Ultimate Team

Timmo

Which ever way you look at it, that's a piss poor selection from EA. :(

Baby Butra and Baggio are the best you can get and you won't have them till the end of March, eh!

Blanc is probably the best option but even then, doesn't seem worth the graft given TOTS starts to ramp up in March.

25x whatever packs it is!

10 minutes ago, hannay said:

If anyone has the 84 Brandt UCL card, check it, EA messed up and upgraded the card to a Road to the final card :lol:

Screenshot_20210220-131854_Companion_resize_99.thumb.jpg.ad0f7accdbce419ab6e28bc7f4142276.jpg

Nice little freebie

Is that your coin balance? :o

56 minutes ago, hannay said:

Yes. It's an out of control addiction. 

Same every year. Spend loads of money have a coin balance I never spend until TOTS. 

I was ridiculously addicted last year, I know how easy it is to get obsessed.  Taking a break this time though.

I said that about 21. Bought it pissed on the evening it was released... 

30 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I was ridiculously addicted last year, I know how easy it is to get obsessed.  Taking a break this time though.

1 hour ago, hannay said:

Yes. It's an out of control addiction. 

Same every year. Spend loads of money have a coin balance I never spend until TOTS. 

Do you use it for trading? You could really make that coin balance work for you over that period of time. Can’t imagine what kinda team you could put together then around TOTS.

6 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Do you use it for trading? You could really make that coin balance work for you over that period of time. Can’t imagine what kinda team you could put together then around TOTS.

Nope. Haven't got the patience lol. I wouldn't know where to start with trading. 

22 minutes ago, hannay said:

Nope. Haven't got the patience lol. I wouldn't know where to start with trading. 

I made 10m transfer profit last year and I started with 800k. I didn’t do it consistently just in periods where I could be bothered. 

nothing is full proof but there are noticeable patterns etc and of course there is always a future demand for SBC fodder. I think it’s a case of how much effort do you want to put in, you can easily invest in 100s of cards at a timed but it then stops you opening packs etc until you sell them. 

i could share some methods if you ever wanted to look into it.

Yes please @kthxbliz

I spunked all my moneys up the walls months ago, but love a good method!

I need to build up some funds again. Living on crumbs atm. 

@hannay that is silly money! I could waste that on SBCs soooo easy. :ph34r:

In other boring news. Does anyone have baby Vieira? It's madness but I've dropped his untradable from my team, I'm just getting nothing from him at all.

It's bizarre, I expected him to boss the midfield but the game just passes him by he just doesnt seem intercept or tackle at all.

Alright so I’ll try to explain a few pretty straight forward ones. I’m on my phone so forgive me for the short reply.

First I think you need to decide - how long am I happy to sit on my investments? And am I prepared to go unassigned. Since you can only have 100 items on the transfer list, you can have many more duplicates sitting as unclaimed or unassigned, but this prevents you open packs until they are dealt with. 

with a reasonable coin balance and a willingness to go unassigned I would go with the SBC fodder method. We invest in a handful of cards which are popular to use in SBC solutions. Great examples are high value cards which are not Meta and so are cheap. Good examples are Benzema, Busquets, Harry Kane etc. These cards so commonly used in SBC solutions we can be sure that when a popular SBC comes along (such as a repeatable Icon SBC or a really good value card like EOAE Rooney).  

Once you have a good grasp of which cards to target you just need to identify the time to buy, which is usually when there is plentiful supply and no really popular SBCs. Good times to buy are during the lightening rounds of a new promo, during reward pack openings, and just generally when the market is down for those cards, use futbin for historic values. After a while you know your cards and their price fluctuations. Generally while there is low demand you can get suitable 85 rated cards for around 8-10k and sell them during peak SBC demand for 14-16k. 

You obviously will need a considerable coin balance here for this method. But there are others we can use when there is a lower coin balance. 

A nice easy one is manager contracts. You can buy for 150 on bid during highs supply and sell at the weekend for 400. It’s time consuming and slow gains but it’s guaranteed. You can try this with Chen styles and position change cards too. 

another one you can try for immediate profit by grinding non rare golds and other cards used in cheap SBC solutions, such as league SBC and marque match ups. You can easily identify cards that can be bought on bid for around 200-300 coins below their buy it now price. Mass buy on bid and immediately list for BIN.

the final method id Mention is probably the glamour method where you can buy a handful of very expensive cards and cash in when they inevitably rise. This one can give huge returns but also comes with big risk. I won’t go into detail on this one today. 

hope that helps!

I'm very picky, I'll do an SBC if it fits one of my teams. Looking at the showdown cards tonight for example, no way will I do them. 

I'm waiting for some new Icon SBCs, or that Kroos card that was accidently leaked. I'd smash those SBCs in a second. 

Icon swaps and 2 academy players to grind for at the moment, keeping me out of the weekend league this week! 

He fits in well, and seems a big improvement over Kante. Petit and Makalele and CDM are fab. 

This is the line up, 451 for Chem. 

Rooney CAM, Messi RAM and Pulisic LAM

Buts up top. 

Neuer is Guff. 

Screenshot_20210223-002355_Companion_resize_98.thumb.jpg.08b829be5a85fe114c07a75f1c0ed988.jpg

13 hours ago, hannay said:

88 Petit. 

Wouldn't be bad if an upgrade on Kante. Not too sure. 

I’ve got him too. He’s a solid unit and a little more offensive minded than Kante, but I still prefer Kante.

16 hours ago, hannay said:

Mid / Prime Icon SBC, none repeatable. 

Anyone doing this? 

Can't decide. I feel I've had my icon luck with Baby Buts and Makalele Prime. I do feel my next icon is a mid Laudrup. 

i noticed this expires at 5.59pm on Friday. That makes me suspicious that the SBC is designed to take coins and cards off the market, in anticipation of maybe a new promo or an appealing SBC coming on Friday. Perhaps even it’s just to tempt people into opening their icon swaps packs (25 x 83+ etc)

Investment Watch: low rated rare golds are currently going for discard prices 650-700 on bid, a good time to stock up on those, since it’s likely we will see another repeatable upgrade SBC (81+ player pick or similar) which will put demand for those cards upto 1100 again. Easy 50% ROI there.

Yeah I was debating the swap packs but gonna go for Baggio. 

I have packed 2 of these new cards 'what if' so far:

CB Marcelo

LM Pereyra

As well I have completed objectives for Caputo

Haha. Deffo my best Icon pull ever. I think. I'd have been happy with Sol!!

Ultimately, no need for PIM Baggio now I don't think. So have decisions over icon swaps.

I can't see Baggio being better than my baby Buts.