Ultimate Team

Timmo

I've slowly been working on my Premier League squad and yesterday packed some nice players after enjoying the Liverpool/Man City game.

It’s fair to say I’ve had some fan-mail about my team, lol.

My luck has been insane. After packing Mbappe, sold him about bought Marquinhos, Messi and Kante.

Pogba, Alaba, Dembele, Mendy and Hakimi, Wijnaldum all untradeable. 

975A539A-AF18-45AE-B038-09605F292AB8.jpeg

I hate this game. Rivals is just endless haalands, lobbed through balls, kick off goals, ridiculous through balls that go through a whole team, tramp players, defenders who don't respond.

Yet I keep on playing it! And have just lost 8 in a row :)

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I hate this game. Rivals is just endless haalands, lobbed through balls, kick off goals, ridiculous through balls that go through a whole team, tramp players, defenders who don't respond.

It’s still really early in the game cycle. Lots of really good players still grinding through the divisions and working their way up. What division are you at now?

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Try switching to co-op camera and get used to switching to your centre backs to cover through balls. Always over cook it and leave plenty of space, your aim is to win the ball either right before it gets there or as they control it rather than getting stuck in a 50-50.

21 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

It’s still really early in the game cycle. Lots of really good players still grinding through the divisions and working their way up. What division are you at now?

Div 5

I can tell you one thing, Grealish is dog shit 

40 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Div 5

I can tell you one thing, Grealish is dog shit 

That’s decent. div 5 is way harder at the moment than it will be in a few weeks. 

And yes I agree - I packed Grealish untradeable and he’s dog shit. 

How’s your team looking at the moment?

7 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

That’s decent. div 5 is way harder at the moment than it will be in a few weeks. 

And yes I agree - I packed Grealish untradeable and he’s dog shit. 

How’s your team looking at the moment?

Not great. I bought otw Grealish but hate him. Going to go sweat with Lukaku and Werner. It's the only way.

I'm yet to find a team or formation I actually like yet. 

I just quit now if against haaland or mbappe it's a battle that cannot be won 

Screenshot_2021-10-04-15-31-44-402_com.android.chrome.jpg

30 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Not great. I bought otw Grealish but hate him. Going to go sweat with Lukaku and Werner. It's the only way.

I'm yet to find a team or formation I actually like yet. 

I just quit now if against haaland or mbappe it's a battle that cannot be won 

Screenshot_2021-10-04-15-31-44-402_com.android.chrome.jpg

Team looks decent! 

id say (for me) that Ruben Dias might be a good step for the next upgrade. 

As you’ve found, pace is still meta, and no way is he catching Mbappe etc. I’d maybe look at Joe Gomez. 

Are you playing 433? 

Im unconvinced about Ziyech also. I’d probably run Mahrez or even good old Adama Traore for some pace abuse. 

19 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Team looks decent! 

id say (for me) that Ruben Dias might be a good step for the next upgrade. 

As you’ve found, pace is still meta, and no way is he catching Mbappe etc. I’d maybe look at Joe Gomez. 

Are you playing 433? 

Im unconvinced about Ziyech also. I’d probably run Mahrez or even good old Adama Traore for some pace abuse. 

I actually just bought Mahrez and brought him in. 

I'm trying out the 433 now with some sweat. I think it's just that I'm in div 5 so every game is a cup final now which is why I am finding it so hard.

I'd ideally like Lukaku and Werner in a formation but am yet to find a decent two striker formation. 

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I actually just bought Mahrez and brought him in. 

I'm trying out the 433 now with some sweat. I think it's just that I'm in div 5 so every game is a cup final now which is why I am finding it so hard.

I'd ideally like Lukaku and Werner in a formation but am yet to find a decent two striker formation. 

Yeah that’s for sure. I was low Div 1 last year and the current Div 5 is pretty sweaty. 

i like 433, it’s better this year than last year, width and wingers are pretty useful this year. 

I do often switch to 4222 (with two CAMs and two strikers) which works as a good half-way between a plain 442 and something a bit more attacking. Might be worth a try if you have the players for it, 4222 is nice. 

it’s good to have a few formations you’re comfortable with so you can adapt to your opponents formation. Last year I used a lot of 41212 narrow but I don’t like it so much this year. 

47 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Yeah that’s for sure. I was low Div 1 last year and the current Div 5 is pretty sweaty. 

i like 433, it’s better this year than last year, width and wingers are pretty useful this year. 

I do often switch to 4222 (with two CAMs and two strikers) which works as a good half-way between a plain 442 and something a bit more attacking. Might be worth a try if you have the players for it, 4222 is nice. 

it’s good to have a few formations you’re comfortable with so you can adapt to your opponents formation. Last year I used a lot of 41212 narrow but I don’t like it so much this year. 

What div are you up to this year? Any custom tactics?

3 minutes ago, carlospie said:

What div are you up to this year? Any custom tactics?

I’m still in 5. Although I haven’t played since Saturday night. I think I’m two wins off Div 4. 

Custom tactics depends on formation, tbh. A lot of it depends on how you use your full backs, whether you have them stay back or not (and for me a lot of that depends on the formation).

Most of my formations do have roughly similar tactics:

defensive style: balanced or press on possession loss

chance creation: direct passing

full backs: stay back while attacking & overlap (although I’m aggressive with my FBs, when I do that it’s manually)

6 hours ago, carlospie said:

I've honestly seen none of this!  I'm loving it, the slower pace makes for a refreshingly different game.

Om on xbox series x. Online play is so much more difficult. The OTW card in objectives via friendlies last year I would do, the sheer sweat this time around isn't worth if for an 78 rated card. 

I'm in there too, I did manage a run to take me 1 win within division 2 before losing 4-0 to another dream team, I'm not sure getting promoted would have been good for my sanity anyway. Be interesting to see how weekend league is...

I can only speak for the PC server but in the champs qualifying the last 3 games I had tonight were literally unbearable.  The connection indicator at the top never actually went away.  It just went from amber to red, back to amber to red etc.  It never went away :(.....