rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

My red player picks were one from Krystov, Victor Rodriguez and Herrman. Impressive that it's three players I've never even heard of.

I'm going for the untradeable packs from Rivals. Need to boost my first owner players for Swap objectives.

• Empathy 1

Anyone poor enough and needs the coins the gold prem players are back on for 350 this morning using Pants method.

Last couple days its been slim pickings but i just got 100 of them no issues. Thats 20k in the bag.

• Upvote 1

On 09/11/2019 at 15:47, Pants McSkill said:

@Billy Brown

As you're new, I assume you don't know about mass open bidding?

I made you a video. It's an easy way to make some coins.

Gonna start doing this, seems like such an easy way to pretty much double your money in an hour.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Gonna start doing this, seems like such an easy way to pretty much double your money in an hour.

I buy for 350 and list for 550/600 they ALWAYS sell in a few attempts. If you have 50 in reserve too its a few K an hour and you can do it on your phone easy enough.

You just spent a million coins on 1 players, you probably can save yourself the time :lol: 

5 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

Just started Ultimate Team, it's like digital crack. I love it.

I've never tried Fifa online as im pretty crap at it. Will it eventually match make me against equally crap players?

Yes! I was in much the same boat as you a couple of weeks back. The online Rivals mode has 10 divisions and will ensure you're up against the right level of player for your skill level. You'll have 5 games at the start to determine which division you should start in, so don't be disheartened if you get smashed in some / all of them as I did. I'd consider myself to be entirely mediocre (and that's being generous) but I'm finding it hugely enjoyable nonetheless as I'm getting my fair share of wins / close matches.

• Upvote 1

Note to self.

Don't do weekend league this weekend! Must get Mbabu and Icons cards instead of putting myself through the pain of forcing myself to play games.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

3 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

Yes! I was in much the same boat as you a couple of weeks back. The online Rivals mode has 10 divisions and will ensure you're up against the right level of player for your skill level. You'll have 5 games at the start to determine which division you should start in, so don't be disheartened if you get smashed in some / all of them as I did. I'd consider myself to be entirely mediocre (and that's being generous) but I'm finding it hugely enjoyable nonetheless as I'm getting my fair share of wins / close matches.

I'm going to try it tonight. I never use skill moves, too complicated. I cant be the only one that does this surely? :)

14 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

@Mitchellthe filthy tactics have been working well for me, the CM wall of Sissoko and Ndidi is immense and made better seeing that they are quality on the ball too!

I really wanted Mertens back, as I wasn't really feeling Lacazette...Aubameyang was great, but I missed the nippyness of smaller players, so have gone with Aguero and Mertens now. 

I just couldn't leave Sissoko behind though!  Love this team and disgusting formation right now.  

Untitled.thumb.png.f87b17df9d27b8391e71d84b5e9b872e.png

30 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I'm going to try it tonight. I never use skill moves, too complicated. I cant be the only one that does this surely? :)

I hardly use them either!  Apart from knocking the ball on, really.  Just pass it quickly, use 1-2's and don't run everywhere.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Steely said:

The contrast between the music and the utterly uninspiring rewards is perhaps the greatest work of art this century has seen yet.

1 hour ago, Steely said:

Note to self.

Don't do weekend league this weekend! Must get Mbabu and Icons cards instead of putting myself through the pain of forcing myself to play games.

You got the same red picks as me, and very similar packs, just such encouragement to make you to sit and play 30 games of a weekend.

I got Barella and the 81 guy you turned down in your second pick, so it could be worse.

I did pack a shitty discard TOTW and a Hunter card though, so that's 15k cash back at least. Still not worth grinding 22 games of FIFA over a weekend for, though.

Tell you what, having better players really makes a difference in this. I was struggling at professional level in Ultimate Team then i got Aguero as a loan card. First game using him, won 3-0. Only problem is, now i need to save up enough to buy him on the transfer market.

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

Tell you what, having better players really makes a difference in this. I was struggling at professional level in Ultimate Team then i got Aguero as a loan card. First game using him, won 3-0. Only problem is, now i need to save up enough to buy him on the transfer market.

If he's your target, there will be cheaper alternatives that will still make a big difference while you're saving up for him. He might not fit in your specific team, but Werner is a great example that I was able to pick up very early on. He's available for 6k currently and absolutely lethal.

• Upvote 1

Played my first game online, first of the 5 placement matches. Went down 3-0 quickly but got it back to 3-2. Ended up losing 4-2. The other guy was using trick moves all the time and seemed to get rattled when I pulled one back.

Loved it though.

• Upvote 1

One thing I've admired about fifa in the last few years is their ability to 9 times out of 10 give you an evenly matched game in fut or any other mode with their ranking system. Gotta say this icon swap grind has right royally screwed that up big time. It's a very long time since any game made me angry, I'm too old for that shit, but my god the amount of people clearly relegating themselves for easier meat has made a mockery of matchmaking. I sincerely hope they never again set in place so many objectives that people desire so badly to the point of not having a clue what level of opponent you will face. Fun goes out the window with this sort of thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ryanski said:

One thing I've admired about fifa in the last few years is their ability to 9 times out of 10 give you an evenly matched game in fut or any other mode with their ranking system. Gotta say this icon swap grind has right royally screwed that up big time. It's a very long time since any game made me angry, I'm too old for that shit, but my god the amount of people clearly relegating themselves for easier meat has made a mockery of matchmaking. I sincerely hope they never again set in place so many objectives that people desire so badly to the point of not having a clue what level of opponent you will face. Fun goes out the window with this sort of thing. 

1 hour ago, Ballzzie said:

That's been pretty much my night, every night.

What divisions are you in?  

I'm in 5 and hover around 5-4...and I have to say, I have learnt to ignore the team screen before I play.  I can hold my own against anyone in this area...

Although, If it's a team of silvers and German 81 rated cloggers, I am more scared than if it's a team with Roberto Carlos, Guardiola and Ronaldo? Or is that your point?!

For me I 100% feel there is some auto balancing that happens when I play a much lower rated team. Last night in particular was terrible. It's like the AI goes on a break and all my players run as if they are pulling a weight behind them. I have to continually hit L1 to get players to run up the pitch otherwise they just stand in the middle. I've tweaked settings and depth and nothing seems to matter. It's just there's code in there somewhere that dictates how well each team will perform and 3 out of 5 games it seems to go against me.

Div 6, 850 points.

I took untradeadable packs yesterday (gotta be due Messi right?) and pulled Pique. Sold Laporte for a decent profit and brought in Umtiti and Carvajal. The Toko-Ekambi SBC was a nice surprise, hopefully a bit of pace at ST will complement Lewandowski. Fekir, Morales and IF Muniain as subs.

After getting my final first owner Premier League win to complete Guardiola I'm done with icon swaps now. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ryanski said:

Agree with this, Rivals has been a mess all week. They need a separate mode for this stuff.

You need to play on world class to do the single player Icons things? I've only just stepped it up to Pro. Is there much difference between the two or should i just forget the icons for the time being?