Ultimate Team

Timmo

That SBC is so shit. Last year I did a few and got Best, pretty much A tier and just below the best 6 or 8. Only thing is, when TOTS hit he was quickly outclassed and was only in my team a couple of weeks at most. 

I've still barely touched this (less than 30 games played) and have fallen way behind the curve, but I've sold everything and have 220k to spend. Figure I'll be able to build a good lower league TOTS team with that and see how the game is then. It's been nice to play other games, really, even if I ultimately just replaced my FIFA addiction with a Destiny 2 addiction.  

You've picked a very good year to have a break from it, it's definitely the worst fifa for 1v1 ever, there's no redeemable qualities in the game at all, all fun has been patched out of it, it's legitimately AI doing stuff and if your AI players are better than the other players you will win.

I skipped this version too and really haven't missed it. I sorta planned on giving PES a good go, as they are rebuilding the engine & didn't release a PES21 - my thinking being that if the new engine is good, I'd want to dive into that, so why not unlearn some muscle memory.

That plan has gone right out the window as Football Manager and warzone has taken my gaming life completely. FM is just... well it actually plays like football for a start.

Sorry this Fifa sucks for you guys though.

The game itself has been pretty lacklustre for years now, if I had any faith in Konami's servers I'd have switched back to Pro Evo permanently after a brief dalliance in 2018, but if you can't consistently get a game against someone there's no point.

4 hours ago, hannay said:

Should have used them towards one of the new PIM SBCs 

I know mate, but didn't realise they had dropped.

Must say Drogba has been outstanding in game. Outdoing Henry everywhere.

51 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Is Aguero disappointing?

I mean, short answer yes. He’s 4/4 with no traits. I was OK with that if his finishing was out of this world. 

He feels worse than Rooney for twice the price. 

Massive regrets not doing Rooney. But even bigger regrets not doing Joao Felix POTM the guy scores atleast multiple goals when I come up against him without fail.

My best value player SBCs by far are Klaiber and Robben. :wub:

At last, after what must of been nearly 10 icon packs, we have something to shout about...

Screenshot_20210420_101249.jpg

12 hours ago, hannay said:

Couldn't stand robben. 

Rooney never impressed me too much either. :lol:

Klaiber is epic. 

I purposely swerved Rooney when it came out, not once in all the end of era/flashback cards I have picked up in the last (3?) FIFA versions has he ever been any good for me.

He does stand out a little when I play against him though, not immensely mind so it probably wasnt that big of a miss really.

I really like Robben though! Klaiber is an absolute monster, he has been ousted from my starting 11 because Zambrotta is a great but I still keep Klaiber on the bench as my CDM sub.

14 minutes ago, Steely said:

It it TOTS this weekend?

Is it known if TOTS will replace TOTW Picks for Weekend League?

Could be time to make myself miserable again for a few weekends! :omg:

I believe Gold 3 gets 1 guaranteed in a pick?

So wont replace but will be included I believe.

On 19/04/2021 at 20:24, Steely said:

Massive regrets not doing Rooney. But even bigger regrets not doing Joao Felix POTM the guy scores atleast multiple goals when I come up against him without fail.

My best value player SBCs by far are Klaiber and Robben. :wub:

Felix headliner is under 300k at last check now! And essentially the same card. He must have a reasonable chance of a TOTS card also. 

So TOTS has landed.

Firstly, seems cards and ratings are dumbed down a bit this year. 

Secondly, they now dish out UCL cards in packs like nothing else, trolling wankers EA. 

Lastly, I packed a TOTS player, nice card TBF Polish dude from Napoli.  Next pack, got him again. At least mix it up EA ffs. 

10 hours ago, hannay said:

So TOTS has landed.

Firstly, seems cards and ratings are dumbed down a bit this year. 

Secondly, they now dish out UCL cards in packs like nothing else, trolling wankers EA. 

Lastly, I packed a TOTS player, nice card TBF Polish dude from Napoli.  Next pack, got him again. At least mix it up EA ffs. 

Drop rate for TOTS cards seems really high (19% in 100k pack and almost 5% in a 45k pack) but there is a lot of fodder.

looking back on last year the hype train seemed to lurch from one league to the next and each time the previous weeks cards largely plummeted in price and few recover as more and more viable cards are released. So I see most of these dropping 40-50% maybe, except for those already being priced as fodder. 

As a lifelong Rangers fan I’m definitely tempted by Goldson. I also think Büendia and Barnes look useable cards but wouldn’t touch until they settle in price.

I really wish I didn’t do Aguero, my biggest SBC mistake of this year having been really strict in which ones I’ve done too. Shame it was such a costly mistake. 

Talisca RB
Khedira FB

Fati POTM

Allessandrini FB

Felix POTM

Aouar Freeze

Acuna Showdown

Klaiber Showdown

Robben FB

Tavernier HL

Dybala PM

Rooney EOAE

Curtis Jones CM FS

Leroy Fer What If 

Kehrer Showdown

POTM Benzema

FBD Renato

EOAE Aguero

10 of which are still in my club and even the ones that are now gone we’re still probably worth doing. 

Icon packs on the other hand... the less said the better. 

I sold Garrincha to fund the delightful Valverde* and thought I'd give Atal a whirl, as he looks decent. Then I'll have a 5* WF on the left (Neymar) and right with Mbappe in the middle.  

*He is fucking....with Gladiator, 90+ rated in all 6 catagories.  That's a Gullit level of insanity.  Well worth the coin. 

I've not used him yet.  :unsure:

Haha. Have to report back on performance.

So many players don't live up to thier stats and even now Gold Varane, Mendy, Gomez and Walker will still beat any 99 rated attacker!!