Ultimate Team

Timmo

15 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Timmo I have 120k what would you upgrade?

I'm thinkin Erikson for dybala and getting kessie in at cdm?

Screenshot_2021-09-29-14-13-44-306_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Spinazolla, Cuadrado, Kessie, Barella, Dybala

3 minutes ago, klargon said:

There's a good chance Cuadrado might be a decent investment, too.  He's basically unbuyable on PS and PC, so might end up with a price range bump.

Noticed that he’s tough to get, I’ll have to stick with Di Lorenzo unless I get lucky 

5 minutes ago, klargon said:

Looks like Barella is in TOTW2 (Benzema and Jesus being the other 2 I know), therefore not in packs as gold I suppose.

If anyone is looking for sure fire investments, provided these are definitely in the TOTW their gold cards will go up next week. Tons of new players will buy them. 

Just now, klargon said:

They are.  The prices are already increasing though.  The TOTW content thingy appears on the front page of the app showing those 3 players, but TOTW 2 isn't actually accessible.

Just seen that. Perhaps not worth it, then. 

27 minutes ago, klargon said:

Is it not likely they'll end up with a price range increase?

Unsurprisingly they've realised their mistake and the update has gone

It's possible, but every time I've done this I've gotten burned. If there's a healthy profit to be had, I'd take it.

I kept an eye on the totw predictions and picked up some zakarias, nkunkus and Felipe andersons where I could get them cheap.  Looks to have paid of and I should be able to double my coins as they'll only go up while they are out of packs.

29 minutes ago, klargon said:

Well, that’s my 10 hours done. Of course, it ran out in the 93rd minute of a squad battle! Guess I’ll just flog everything now and rejoin when it hits game pass next year.

Il take everything!

1 hour ago, tenrou said:

I kept an eye on the totw predictions and picked up some zakarias, nkunkus and Felipe andersons where I could get them cheap.  Looks to have paid of and I should be able to double my coins as they'll only go up while they are out of packs.

What are good prices to get these at? Zakaria currently going for around 6k is that worth buying a few for?

I think you'd be worth buying now for the weekend.  The thing is Felipe Anderson is used for the advanced sbcs but there will be no more for a week so demand will go up when the standard edition users come on at the weekend.  

Caveating as per timmo where I could be full of shit.

Will try to resist the temptation to open Rivals rewards in the morning and keep them for Friday when the OTW promo starts. Not that I’m expecting anything crazy out of it but we can dream. 

I first started FUT properly in 2015, how times have changed since then when grinding coins used to be a task. Nowadays it’s so straightforward to build a powerful early team without having to worry if shit players in there to boost chemistry will mess up and cost games. 

22 minutes ago, tenrou said:

I was at 7 wins in div 6, got 18k and a pack.  That seems way worse than last year.  Rewards have definitely been cut back.

They have, the flipside though is that you only need to hit 7 wins each week to get your rewards again, and assuming you have the points to do so, you can do the weekend league qualifiers as often as you like and get the rewards from that each time. Whether it balances out or not, I don't know (I'd presume they don't), but they have put extra stuff in as well as taking stuff out.

33 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Managed to set up with this formation then in game swap the LM/RM to LAM AND CAM. 

Dybala is unreal, his finishes are the best iv seen so far. 

Screenshot_2021-09-30-10-04-03-124_com.android.chrome.jpg

You now have my exact team, except I play Dybala at striker and Mertens just behind. 😀 Find Immobile a bit clunky.

5 minutes ago, Timmo said:

You now have my exact team, except I play Dybala at striker and Mertens just behind. 😀 Find Immobile a bit clunky.

I like having a big lump to slog it up to that's all. Might give dybala a shot up top though and see how he gets on.

You can't beat that feeling when your one nil down against a saint maximum and Werner sweat squad in the last ten minutes you bang in two goals and they rage quit. It never gets tiresome.