Ultimate Team

Timmo

I had to play to get 4 wins for my icon swap pack 25×83+.

It was fucking dreadful.

The two new SBCs today! 86 squad for a 2x86+ pack and then an incredibly overpriced icon attacker SBC! Whoop! About 600k. Fucking hell.

2 x 80+ PP in a row and I get Taglifigo?!

The EFL TOTS I got the polish CB. Could be worse. Just.

Sat with duplicate 91 and 90 cards to throw into a SBC now, just need a worthwhile one. 

Moments Zola for me. 

Looks OK in theory, like a juiced up Insigne.

Also like Insigne, he gets blown over in the wind. 

It’s at the stage where I will not be doing these unless it’s a player pick. Too late in the cycle to be stuck with cards that don’t improve your team. 

6 hours ago, hannay said:

Looking on the official forums, users are pulling some top cards in the current attackers icon SBC... 

I've watched Castro, Nick RTFM, Its Haber and MattHDGamer open these for people and I'd say about 1 in 15 is a banger, with the odd average card but with TOTS started none would make a top team placement.

I've not done the community one. 

My mate got AWB. Lucky fucker. 

I don't think any of them would even make my bench now though

I'll save until better TOTS players come along. 

3 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I got prime Stoichkov in the Attacking Icon SBC.

Fuming.

The reason I just can't do it. 

8 minutes ago, Steely said:

Wait... Is prime Stoichkov not a good pull?

No, he's got medium medium work rates 3 star skills and just doesn't move, unless you have clear space to run in a straight line and shoot he's useless.

On 25/04/2021 at 20:09, hannay said:

Haha. Have to report back on performance.

So many players don't live up to thier stats and even now Gold Varane, Mendy, Gomez and Walker will still beat any 99 rated attacker!! 

He's great.  You know how over 6ft players have a certain...languid, lollopy style?  Not as snappy as a sub-six footer?  He moves like fucking Insigne.  

2 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

3 games into WL and immediately reminded me why I rarely play WL.

Premier League TOTS in rewards, it's always the sweatiest of sweaty fut champs weekends.

I came back to win on pens in my last game, Neymar with the sweetest of volleys, the game went 2-0, 2-2, 4-2, 4-4 then i won on pens 4-1

3 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

3 games into WL and immediately reminded me why I rarely play WL.

Same, first game was pretty even but he won because my players were practing their slapstick comedy routines and falling over each over whilst trying to all get the ball. Lost 3-2

Second match got absolutely destroyed 7-2.

Third match nobber was constantly trying cheap ass moves but I had him all worked out, smashed him 6-1.

18 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Premier League TOTS in rewards, it's always the sweatiest of sweaty fut champs weekends.

I came back to win on pens in my last game, Neymar with the sweetest of volleys, the game went 2-0, 2-2, 4-2, 4-4 then i won on pens 4-1

Neymar comes in clutch so often! You’ll be fine man you’re a very good player.

16 hours ago, Jerec said:

Same, first game was pretty even but he won because my players were practing their slapstick comedy routines and falling over each over whilst trying to all get the ball. Lost 3-2

Second match got absolutely destroyed 7-2.

Third match nobber was constantly trying cheap ass moves but I had him all worked out, smashed him 6-1.

Sounds just like me first few. Connection was really bad in a few, I know one win and two defeats were largely connection influenced. 

Last couple of weeks have been a lot of fun for me as far as squad building. 

the plummeting in price of the top gold rare meta cards (Neymar, Mbappe, CR7, Messi) combined with pre-TOTS panic selling has created loads of good opportunities to try different cards and formations. 

it’s this time of year I usually break the discipline with Spending so I bought 1m coins from a guy on Facebook (all legit, was fine). 

ive been able to try out a bunch of other cards recently that dropped in price making them affordable-ish to try. 

FB Atal - nice but for is based on his 5/5, raw stats on the card alone, it feels a bit expensive. 

FB Aouar - LOVED his Freeze card and his FB card was a noticeable upgrade. Bought and sold him 3 times purely in expectation his price will come down a bit (looks a 350-450k card to me) but he’s fantastic. Really great card. 

FB Sterling - i don’t really know why this card didn’t feel upto his stats which is a shame his gold card was decent for me in the first couple of weeks - nice custom animations and dribbling. I maybe didn’t give him long enough and sold fearing a huge price drop. 

TOTS Goldson - As a Rangers fan I wanted this guy to be great but he was nothing special. For 60k an entirely useable card but always gonna be on the fringes of the power curve at best. 

TOTS Tagliafico - played him at his natural LB - his only effective position in my opinion - he was absolutely cracked. Quick, agile, strong in the tackle and barely misplaced a pass.

TOTS Wan-Bissaka - knew this guy was too cheap at 550k and expected him to ride once Prem TOTS was announced. I played him at CB and he was an utter monster. Sold him for a small profit to try other cards. 

TOTS illicic - untradeable pull. Useable card, as useable as Illicic will ever be. Some stats felt like a lie. 

New team for this weekend attached, looking forward to try the City boys for a while.

103CE81F-2A89-4E84-A330-AA514D8D4000.jpeg

It wasn't as sweaty as i thought, I got to gold 2 and had 5 games spare, I bought Ivan Toney to give me something different late on in games, he's so strong and has an amazing 'bundle' factor he's difficult to tackle.

I packed an untradeable Dias from Man City. Wow.

Him and Ramos are a brick wall.

I had to throw Ederson TOTS in to gain Chem but he's excellent too, so quick off the line. 

The Rodri card is very good too and well worth the slog, not sure the Bamford card looks worth 12 SB games though. 

I also puchsed Soucek who, with a Shadow, is solid.