rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

25 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I'm not too fussed for Promes, Vinicius Jr has been decent for me, would happily sell Promes and use the funds for someone else.

Promes is definitely the best LW for 16k. You could reinvest the coins elsewhere - bring in Felipe Anderson at LM and put Telles at LB.

But I'm not seeing a huge improvement elsewhere.

After that you're saving for a better GK.

• Upvote 1

Just lost another two WL matches to stoppage time + equalisers which led to penalty and extra time defeats. Conceding cut back and kick off goals, and those being all anyone is playing for, is pretty boring. Won't be bothering to enter again but I'll enjoy my two gold packs I guess from one win and seven defeats this time round.

5 wins from 5 to finish off my WL, after the introduction of Johan! Only managed Silver 1 but I could only play 15 games this weekend, so pretty happy with that.

He feels amazing, as you would expect. I had no idea he was the 4th most expensive Baby Icon. On par with Brazilian Ronaldo pricewise. :wub:

Over the moon. I think that's my new best pull. 

When I upgraded from prime Raul and prime Sheva last year to prime R9 the difference was incredible. Just pass it to him at the edge of the box and goal. Would love to try out Cruyff this year. 

:omg: Still cant believe it.

First thought was 'Dutch flag, oh fuck, its Van Der Sar" Then CF popped up, "Oh well Bergkamp! Could have been worse." Then when Cruyff rolled out, I had to peel myself off the ceiling.

Its a stupid SBC, but I kept wasting 100k here and there on random packs getting nothing, having the coins sat there was making me stupidly frivolous, I though fuck it, I'm rolling the dice.

Its still not an SBC I can realistically recommend people do :lol:, unless you are willing to lose 500k+ on getting something like a Deco. You have to be in that sort of stupid mindset.

• Upvote 2

I've heard he is the best Goalkeeping Icon like, but a GK is still not what you want to pull from the SBC.

Plus I've got untradable Ter Stegen who does a very good job!

How do you get so many coins? Through trading, buying packs with real money and selling players or by playing? Is there some trick that i dont know about?! I had 120K once and thought i was loaded.

44 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

How do you get so many coins? Through trading, buying packs with real money and selling players or by playing? Is there some trick that i dont know about?! I had 120K once and thought i was loaded.

There are lots mate, all depends on how fast you want to get the coinage. If you have money and you can live with wasting it, then buy packs. If you are the RTG type then you will need to follow trends, news, match results and fixtures to work out what players will be valuable at which times to then invest and resell. Or you can go middling and buy low Monday am (1/2am seems the sweet spot) and the resell Wed/Thur/Fri.

• Upvote 1

There are many many techniques out there, a lot of them time consuming mind. Pants has posted a guide somewhere a few pages back for a fairly simple one.

But for me...

-Dont buy packs using real money.

-Dont buy packs using coins. (I fail at this one myself, it just shouldnt be done, its a big gamble that rarely pays off.)

-Do! Do SBCs, Marquee Matchs ups, Marquee Moments, Uefa specials, the majoirty of them are worth doing because they cost so little do do if you do them right. Its a gamble, but its not as big a gamble of buying the packs out right.

-Do! Do the Pants technique for making coin which is bidding on cheap players and selling them buy it now, I do a slight variation on this, which I will detail below.

-Do! Rewards, I dont go out of my way for rewards buy the gimmes are the Weekend League and Rivals. I dont tend to do Squad Battles myself, unless I am forced by a objective I want. Again I take Un-tradables as my rewards, you could take untradables to, there is always money to be made the pants, way, and you wont run out of coins doing it, so roll the dice on something you can use! And if you cant use them, punt them into SBCs as and when required.

-Do! Do Objectives, if you like the look of the player, if they look achievable, some can be very tricky, partially the ones which require rival wins. But these players will save you money, if they fit into your team.

-Do! Do SBCs for players, if they look good and will fit into your team, bring them in, providing they arent too expensive. Paulinho, Vardy, Villa, Di Maria, Benzema, we have had a few good value ones recently. Obviously depends on your budget, you arnt particalry flush, but some of these players would cost way way above there SBC cost, if they where live items on the market. If they are good and fit into your team, they are saving you money in the long run because if you are like me, it will stop you from constantly adjusting your line up and also it means dont have to buy players for that position for the time being, meaning you can spend monies on players in other areas.

-Maybe. Invest, when the market is low, you can build up a decent vault of players who are considered SBC fodder, these are players who have a decent rating, but dont tend to me used in game, just used for SBCs mainly. Always players are 83+ the likes of Morata, Sigurdson, Diego Costa, Pizzi, Ibra. Etc... Basically the cheapest players, of there respective ratings.

You need to keep an eye on there value on Futbin, when they are fairly low, buy them, to be listed at a later date, such as when an in demand SBC comes out. The Base Icon SBC is currently propping up the prices, but they still fluctuate when a decent player SBC drops. Its a trickier one, and it often means you are sat on players for a while, waiting to shift them. I say stick to the Pants menthod!

In summary, the Pants method is safest, SBCs require luck, just make sure you do the SBCs which are relatively cheap in comparison to the reward worth, and hope for a bit of luck.

RE the Pants methond. This is my slightly altered version of it:

What I do is: (I havent checked the prices today, so this is example from when I last did it! For prices you need to see whats cheapest for the respective league and position and sell 50g above that and bid 250 below that!)

-Bid on LM/RM premier league players with a maximum bid price of 600,

-Sell them for Buy it now at 850. (900 if they are English, because its a better chance of a strong link, so more demand.)

Worst case is, if I win a player for 600 and sell him for 850, thats 207 profit (Ea Tax it at 5%) but in a fair few cases, you win the bid for cheaper than 600, increasing that profit!

You can rinse and repeat this technique and make bank.

You can mix it up, I do like to stick to Premier league and just roll around target positions, so I also use CBs or RB/LB, just change your prices to line up with the current market buy it nows and go 50g above that and aim for 200 profit minimum. (I dont move away from these positions as sometimes, CDMS/ST/GK etc, drop to rock bottom with buy it nows going as low as 500. The positions above, tend to stay above, slightly. And always rise when new SBCs drop.)

Pants video explains it far better! Hopefully he can link it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all, will give the Pants method a go later, and the LM / RM method makes sense. 

I've done quite a few SBC's and been lucky with Pique etc. Kind of given up trying to get Icons, depending on the challenges next season.

Here's a young man who talks far too fast and jumps around different tangents too much, and uses in-depth terminology... but if you can follow it, this explains what the Bronze pack method is and how it works.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I've realised I'm holding on to too many players just because got them at prices they don't seem like they will return to any time soon with the SBCs that are coming out. I think I'm going to be a bit ruthless, cull some players like Insigne, Dybala, Suarez, Umtiti that I don't play with. There are also those that I can't see myself ever using apart from putting in SBCs like David Silva, Parejo, Lukaku and various other 84+ cards.

This still leaves me with three teams that seem pretty decent to me. Would anyone be interested in suggesting one or two upgrades for each team? Assume 300k to spend (on Xbox for the difference it makes).

1: https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/11657724

I will be adding Storyline Gelson Martins to this, so could play Dembele on the left or splash out on Griezman IF or normal Hazard.

2: https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/11658330

KDB and Allan on 8 chem with manager. Shoehorning in KDB is making things awkward but I prefer him, Witsel and Thorgan Hazard IF to the Serie A options (Insigne/Dybala/Gómez, Pjanic/SMS, Douglas Costa). Eden Hazard would obviously also upgrade this team quite nicely.

3: https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/11658524

These are all packed players. Has the advantage of containing my two best players and being incredibly sweaty. Considering Cancelo over TAA as he would also link to Gelson Martins.

I've taken the view that cheap icons aren't worth it but then I see someone like 89 LW Laudrup for 230k and think he would solve chem problems/give more hybrid choices. I guess the price alone shows he's not worth going for, but any thoughts welcome.

Edit: just remembered 85 Trossard! Face states are better than Thorgan Hazard and he would be free, but will take a while to earn him unless I start really going for it.

I'd go with option 3, but I'd definitely get a better LB and LCB. Dunno how many coins you have, but cheap options you'd be better off with:

1. LCB Davison Sanchez, LB Telles on 7 Chem.

2. LB Rousillion, LCB Hernandez (French from Bayern), or TotGS Konate. This would shift Anderson onto 7 chem though, or you swap him fro Martial (pricey).

3. Really expensive option: play a 442 with De Bruyne LCM, then have Hazard LM, Ferland Mendy LB, and Scream Otamendi LCB.

Ah okay, maybe I wasn't clear but they are the three main teams I currently have that I rotate between. I already have Roussillon and RTTF Konaté (and Lucas Hernandez) but wanted to keep my teams quite distinct from each other. Scream Otamendi is an interesting suggestion, he would link with my Acuna IF or the objective Tagliafico, and might make the Di Maria SBC worth doing. I could essentially get all 3 of them for the same as I would spend on someone like Eden Hazard.

Carnage on the markets.

CR7 now at 1,150,000

TotGS Koulibaly at 105k

IF Mertens at 206k.

This means I have lost 400k on 3 players in a week.

Normally I wouldn't stress fluctuations, and I always expect to lose some coins on players I play with... but by any stretch that's a fucking huge amount. In a week too no less.

The trading side of things keeps me coming back through terrible gameplay. If EA are deliberately drastically devaluing our teams, making it difficult to upgrade, then I'm quickly losing any will to keep playing.