IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

20 hours ago, Luseth said:

That said I struggle to make the funds needed for the top players.

PANTS McSKILL’S GUIDE TO TURNING 10K INTO 100K IN 7 DAYS

Simple steps for easy coins. You don’t need to be a trading god, you don’t need to spend days sniping, you don’t need ‘secret insider methods’.

Do this, profit, buy better players, still suck at the game.

PART ONE: ABS – Always be selling. You have 100 spots on your transfer list. Fill that fucker up. Have at least 50 players for sale at any one point. We’re going for quantity over quality here. Selling 50 players for 100 coins profit is 5k... which is 4k more than spending 20 minutes sniping one player for a 1k profit.

But where do we find these players to sell?

Step 1: Mass Bidding.

Here’s a couple of YouTube videos, cos it’s easier to show rather than tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhmCScpqQ4

https://youtu.be/UZ9HYn6daKw

Step 2: BPM. The Bronze Pack Method.

Buy Bronze packs from the store for 750 coins. Check what each player sells for. List all players on the market. Most will be listed at 200 coins. Some will be more. You will need to list most more than once. But it works, and it is profitable.

Step 3: Pack Filler Items - Check Your Club

Packs give you stuff like kits, stadiums, badges, Tifos. Some of these go for surprisingly decent coins. Even the discard prices can be worth it – Rare Gold badges discard for 483 coins.

Would you rather have 483 coins or an RCD Espanyol Badge sat there doing fuck all?

PART TWO: REWARDS AND OBJECTIVES

Do your objectives, and chase those rewards.
Squad Battles Rank Silver 1 was attainable last week with 3660 points. This is easily achieved by playing the featured Squad, the Totw squad, and one other match all on Professional Difficulty.

This would net you 2 tradable Jumbo Premium Gold Packs (Quick Sell value 5k each) and 4000 coins, for roughly 45 minutes playtime.

But that’s not all – you can combine this with other objectives, such as play ‘5 matches with a Bronze team’ (Reward: Untradeable Gold pack) or the current Silver Beasts Objective (Reward for all 4 tasks: 4x 75+ rare player packs & a rare Mega Pack).

Even focusing on those tasks that net you untradable cards lead to more cards for SBCs, which saves you coins when you need one more La Liga midfielder for chem.

And you’ll want to do as many as SBCs possible, because you’ll want as many packs as possible, because you just might hit a 30k card that gets you to 100k even faster.

In summary:

Always be selling.

Keep your transfer list full.

Don’t forget to refresh your transfer lists on your Fut App when out, or eating dinner, or having a shit.

Do all these really easy steps and I guarantee you’ll have 100k one week from today.

Good post @Pants McSkill, now I’m concentrating more on Champs I’ll just be doing the bare minimum on Squad Battles for objectives from now on, the rewards grinding for elite haven’t been up to much, especially compared to the WL packs. 

Got up to division 4 earlier, the “on fire” thing for going on a winning run helped a lot to get there. 

I only get to play maybe an hour each day and have found Div Rivals difficult because my skill level against other players is poor so I stick with Squad Battles on Semi-Pro/Professional and I can usually get Elite 2/3 every week. I always keep a look out for any new SBC's I can complete to get packs.

The BPM is what works best for me, mass bidding takes too long and you usually get outbid.

Also one more thing to add @Pants McSkill is make sure you open the Gold/Silver preview packs once a day just in case you get anything good you can sell on. If you do then once you purchase that pack you can preview another.

There's a 75+ player pick SBC up, I did one because why not and got Sergio Ramos. Untradeable of course, but I'm pretty pleased with that, and it's led to me selling the OTW Ramos I'd bought and shoved at RB (before switching to 3 CBs in game). I wasn't particularly happy with him only getting 7 chemistry there though, so I've put the money from his OTW towards my second icon, and bought base Puyol. He looks like an atrocious RB, but an absolute monster at CB, which is exactly what I need for my formation.

Plus he's got big floppy hair like Sideshow Bob, which is nice.

54 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

There's a 75+ player pick SBC up, I did one because why not and got Sergio Ramos. Untradeable of course, but I'm pretty pleased with that, and it's led to me selling the OTW Ramos I'd bought and shoved at RB (before switching to 3 CBs in game). I wasn't particularly happy with him only getting 7 chemistry there though, so I've put the money from his OTW towards my second icon, and bought base Puyol. He looks like an atrocious RB, but an absolute monster at CB, which is exactly what I need for my formation.

Plus he's got big floppy hair like Sideshow Bob, which is nice.

Just beware that fullbacks get a big hit when played at CB.

ny96wtgg36e71.thumb.png.73554677e7feaf9d4dfd2355e2af51bd.png

32 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Just beware that fullbacks get a big hit when played at CB.

ny96wtgg36e71.thumb.png.73554677e7feaf9d4dfd2355e2af51bd.png

Thanks for the heads up - will that only apply if I actually pick him at CB though? I'll be putting him at RB in a 442 in the starting line up, but shifting to 352 in game.

Here's my team now. After getting hammered 8 nil I decided it's time for a change. God mode kimpembe should help. I'm gonna have 120k can anyone see any I should upgrade? I'm thinking either regular benzema for Griezman or do fekir SBC? Maybe gamble on my man Ramos otw

Screenshot_2021-10-19-06-57-02-247_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've just gotten into Division 1 - I scrapped my team as I couldn't get anywhere with it, and built an entirely La Liga one with a front 3 of SBC Fekir, TOTW Depay and TOTW Suarez, which has carried me straight through.

If anyone's curious, Puyol was fine, and shifting him to centre back in game didn't seem to nerf his positioning.

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Well the obvious upgrade would be Fekir's SBC card over his gold.

But I gotta be honest, unless you are exceptional at dribbling & skill moves I think I would find that team very easy to defend against.

I'm exceptionally shit. Could you recommend a swap for Griezman?

It's not Greizmann that's the issue. It's a lack of balance. You have three CDMs, no width, and no 'genuine' pace. Anyone playing a 4231 or 3 at the back would clog up the middle of the pitch and stifle your play with no real effort.

Of course Fifa is a videogame, but it's trying to give a vague representation of actual football. You and me are never going to be brilliant at the game, so solidifying the middle with more than one CM who can defend is certainly no bad idea... but no real world team uses three.

Who Defends? Who creates? Who moves the ball forward? Who scores?

How do you play? 

Example - there's no point in me spending extra coins on the guy everyone says is brilliant if he's brilliant cos of 5 star skills, as I don't use 5 star skills.

Yes better players really help. But find your style first, then find the players for it.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I'm exceptionally shit. Could you recommend a swap for Griezman?

To add to what Pants has already said, you could inject some width into your team with what you already have. If you were to switch to either a 352 or 3412 in game and drop Valverde to CB (I used him this way for over 100 games, and he was more than capable at it), both Hernandez and Navas are ideal to use as the wingers. This way, you'll also keep your triangle of CAM and 2 STs at the top, which is something I've found to be invaluable this year.

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

It's not Greizmann that's the issue. It's a lack of balance. You have three CDMs, no width, and no 'genuine' pace. Anyone playing a 4231 or 3 at the back would clog up the middle of the pitch and stifle your play with no real effort.

Of course Fifa is a videogame, but it's trying to give a vague representation of actual football. You and me are never going to be brilliant at the game, so solidifying the middle with more than one CM who can defend is certainly no bad idea... but no real world team uses three.

How do you play? 

Example - there's no point in me spending extra coins on the guy everyone says is brilliant if he's brilliant cos of 5 star skills, as I don't use 5 star skills.

Yes better players really help. But find your style first, then find the players for it.

To provide an example of this @carlospie . I have always and will likely always use a formation that utilises wingers for the exact reasons Pants sets out. I dont use skills, other than the odd (usually accidental or AI controlled) feint so I need blinding pace to get me forward and create space. Hence Vinicus TOTW and Meta Dembele in my current team. Then I have Casemiro who operates essentially as a slightly mobile wall in front of the back 4. A good player will usually be able to snuff me out with ease but I build within the limitations of my ability and go with the best players to fit that.

Demebele having 5 star weak foot is ridiculous given his very inconsistent performances over the years but his pace with the threat of firing at goal from any position is as good as I can hope for. Having Firmino and SBC Fekir as the main ball movers and 'dribblers' in midfield gives me the overall balance Pants is talking about.

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

How do you play? 

This is part of the issue. I'm up to div three but have never found any style that I like. I used 352 for a while and 4231, but never made enough chances.

Does this look more balanced?

Screenshot_2021-10-19-14-57-43-079_com.android.chrome.jpg

That's a much more balanced team for sure. I'd have Valverde over Camvimga, and set him to Stay back while defending, with Tchu Tchu on balanced. I'd also ensure 'come back on defense' was ticked for both wingers - but @Keiths_Dad knows the 352 better than I do.

Regards playstyle - Style and formation are different things, but are intertwined. Klopps' Dortmund and Klopps' Liverpool both do the Rock and Roll football thing, but used a 4231 and a 433 respectively, to cater to the players they had.

My buildup style is shorter passing, and I do like to press. So I need a 3 man midfield - to give shorter passing options in the middle and to cover my arse when my opponent passes around my pressing.

But I also like to stretch play when the opposition sits back. I need width for that.

Now, I can't play a 4-5-2. I have to sacrifice a number somewhere.

So the formations for me are 433, 4321 and a 352*. Sacrificing a striker in the first two formations and a defender in the 3rd.

And now I've laid it out, you can see how I can play 'My Style' using all three formations, I can tweak each one for different situations but still play the way that suits me.

This doesn't automatically mean I win all my games of course, but I have a better idea of where and why I lose when I do.

*I actually have a 3421, but with the LF set on false 9 so the shape is the same as a 352 with an offset Cam.

16 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

That's a much more balanced team for sure. I'd have Valverde over Camvimga, and set him to Stay back while defending, with Tchu Tchu on balanced. I'd also ensure 'come back on defense' was ticked for both wingers - but @Keiths_Dad knows the 352 better than I do.

The way I have it set up is both centre mids set to stay back and cover centre. I usually find I don't need my wingers to come back on defence, as the meta seems quite narrow right now anyway, but this is easily changed in game if you need to - something that I have done myself from time to time, either to stop someone who is repeatedly playing lofted through balls to wingers, or to see out a game and protect a tight lead.

As for your team itself, I can't stress just how good Navas is in this formation - I will qualify this by saying that I'm using his TOTW card, but I can't imagine there being much difference between the two. If you were to start in a 532 with Navas instead of the RM, and then switch in game to a 352, you would get Hernandez on full chemistry, and a strong link to Kounde from Navas, pushing his chemistry up as well.

Either way though, the team looks solid.

Edit: I've just looked at how the 532 is set up, you wouldn't get any additional chemistry on Kounde - the rest still stands, however.