Ultimate Team

Timmo

16 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Nope don't know what they are 

9 tokens available to get. (Tokens being shitty players who are called icon swap tokens)

Screenshot_20210520-161115_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb7a66861c849ffeedb6b4964665ca73.jpg

This is how you get some of those tokens. (Some can be combined if you really want. Eg a silver Portugal team would cover two at once.)

Then when you have tokens you can trade them in via SBC for reward packs or...

Screenshot_20210520-161144_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c7906473e477bb73442fcdfefe693abe.jpg

Icons.

Screenshot_20210520-161213_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7cf126e105e1c7e31a6a47fa0d902997.jpg

The other 9 tokens become available after 2nd August, so personally I wouldn't bother waiting that long to look at trading anything above 9.

https://fifauteam.com/fifa-21-icon-swaps-list-objectives-rewards/#:~:text=FIFA 21 ICON Swaps allow,by completing objectives you exchange.

Hope that makes sense, it sounds so convoluted when you actually write it out! 

The above screenshot had the Squad Battles objectives.

Below are the Friendly objectives (Ie the golden goal unwritten rule). You cant really buy a team for these, 8 of the players need to first owned and a shite team may not cut it anyway because the teams you play against are silly. I mean it could be done but I imagine it will make the process a bit longer.

60  Daniel ParraWin (All three objectives for one token)

• 4 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 8 First Owned LaLiga players in your starting squad.
  • Score using Outside of the Box shots in 6 separate matches using LaLiga players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned LaLiga players in your starting squad.
  • Score in 10 separate matches using LaLiga players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned LaLiga players in your starting squad.

60  Vasilios Xenopoulos (All three objectives for one token)

• Win 4 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned Bundesliga players in your starting squad.
  • Score in 10 separate matches using Bundesliga players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned Bundesliga players in your starting squad.
  • Assist with a Through Ball in 6 separate matches using Bundesliga players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned Bundesliga players in your starting squad.

60  Lucas Kal (All three objectives for one token)

• Win 4 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad.
  • Score using Finesse shots in 6 separate matches using Ligue 1 players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad.
  • Assist in 10 separate matches using Ligue 1 players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League, with at least 8 First Owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Did all the SBC, got fuck all! Just my luck.

Delete the account then mate and start again. You get 5 or 6 restarts I believe

(The starter SBCs right?)

No don't delete it! 

Not worth the time and effort to generate enough funds just to have another role of the dice again, plenty of other things to roll on.

TOTS really does screww with your team/mind, doesn't it? 

Ooh, that's a nice card...who can he replace?  Oh, now I'll have to shift this bit around as my chem will be screwed...I'll have to sell this guy too and he can fund this SBC for this guy, etc, etc, etc.  

Mbappe and Neymar finally meet their maker. They have served me well.  But the lure of a TOTS Merten and that Lozano SBC was too much. Untitled.thumb.png.8577a4c9f68800d186e98c7984eb262f.png

I’ve also gone for Lozano. Benzema has gone - one misplaced pass too many! Not the formation I will use, but this is now my team after 2 weeks and no cash spent. How do I set up the tactics properly - for the starting formation or the one I’ll be switching to at the start of the game?

9549154E-E982-4899-8D0E-6EC2B51F6EFD.jpeg

5 minutes ago, klargon said:

I’ve also gone for Lozano. Benzema has gone - one misplaced pass too many! Not the formation I will use, but this is now my team after 2 weeks and no cash spent. How do I set up the tactics properly - for the starting formation or the one I’ll be switching to at the start of the game?

9549154E-E982-4899-8D0E-6EC2B51F6EFD.jpeg

Geeeeez can you play on my account please!!

I’m still dogshit at the game itself. I just like to trade. Looks like Dortmund won, so I think that means my Zagadou gets an upgrade. Everyone still runs straight through my defence anyway.

I'd love lozano I have his base it's great.

I bought a FUT birthday serie A midfielder CAM with a long name. 86 rated. He's a monster. I play him with inform ibra at CAM with 84 Muriel upfront. Pure sweat. 

47 minutes ago, klargon said:

In game, go to your tactics, change mentality.  You can mess with each of the 5 switchable formations you can flick to in game there.  So you will start with your 4-3-3, but then as soon as you start, flick back on the dpad to the 'defensive' formation and you will switch to your altered one.  You can mess with instructins, move players about, etc.  If you have any bother just shout.  

The serie a birthday will be bernadeschi or however its pronounced, bonus for him is he has 5 star skills but I'd say the coins would be better spent elsewhere.

I'm no fifa guru but I'd focus more on players that are still good to use, the base gold versions where supply is high so prices low.  Kante, varane, mendy, rashford are all still decent pretty low cost golds.  When you have a few more coins get mbappe and neymar.  You could get a competitive team for 300k and by competitive for me at least is win games in div 2 and 3. 

What I found the biggest click in this fifa at least is that you have to be able to beat a player and throwing in lots of skill moves really helps that, even if it's purely to trick the AI.  So I focus on 5 star skillers in attacking positions.  Better players could tell you that's nonsense but that's what works for me.

Defence a good cheap one is ferland mendy, varane, pope, gomez/bissaka, Kyle walker.  

All base golds.  There is probably 50-60k for all of this and they're still capable of being played with.

Once you go up the pitch it's more what you feel suits you.  I'd look to use a forward with 5 star skills or a midfielder with 85 pace nowadays but kante is a bit less than 80 pace but is probably the best gold midfielder.  Tbh gold valverde and llorente if you're brand new are usable for like 10k for the 2.  

My team is serie A ATM. Il put a pick up later. Seem to be winning more than I losing and getting to div one each week on the rivals. Might have to grind it out for FUT champs one week 

I'm actually really enjoying it. Might even buy FIFA 22 at launch.

I'm playing with below but swap in game to 4231 with lord zlatan at CAM 

Screenshot_2021-05-23-14-33-30-981_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

42 minutes ago, carlospie said:

It's very satisfying playing people with largely TOTS teams and beating them so hard they quit.1000 points obtained towards FUT champs, 1000 to go!!

Which division are you in now Carlospie?