Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Played my first FUT Champs this weekend and got gold 3 finishing 14-14.

 

14 wins was my aim so happy with that but can't help but feel I bottled gold 2 (17 wins) considering I was 13-9 at the start of Sunday.

 

Team is a big hindrance as I think I played about 5 teams where mine was the better side on paper. Gonna wait for my rewards Thursday then make some changes

 

image.png.908620f8e3490e2a96c92a37790f45b5.png

 

Kept track of my goals and Vydra scored 49 goals for me over the 28 games

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's well played considering the team!

 

Me and Baring took on the weekend league together and still only managed to play 19 games between us. (P8 W6 L2) Baring - Me P11 W9 L3)

 

So stressful. Just wanted to get to Gold 3 and be done with it. I dont know why I find it more stressful, most of the games are easier than what you would face in rivals. Certainly at the stage we wrapped in anyway, they were probably starting to ramp up.

 

As always and will be forever with Fifa, some games are just crisp and smooth, others are bog city. And when its bog city I am stumped. I feel like I need a scum bag formation for such occasions because any quick passing and moving is completely scuppered.

 

The team!

Screenshot_20201028-151317_Companion.thumb.jpg.c7c8c45be88ae954350f96bef49a7de8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

4-2-3-1 is just the right side of scumbag, but also having attacking options with a fast build up...as long as you have some quick/talented players up top.  I have Werner, Son, Lucas and Martial...

 

I hated the last WL.  Hated it.  I am only doing it once every 2 weeks, or I'd go insane.  Div 3 is so sweaty...I am currently yo-yo-ing between 3-5.

 

I got soooo lucky with my first load of packs (Aubamayang, 2 Sissoko's, packing untradeables of players I have so I could sell them, etc) I've got some great players.

 

The Team!  (This changes to a 4-2-3-1)

 

OwlFC.png.194332daa0ed8f41a9e4e7c52b5cd780.png

 

@Bennette98 That's mental considering your team!  Props. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steely said:

As always and will be forever with Fifa, some games are just crisp and smooth, others are bog city. And when its bog city I am stumped. I feel like I need a scum bag formation for such occasions because any quick passing and moving is completely scuppered.

I've not had any issues with lag, but I am on PC....I am assuming there is waaaay less people playing compared to PS4.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, won't be playing the weekend league this week but might next week, plan to upgrade to this team which I likely play in 4-2-3-1 too (possibly 4-4-2).

 

image.thumb.png.e26d2ff7e07748b25e4b0ecd92ab5d88.png

 

Any suggestions on how it could be changed to get Koulibaly on 9 chem? I think he'd be fine on 8 with loyalty and a manager but obvs 9/10 would be ideal

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 50k short of swapping Pepe for Salah, then it'll be Rodrigo and Martial on the wings and Son and Salah up front. As always totally rtg, pack luck has been good and bronze pack racketeering is only now starting to slow down to a halt. 

Not in any rush whatsoever to play the lagfest weekend league when rivals is pretty much always smooth. Life's too short. 

Screenshot_20201028-193921_Companion.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steely said:

That's well played considering the team!

 

Me and Baring took on the weekend league together and still only managed to play 19 games between us. (P6 W4 L2) Baring - Me P13 W10 L3)

 

So stressful. Just wanted to get to Gold 3 and be done with it. I dont know why I find it more stressful, most of the games are easier than what you would face in rivals. Certainly at the stage we wrapped in anyway, they were probably starting to ramp up.

 

As always and will be forever with Fifa, some games are just crisp and smooth, others are bog city. And when its bog city I am stumped. I feel like I need a scum bag formation for such occasions because any quick passing and moving is completely scuppered.

 

The team!

Screenshot_20201028-151317_Companion.thumb.jpg.c7c8c45be88ae954350f96bef49a7de8.jpg

You fibber. I won 6 lost 2. I was really proud of that :lol: had a mint evening and a few cans. My first 1v1 session on Fifa21. I haven’t played since like, it’s too stressful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

 

How do you find Milinkovic at CDM @Steely?

 

Naingollan is really good but I feel like I need a 2 CDM / 2 CM formation option to go alongside this one and there aren’t many options in Serie A.

 

I really like him, he is a big power house but he is quite nimble with the ball. Plus note he is great in the air for corners.

 

I'd probably liken him to a Pogba with a little more defensive awareness but a little less attacking threat.

 

Not much of a gamble at the moment, I think you can get him for the near min price for an 85 rated player.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks man. I’ve been looking at his IF too but doesn’t look like enough of a boost to justify the 49k.

 

Has anyone actually scored from a corner yet? I’m close to hitting the 70 UT game mark and have yet to get a header / shot even close to hitting the target. It’s actually the only defensive aspect of the game that feels fairly realistic and tight but no doubt I am missing this years ‘there’s a trick to it’.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For corners, if you press L1 or LB on xbox, you can determine where you want the ball to go, then you press the cross button and it enables you to move your main aerial threat to the space you're aiming for. Then press cross again and all being well your big man will have enough space to make the header and maybe even hit the target.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive wasted so many games trying to hit the near post, scored a handful but for the most part not getting anywhere near.

 

But last night, basically put it between the penalty spot and 6 yard box, about a third of the power, not sure if an inswing or outswing is best yet but we were threatening from them every time, even scored a couple in the same evening. Unheard of previously.

 

Like Ryanski said, use manual to choose your best header of the ball and put them in that space. (It will be Savic if you use him, beast!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Has anyone actually scored from a corner yet? I’m close to hitting the 70 UT game mark and have yet to get a header / shot even close to hitting the target. It’s actually the only defensive aspect of the game that feels fairly realistic and tight but no doubt I am missing this years ‘there’s a trick to it’.

 

I've played probably 120...scored 1.  Don't even bother trying now, always play it short and either try to nip into the box for a cut back, or pass it back to my CDM and set up another chance.  

 

18 hours ago, Bennette98 said:

 

Any suggestions on how it could be changed to get Koulibaly on 9 chem? I think he'd be fine on 8 with loyalty and a manager but obvs 9/10 would be ideal

 

 

Difference between 8 and 9 chem is like....2 sprint speed increase from 84 to 86.... standing tackle goes from 96 to 98....it's not worth worrying about it!  Decent players on 7/8/9 chem are absolutely fine.  

 

I'd honestly get rid of Mukiele, your keeper and that CB though.  Forcing Mukiele in your team screws up your right sided CB and keeper, it would benefit your overall defence to spread out your money/talent across those 3 positions, rather than forcing in two shitters to accomodate your RB.  I'd flog Wijnaldum and do something like, this...

 

Untitled.thumb.png.59366f6833a36b4033735b36bce9b545.png

 

Then aim for Gomez at CB!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Mitchell, that's a great help!

 

I actually have untradable Ederson and Alisson so could use either of those in goal and have Laporte/Ake/Gomez at CB instead. But those option would put Naingolan down to 8 chem (which isn't much bother).

 

Would you recommend Allan over Fabinho?

 

If I went with Ederson/Laporte I could still Mukiele at RB and get Sissokho in CM.

 

I don't often venture out from on league teams so tend to struggle with hybrids

 

Edit: Actually noticed I can do the above and get Naingolan on 10 chem by playing 4-3-3(4)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

What's going on with the market this year?  Some of the prices are ridiculously low, others stupidly high.  I packed

 

Haaland

Handanovic

Di Marie

 

None worth more than 21k??

 

 

 

I sold Wijnaldum for 69k yesterday. He is an exceptional player for Liverpool and is so essential to the way they play but I sat on him for over a week not realising he was worth that amount because WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE BE WORTH THAT AMOUNT?!!

 

More than ever its down to pace isn't it, which is why world class players like Kane and Halland are really very cheap compared to lesser players that are quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

 

I sold Wijnaldum for 69k yesterday. He is an exceptional player for Liverpool and is so essential to the way they play but I sat on him for over a week not realising he was worth that amount because WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE BE WORTH THAT AMOUNT?!!

 

More than ever its down to pace isn't it, which is why world class players like Kane and Halland are really very cheap compared to lesser players that are quick.

This is where the game is fucked up. A 80 rated Saint-Maximin card is far more useable than a 91 Lewa. 

 

Lewa should be untouchable in the game, but just isn't. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bennette98 said:

Thanks Mitchell, that's a great help!

 

I actually have untradable Ederson and Alisson so could use either of those in goal and have Laporte/Ake/Gomez at CB instead. But those option would put Naingolan down to 8 chem (which isn't much bother).

 

Would you recommend Allan over Fabinho?

 

If I went with Ederson/Laporte I could still Mukiele at RB and get Sissokho in CM.

 

I don't often venture out from on league teams so tend to struggle with hybrids

 

Edit: Actually noticed I can do the above and get Naingolan on 10 chem by playing 4-3-3(4)

 

Oh, Allan is amazing.  He's been my favourite CDM for years now.  His agility is 80, so he is so nippy, great at jockeying, he can run with the ball, great balance so doesn't get knocked about...I don't understand EA's ratings, especially overall.  Look at the comparison to Fabinho.  I don't get why he's 83 and Fabinho 87!  

 

https://www.futbin.com/21/compare/573/1063

 

If you're going with a Prem defence, Alisson is a must.  That's a handy save of 100k if you've got him untradeable...Sissoko is a unit at CDM as well, but I just prefer the nippier CDM's...I ended up dropping him for Allan/Partey and I'm still finding Partey a bit of an oaf even with Hunter.  I think it's when that agility stat goes into green from 79 to 80, it makes such a difference.  Especially if they are under 6 foot.    

 

But yeah, Laporte is great (just make sure you switch him to the left and Koulibaly to the right when you change formation!), Ederson great, Gomez is excellent...you can get Walker when have some more coins...you've got great options.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hannay said:

This is where the game is fucked up. A 80 rated Saint-Maximin card is far more useable than a 91 Lewa. 

 

Lewa should be untouchable in the game, but just isn't. 

 

 

It's their stupid penchant for downgrading players speed/agility when they get over 30.  

1 hour ago, MardiganX said:

More than ever its down to pace isn't it, which is why world class players like Kane and Halland are really very cheap compared to lesser players that are quick.

 

Haaland and Kane are still absolute nuisances in game, used the right way...but it's easier to just hold down sprint.  :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its all in the Meta, physical stats often outweigh Technical stats.

 

I wonder how much of a difference the shooting stats make, example, Kane finishing x out of 10 from the same position as someone more meta, with worse finishing, like gold Rashford.

 

It certainly wouldnt be enough of a difference, to take on the cargo ship, which is Harry Kane. Rashford is going to get you 5x more chances with his pace and agility.

 

Other news...So many players now have dropped to the bottom of the ratings costs barrel. 83s going for around 1k, its an investment that sits there for a few weeks or more, but you may aswell fill your club up with all the 83/84/85s who are on the bread line.

 

Looking at last years data, they all took a jump in the second week of November (Vardy POTM 83 rated squad!), then peaked again at the end of Nov. (Baby Icon SBC - Prices went off the scale, alot of fodder went extinct very briefly.)

 

We cant be far off a similar pattern...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finally grinded enough to enter the WL but gathering from above that its not to be touched at the moment. Is that right? If it doesnt add points to your rivals score like it has always done before then that is bullshit but I thought that was something they fixed with a recent update, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I've finally grinded enough to enter the WL but gathering from above that its not to be touched at the moment. Is that right? If it doesnt add points to your rivals score like it has always done before then that is bullshit but I thought that was something they fixed with a recent update, no?

I imagine its not something they are going to fix,limiting the rewards people get is something ea want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

 

It's their stupid penchant for downgrading players speed/agility when they get over 30.  

 

Haaland and Kane are still absolute nuisances in game, used the right way...but it's easier to just hold down sprint.  :(

Exactly,it's dumb!

 

I was going to buy Coady at the beginning, just thought it might be nice to have someone different in defence for a few games.....I think his pace rating is 48!! Forty fucking eight!  That's dumb as fuck.

 

They need to overhaul the game and stop reliance solely on pace.  Yes, in the modern game pace is very important, but if you have Kane he should still be one of the most usable players in the game.

 

Also, being an average FIFA player, I don't get this issue with restricting how many points Rivals/Weekend league gives you.  Surely it means an average player doesn't get put off so much because they can't play a million games a week?! You still get rewards in weekend games, so why should you be rewarded even more?

 

Am I missing something?

 

 

What they need to fix is cunts self relegating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m currently using this team. I’ve freed up enough coins to get Allan in to replace Partay (who is good but Allan looks better). Having multiple 5 star skills players is fun, especially for flick up volleys and rainbow flicks over the last defender to smash it in!
 

3197C6B3-CC73-41C1-A703-D74911D6240C.jpeg.f2abb6bfc810fe19160f6139c3bbcf04.jpeg
 

After deciding to use Pogba he’s been a revelation in my team. Pops up with crucial goals and assists in almost every game at the moment. Got Ederson untradeable last week so bought Laporte to get him on chemistry after using Lloris and Sanchez for the Spurs link. Varane must be up there with the best CBs in the game, the guy has all the right stats and seems to be able to catch pretty much anyone. 
 

My son just packed a tradeable Kante, his second on Xbox (the other was UT), jammy little bastard!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mitchell said:

 

Oh, Allan is amazing.  He's been my favourite CDM for years now.  His agility is 80, so he is so nippy, great at jockeying, he can run with the ball, great balance so doesn't get knocked about...I don't understand EA's ratings, especially overall.  Look at the comparison to Fabinho.  I don't get why he's 83 and Fabinho 87!  

 

https://www.futbin.com/21/comparhttps://www.futbin.com/21/player/1063/allan-marques-loureiroe/573/1063

Sweet man thanks, I think the rating difference is caused by Fabinho being a CDM and Allan being a CM. If you check their rating in futbin you can see that there both actually 85 rated CDMs but once you put a chem style on Allan becomes 89 and Fabinho is 88 (not sure why his card is 87 with that logic.)

 

At CM Fabinho starts 81 and Allan starts 83, with the Basic chem style Fabinho becomes 85 and Allan would be 86.

 

I think the same happens when comparing CM stats to CAM stats

 

15 hours ago, Mitchell said:

If you're going with a Prem defence, Alisson is a must.  That's a handy save of 100k if you've got him untradeable...Sissoko is a unit at CDM as well, but I just prefer the nippier CDM's...I ended up dropping him for Allan/Partey and I'm still finding Partey a bit of an oaf even with Hunter.  I think it's when that agility stat goes into green from 79 to 80, it makes such a difference.  Especially if they are under 6 foot.    

 

But yeah, Laporte is great (just make sure you switch him to the left and Koulibaly to the right when you change formation!), Ederson great, Gomez is excellent...you can get Walker when have some more coins...you've got great options.  

 

I sold a fair few players last night so have about 370k so might be able to fit in one of Gomez/Walker straight away.

 

I'll see what my balance is like when its built but I might settle for Laporte so that I can invest in some 83/84/85s as Steely has mentioned above

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.