6 minutes ago, hannay said:

Have you tried Martinez up front? I think he is tremendous!! 

I tried him playing coop with a mate, he wasn't a standout, i think in div 1 when people are better at tracking runs and defend tighter a striker needs to be elite pace wise or they need 5* skills or weak foot to be viable.

I’ve been playing the Live Friendly a bit (swaps game type) and in a game one of the three swapped players was IF Saint-Maximin. Probably the best player I’ve had the chance to use so far out with a loan Zidane that I’ve been using in friendlies. 

Been experimenting with lineups and after being inspired by a YouTube video I’ve got this 3-4-3 which is changed via tactics to 442 with Amama as an unorthodox RB. Despite his relatively poor defending stats the pace and power make him a good fit. The 3-4-3 is also good when goals are needed as the wide midfielders help to overload the attack. 

358338EF-EC4A-448F-B4F4-5996FAE1427E.jpeg.f1579e54681c385b9d4c1678325fca18.jpeg4D9D6829-9215-4BEA-B138-CC8C55ED9C97.jpeg.8cf0f5d513fa891a538fae0f715be3fb.jpeg

I still have 3 hours of the trial left, I've been saving it to test my internet. Sadly, u cannot get a consistent connection so probably won't get it. Like the game though. Managed to get placed into division 5, 2 wins and 3 disconnects!

I placed in div 7 after making the mistake of jumping in without any real practice. Now in 5 so on the way up. 

Finished the Silver Beasts objective earlier and packed Varane (untradable) so he’s straight into my team on 7 chem. Sold Aubameyang for 350k but waiting to see if I get anyone decent in the Deadline Day pack tomorrow which contains loan OTW and an untradeable TOTW player. I’ll have another week of rivals before having enough points to try the weekend league. 

Im enjoying the game a lot more than 20, they’ve made a good move with these objectives that use things like silver players and teams, makes it more interesting than having to try and force weird stuff like “assist 19 goals with crosses using defenders” etc. 

Packed an untradeable 88 Pirlo earlier from a milestone reward pack, my first packing of an icon that wasn’t from an SBC. 

He looks to be one of those players that doesn't fit the meta but with 5* skills,4* WF and some great shooting, dribbling and passing I’ll be giving him a run out. 

Bought Aguero to play up front after selling Aubameyang and while he’s not as explosive his shooting and dribbling is great, currently on 2 goals a game for me. 

I think Aguero is astonishing - bought him as a stop gab but will really struggle to shift him now.

Another couple of gems today -

The Vydra card is great fun! well worth it. The silver challenges are entertaining.

James Rogriguez SBC was done, and no he's not fast, but he moves so well, great feet, passing and finishing - lovely option from the bench.

I’ve done Rodriguez but using him and Pirlo in the same team isn’t an option due to both lacking pace and stamina. 

The silver objectives were fun, hopefully they keep doing things like that through the year. 

Im getting better at using Adama now, sometimes he’s a right handful to keep under control at full speed. 

EA have confirmed that weekend league games will give 400 rivals points and count towards your weekly 30 games for rewards.

This means that unless you get a load of rivals played quickly on Thursday Friday then the maximum points earned from the WL is 12000, which is nowhere near enough to get rank 1. 

This seems like a massive screw up and will cause uproar in the community. 

Sitting at 220k with a fairly solid Serie A team but I'm struggling with a few things that are really taking away my enjoyment of things.

Firstly, formation... I feel the diamond leaves me too exposed on defence and anything 4-3-3 related just doesn't have the same options on attack, so what is everyone using and getting good results from? I have untradeable Douglas Costa and Skriniar which is holding me to Serie A at the moment but will be changing it up soon.

Secondly, how the fuck do you defend in this fucking game? I have no problem conceding goals from being outplayed and grudingly accept (to an extent) the relentless rebound to another attacker goals, but watching defenders / midfielders 'jockey' from 3ft away to then get even further away as the opponent changes direction effortlessly is the worst it has ever been. This has always been a problem with Tactical Defending but FFS its been years and its no different, only worse. I know its me, because most people I play defend solid and get really close when applying pressure so what am I doing wrong?

So yeah, the actual football gameplay aside I'm loving it this year. I just wish there was something, anything done with the defending to make it less of a frustrating, unpredictable circus of tank like movement.

11 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’ve done Rodriguez but using him and Pirlo in the same team isn’t an option due to both lacking pace and stamina. 

The silver objectives were fun, hopefully they keep doing things like that through the year. 

Im getting better at using Adama now, sometimes he’s a right handful to keep under control at full speed. 

Am I missing something on these OTW SBCs as they all seem to be loan players with 7 games. WTF is the point in a OTW loan player at this stage of the season?

1 hour ago, nakamura said:

@MardiganX on this ball is OP, off the ball is hopeless. Defenders seem to go for the man and not the ball!

So much AI help for attacking and very little for defending. Scoring is sooooo easy now. 

Agreed.

How do I mitigate the shit show? :)

2 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Am I missing something on these OTW SBCs as they all seem to be loan players with 7 games. WTF is the point in a OTW loan player at this stage of the season?

The Rodriguez SBC isn’t for a loan. 

@MardiganX formation wise, I'm finding 4231 working again, seems to give the best balance if you utilise the CAM correctly. 

Packed Vardy in the 80+ striker reward pack, so gives Aguero a run for his money.

Not sure if anyone else if finding it, but I'm packing so many high rates keepers. 

Managed to crack these objectives tonight:

Assist in 100 games = rare player pack

Assist 500 goals 85+ team = jumbo rare player pack

Score 500 goals 85+ team = jumbo rare player pack 

Opened all at the same time.

Rare player pack -  7 duplicates (out of 12)

Rare Jumbo 1 - 19 duplicates (out of 24)

Rare Jumbo 2 - 17 duplicates (out of 24)

Absolute fucking disgrace.

Best player was 83 Vertongan out of that lot.

Can you increase loyalty in friendlies?

I have 4 players that need their loyalty badge for my last SBC in the Nation / League hybrid and figure I’m just going to have to play matches with them.

1 hour ago, ryanski said:

No but you can replay the featured team in squad battles multiple times and that works.

Just pull out your ethernet cable when that match kicks off and that game counts.

So start match and drop connection 10 times? :lol: amazing!!

23 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Is this game dead this year? 

No it's probably the best Fifa since 17, if they make a couple of tweaks in the right places (team press/constant pressure are too over powered) and fix second man press then it's probably the best Fifa ever.

I’m really enjoying the game so far. Got by far my best early stage team in any version since starting FUT. Packed an untradeable IF Ederson from rivals rewards but need to get a Man City CB to get him on a decent chem rating.

After starting in Div 7 I’ve got to 4 now so think I’ll be at my level there. 

edit: Just packed Pogba from marquee matchups:omg:

22A82492-87DA-4E50-8211-AE79CC98451B.thumb.jpeg.52e7c00d4a93cb1ca06ef2f8c0924d49.jpeg

Yeah the coop is a great mode to add ,and you both get points as well as coins so its all good.

Unless ur @mackenie who racks up his allocated amount of games before we play together so then i cant get rewards and points even tho i haven't played all my games....