very important this year. 

With 8 games played using this formation I only conceded more than 1 goal per game on 2 occasions, and each time it was 2 goals. 

85537E85-831F-4896-A315-FE062027A42A.jpeg

1 hour ago, kthxbliz said:

The best budget team in the game, IMO. 

So yeah I’ve ditched the 352. I was liking it, and it for sure taught me a lot of discipline in Defence, but I just felt it was time to mix things up. 

The 4231 wide is a formation I haven’t used before (very familiar with the narrow) but I feel width is very important this year. 

With 8 games played using this formation I only conceded more than 1 goal per game on 2 occasions, and each time it was 2 goals. 

85537E85-831F-4896-A315-FE062027A42A.jpeg

I just got killed but a very similar team to this 5 nil in a 433.

12 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I just got killed but a very similar team to this 5 nil in a 433.

This does play quite similar to 433, except the wide players don’t sit as high up the pitch, so definitely they play more like LM/RM than wingers.

I like this stage of the game tbh. What I mean is, cheap gold cards are more than effective at this stage of the game. Give it 6-8 weeks and there will be way more special cards and cheap gold cards won’t be quite as effective.

I’ve invested 1.1m in TOTW Locatelli and I also have 1.3m sitting there, but I’m having fun with a cheap team for as long as I can. 

Missed out on Champs on my last game, needing a win to qualify. Only need one more rivals win then my rewards tomorrow will get me another shot at the playoffs. 

@Keiths_DadIhave noticed Spinnazola rambling a bit compared to Cuadrado, but nothing too bad, just a bit too central at times. I have another 352 with Lozano and Anderson as the wing backs which I like so far but does get a bit exposed when their stamina drops. I’ve got good options off the bench for that though. 

59 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

This does play quite similar to 433, except the wide players don’t sit as high up the pitch, so definitely they play more like LM/RM than wingers.

I like this stage of the game tbh. What I mean is, cheap gold cards are more than effective at this stage of the game. Give it 6-8 weeks and there will be way more special cards and cheap gold cards won’t be quite as effective.

I’ve invested 1.1m in TOTW Locatelli and I also have 1.3m sitting there, but I’m having fun with a cheap team for as long as I can. 

Use Gabriel Jesus instead of that striker. His positional awareness is really good. 

21 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Use Gabriel Jesus instead of that striker. His positional awareness is really good. 

I appreciate the advice man, but I’ve used Jesus (both his gold and his RW IF). I think he’s great value with his gold card, but when I play a sole-striker formation like this, I need someone with more than a 3* weak foot.

But aside from that, Teixera has 13 goals and 4 assists in 9 games so far. Absolute balling card for 12k. His attack positioning is also almost exactly the same as Jesus (86 v 87)

22 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Haha. I'm getting wrecked. Every single game. Iv concluded im just shit.

The patch has also spoiled things a bit

Do you mean the new patch announced last night? Are you on PC? 

46 minutes ago, carlospie said:

No Xbox. The new old patch nerfing finesse

Ah ok, gotcha. Yeah people are playing some fairly defensive and drop-back style of play since that patch. It feels a lot like Fifa 20 at the minute. 

For me, I never exploited the easy finesse goals, and I spent the first couple weeks of the game just doing my best to create chances and space in my opponents box. Dribbling and skills were big parts of my game in Fifa 21, and while skills are less effective, I’m still finding ways to scrape a few goals even against the drop-back meta. Create a decent goal scoring chance and the keepers are not saving them, I actually feel they went too far with how much they nerfed keepers for saving shots in the box. 

32 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Ah ok, gotcha. Yeah people are playing some fairly defensive and drop-back style of play since that patch. It feels a lot like Fifa 20 at the minute. 

For me, I never exploited the easy finesse goals, and I spent the first couple weeks of the game just doing my best to create chances and space in my opponents box. Dribbling and skills were big parts of my game in Fifa 21, and while skills are less effective, I’m still finding ways to scrape a few goals even against the drop-back meta. Create a decent goal scoring chance and the keepers are not saving them, I actually feel they went too far with how much they nerfed keepers for saving shots in the box. 

What div are you in? I'm sat on 300k at the moment! Can't win for shit played ten lost ten in div three

I’m in division 4 just now and noticing that mistakes are pretty much always punished with a goal. I need to get out of the habit of taking risks playing from defence as its cost me a few games now. 

Played someone earlier who had long range finesse shots working almost every time, I thought those had been nerfed as it’s rare i concede any. 

27 minutes ago, carlospie said:

What div are you in? I'm sat on 300k at the moment! Can't win for shit played ten lost ten in div three

Still in Div 4. Decided not to rush up the divisions and take my time, some ways to make sure my 7 wins each week aren’t painful, and partly because im playing on 2 accounts, both in div 4. Im also enjoying using s 40k Team and I figure by Div 2 I may not get away with that so much. 

11 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’m in division 4 just now and noticing that mistakes are pretty much always punished with a goal. I need to get out of the habit of taking risks playing from defence as its cost me a few games now. 

Played someone earlier who had long range finesse shots working almost every time, I thought those had been nerfed as it’s rare i concede any. 

They still seem to work. Especially on a player with finesse shot trait, good long shot stats and if they green-time the shot.

54 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Sell your Argentina and Brazil players (rated 77-82).

Defenders inc full backs and LW/RW/LM/RM are going crazy on the market due to today’s SBC 

5900 for an Argentina common silver CB, that’ll do nicely!