@Steelynice team! I had a nightmare with my placement matches, got 1 win, a draw and three defeats to be put in division 7 :facepalm:  

The losses were against teams like what you have with one also including bloody Thierry Henry. Ive since played a few squad battles and friendlies to bolster my coins and packs and have this team now. Played one main rivals game and managed to come back from 4-1 down at HT to win 5-4 with a last second tap in! Finding defending tricky to say the least!

Think I’ve got about 4 hours left on the trial so gonna use that to accumulate as many squad battle points before the first rewards are out tomorrow night. 

B6863831-2344-4890-96F0-9523ABCC7F9E.jpeg

Alright lads. That’s me just updated the app so on the 21 rollercoaster and looking forward to it. Won’t be in the game until Tuesday night after I get it downloaded but started to shape a Serie A team, mainly because I got Douglas Costa (untradeable) in an early SBC pack.

Will gradually build a very basic team and see how it goes.

How does the game itself handle then for those that have played it?

I fucking caved. Again. 

It's amazing how people have built super teams already, it's a struggle!

Ended up in D7 and maintaining it.

Gameplay feels sluggish and slow, but thats because i'm not using a 97 rated team now like I have been in FIFA 20!! 

Team Pressing has been addressed to a point which is good, no fitness cards is a bonus, but packs of now full of stadium guff. 

Best player so far is Lautaro Martinez, beast of an 84 striker, so main team is based around Serie A. Packed Robertson too, but no inks at this point.

First time since Fifa 16 that I’ve not ordered the Ultimate Edition, the EA Play trial sucked me back in so going to order the standard version this week. Never got anything good from the weekly packs anyway so can’t justify the 80 odd quid it costs. 

Anyone else finding their defenders running in the bloody wrong direction?? 

Ran out of my 10 hours, mid game annoyingly 4-0 up. Shouldn't let you start if there isn't enough time to finish!!

Champion edition acquired. Working in London today and tomorrow so will be on it tomorrow night. I’ve sold pretty much all the stuff I got from my packs on the app and will see how my initial packs in game fall before deciding what kind of squad to go for, but Serie A looks to be the most likely as I said above having Costa untradeable.

I have managed to pick up a few half decent Prem players though, Mendy (Chelsea), Gabriel (Arsenal) so will see how things fall.

I've tried a few but the more I play this it just feels like fifa 20 again.  Defending isn't easy but I feel it isn't easy because it's just been made badly.  A defender will not track anything at all.  They just stand there until you take control.  I don't mind no auto blocking or tackling but they have to at least track a run.  

It's gonna be 4231 and 442 again. 4321 and 433 variations are decent at the moment but will fade when people get faster defenders and better at stopping fast wingers.

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

It's gonna be 4231 and 442 again. 4321 and 433 variations are decent at the moment but will fade when people get faster defenders and better at stopping fast wingers.

That a flat 4-4-2 Timmo? I’ve used the diamond and 4-4-2 with narrow CAMs but never flat.

I found 442 tough but 4222 or 4231 to be effective.  Pace seems decent in the placement matches but once you've 100k and every team you face is militao and carlos or similar as cbs you're right back in fifa 20.

Yeah its the same game, same Meta.

Although corners and crosses seem to favour the attacker more now.

Every little wanker with Rodrigo from Leeds kills me every game. 

56 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

That a flat 4-4-2 Timmo? I’ve used the diamond and 4-4-2 with narrow CAMs but never flat.

Yeah flat. You'd think your midfield would be too porous but you'd be surprised.

4 hours ago, Timmo said:

Yeah flat. You'd think your midfield would be too porous but you'd be surprised.

What tactics are you using for the 4-4-2?  I've not changed anything from Default and find I am having to pull my CM's around all the time.  They are both H/H, and I've told one of the fuckers to stay back, but they are not as deep as I would like.  Ta!

I've done a load fo the SBC's and packed Ocampos, Gaya, Carvajal (then packed an untradeable Carvajal, so make a load of coins off him along with a couple of pricey Bundesliga players), Benzema and Valverde!  Who is lovely.  Managed Div 3, so got another 90k...

Of the ridiculous amounts of coins I made, I've got a lovely team.  Just managed to snipe Courtois for 30k (PC Players are very odd, as there's less playing, there seems to be more opportunity to snipe).  2 hours to go of the 10.

Untitled.png

Since I can’t play the game decided to take a risk and spend most of my coins on the Hybrid Nations SBC. 

Opened the rare mega pack and it’s a warm welcome to the club for Mr Aubameyang :omg:

To use or sell, that’s the 350,000 coin question...

Interesting to see the continued slide of review scores for FIFA over the last few years: 18-84, 19-81, 20-78, 21-75.

As someone who hasn't played much in the last few years, I think 21 is easily as good, if not better than anything that I've played before. Of the reviews I've read, the predominant complaint seems to be that UT has been prioritised over the other game modes. I'm not surprised by this as everyone plays FIFA for UT now and that is where they make all their money.

10 minutes ago, Herbalizer said:

Is Ultimate Team enjoyable if you don't invest more money into buying FIFA coins?  I'm thinking about getting it on Steam, but the pay to win element puts me off.

You can get a ridiculous team without investing anything. Just takes a bit longer to get there, and it does stop you purchasing the best of the best. But players just below that level will do great for you.

It's also way more rewarding to get there gradually.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

You can get a ridiculous team without investing anything. Just takes a bit longer to get there, and it does stop you purchasing the best of the best. But players just below that level will do great for you.

It's also way more rewarding to get there gradually.

Yeah totally this. I'm just too impatient. TBH packs even paid for are mainly a waste of time!!

33 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Has anyone seen anything of the next gen versions? The advert shows a few seconds but it looks jaanky

Bound to be exactly the same at a higher resolution. Next year will be a new engine.

Does anyone remember when web app log in bonuses normally start? I’m sure in past years it’s been before the official launch but not seen anything yet. 

As for my team, going to wait and monitor the prices of my highest value players, will hopefully be at a peak around the first weekend league so once I’ve got the game will get a load in with Auba before cashing in to build a full decent team.