rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

8 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

Somehow, my 11 year old son managed to get relegated to division 10 and ended up on ZERO points :o

Meant I got to have some fun completing objectives for him though as it was so much easier than my usual division  5/6 struggles with these. 

Can he log into my account pls?

Although more of these and I'll be smooth sailing...

On 11/11/2019 at 20:41, Pants McSkill said:

Sure! I'll record a quick one when I get a moment.

The 100 chem SBC: There's a cheat you can do called the loyalty glitch.

Put them into a Squad

Go into Squad battles

Play against the TotW team

Kick off, play for a few passes.

Open the PS4 quick menu

Close application: Fifa

Rinse and repeat.

It'll cost you contracts, but you can get those form bronze packs, which pay for them selves if you list the bronze players you get in them.

Nah man don't close FIFA, just go to network settings and untick Network, then retick and go back into FIFA. Then log back into FUT.

• Upvote 1

Current team.

Screenshot_20191113-092429-02.thumb.jpeg.f0ea97920f90c9ab48ec5351b4c80254.jpeg

Really can't decide on which Icon to go for.

Keane: I can't have 2 M/H midfielders in a 442, and I don't know he's massively better than RTTF Allan.

Zanetti: Should I really use my icon swaps on a RB? There's a world in which he plays CM for me, but that would involve complicated starting squads to find a RB, and makes it tougher to build hybrids.

Butrgueno: I never get on with M/M strikers. They just don't do enough for me. I'll try and gather the coins to try him before I make my choice, but if I can't, I'd hate to pick him and have the same issues I already know I'm going to have.

Rio: I think I'm learning towards him the most. He's an upgrade on Militao or Ramos, albeit a small one. But if I bought RTTF Militao...

My first decent team, quite cheap this lot. 

I did the rivals 5 games and in division 6. The drag back is just unreal and a proper game changer for me, it opens gaps up all over the place. 

CD73CC8D-7557-4B4F-BF6A-106BC7596053.png

• Upvote 2

The main reason I decided against Butrageuno in the end was that I just know there will be a striker I want more in Season 2. I'm happy to wait for an Henry or someone like that.

I do really like Keane so far, and I am having no issues playing him alongside De Jong, although there is a small part of me that does think what might have been with Zanetti. That's probably just always gonna happen, though. The thing is, though, you can't get Politano to 10 chem with Zanetti without making half of your team Serie A for the entirety of FIFA and I didn't wanna force my hand. And with the already brilliant Politano getting upgraded at some point I don't think he's going to leave my team. Plus I could always buy Zambrotta, or EA might release a flashback Florenzi like they always seem to.

I'd describe Keane as Vidal, on steroids, with insane passing. The passing is incredibly noticeable. The other great thing is that I can switch to 4-1-2-1-2 anytime and he does a great job on his own as a sole CDM.

All that said, I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of Rio, Zanetti or Keane.

I'm gonna get Nesta as well as Keane. I tried Sule and had no issues with his agility so he should fit in nicely for at least a while.

3 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

It dawned on my that I can get Rio and Pep icons if I managed to get all the swaps.

Decision made.

Beware Pep, I tried him and he's incredibly average.

Keane and Nesta is your other option.

38 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Beware Pep, I tried him and he's incredibly average.

Keane and Nesta is your other option.

Rio is 16 Tokens and Pep is 8 bud, thats all the tokens we can get.

Just now, Baring said:

Are the tokens straight forward to get but a grind? 

Yep. they're things like 'Win 5 Squad Battles matches on min. Legendary difficulty using 11 EFL Championship players in your starting squad' or 'Win 4 Rivals matches using 7 First Owned La Liga players in your starting squad'.

You've missed 12 tokens already, but you could get 9 from the current lot and get Nesta, or get 11 and get Roberto Carlos.

• Upvote 1

First lot were easier. I managed 7. No way I'm earning 9 of this lot to get Keane so Pep will have to do for me.

I wonder what the chances of base Gattuso in the next season are? That might solve your Politano dilemma @Timmo. He's 89 rated at CDM.

There are still 12 available:

Schmeichel (86) - 6 tokens

Okocha (87) - 8 tokens

Guardiola (85) - 8 tokens

Giggs (89) - 9 tokens

Nesta (88) - 9 tokens

Roberto Carlos (86) - 11 tokens

Crespo (85) - 12 tokens

Kluivert (86) - 12 tokens

Klose (89) - 12 tokens

4 minutes ago, Swallow said:

First lot were easier. I managed 7. No way I'm earning 9 of this lot to get Keane so Pep will have to do for me.

I wonder what the chances of base Gattuso in the next season are? That might solve your Politano dilemma @Timmo. He's 89 rated at CDM.

Don't think I'll be getting another CM next time...

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

Yep. they're things like 'Win 5 Squad Battles matches on min. Legendary difficulty using 11 EFL Championship players in your starting squad' or 'Win 4 Rivals matches using 7 First Owned La Liga players in your starting squad'.

You've missed 12 tokens already, but you could get 9 from the current lot and get Nesta, or get 11 and get Roberto Carlos.

I got none in season 1, is it worth the grind or should I not bother as I’m not massively fussed about who I could feasibly get 

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

Nesta (9) and Keane (15) together, instead of Rio. 

Keane is decent, but I'm in the process of selling all my club shit to scrap enough to get RTTG Kante as my good CDM.

And having used Rio, I know he's well decent.

Right, I've achieved the initial goal squad @Timmo kindly set out for me, with a couple of upgrades in Neuer and the event Mbabu card. Any tips on who to aim for my next upgrades, other than Reus in CAM?

I also have the SBC Vardy, but haven't experimented with him too much yet as Werner has been brilliant. I've also picked up Pique in a pack who by rights should be better than what I've got (being 88 rated) but from the one game I've played with him so far in a Spanish squad he felt pretty sluggish.

4-2-3-1 (2) is the formation I've favoured so far, but have played 4-1-3-2 when trying to get some of the icon tokens and that seems pretty nice to play too.

I picked up 5 Icon tokens at the end of Season 1 and am up for doing as many of the new challenges as needed, so can get up to 17 overall. Sounds like Keane could be a great option if I do switch to 4-1-3-2 but I guess that could cause chem issues. Anyone else I should be considering given my current setup? Ballack and Klose are obvious ones to mull over I suppose but I'm not sure how highly those cards are thought of.

Timmo's praise for Politano has me tempted to take all those challenges on too now...

Germans.thumb.png.77e13c50684bdc4f524a7882095061d8.png

18 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I got none in season 1, is it worth the grind or should I not bother as I’m not massively fussed about who I could feasibly get 

Try doing a couple of them. If you find them fun then go for it. If it's going to be miserable for you... Fuggedabowwdit.

1 minute ago, Pants McSkill said:

Try doing a couple of them. If you find them fun then go for it. If it's going to be miserable for you... Fuggedabowwdit.

Its the squad battles that is putting me off, I really hate playing against the AI instead of online opponents. Think I’ll see how I like using the non premier league teams in the rivals challenges and decide from there. 

5 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Its the squad battles that is putting me off, I really hate playing against the AI instead of online opponents. Think I’ll see how I like using the non premier league teams in the rivals challenges and decide from there. 

I use the Squad Battles objectives to refresh my online squad's fitness, and whilst it's not massively entertaining, it's at least serving a couple of purposes then. I've found playing the AI to be a lot more fun this year than in previous versions, though, so the only real drawback for me is using shitty players because of the Squad restrictions.

@Billy Brown I would get in any one of Brandt, Havertz or Coutinho (standard LW card) to replace Götze while you save up for Reus.

IF Delaney is a better option than Goretzka at CDM but not sure he's worth the coins. You could try out the recent 84 rated informs of Kostic or Hazard for LM as you might prefer one of them to Coman. They are both less than 20k.

Roussillon is a better option for LB and Lucas Hernandez is the best Bundesliga CB in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Excellent, thanks for this. I hadn't even been looking at IF cards yet as I had assumed they were way out of my budget, so that's really good to know. I'll price that lot up and see what I can get.

I played PES last year instead of '19 but came back last week to '20.  I'm finding it very hard to get wins, I was always pretty average at FIFA but now I'm much, much worse.  

Has defending completely changed then?  My usual tactic would be hold position while a 2nd player pressed but that doesn't seem to work AT ALL here.  Is the 2nd player press broken?

What's this drag back @Billy Brown?

8 minutes ago, Chooch said:

I played PES last year instead of '19 but came back last week to '20.  I'm finding it very hard to get wins, I was always pretty average at FIFA but now I'm much, much worse.  

Has defending completely changed then?  My usual tactic would be hold position while a 2nd player pressed but that doesn't seem to work AT ALL here.  Is the 2nd player press broken?

Not broken, they just nerfed it to the point it's useless, it's broken by design i guess.

51 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Hold R1 and tap backwards, you then stop and roll the ball backwards and turn, although with a flick in any direction you can nudge the ball that way and set off, avoiding the tackling player hopefully.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chooch said:

I used to use this all the time too, back in the day.  Never touch it now, at all.  Just control one player and try to block passes and intercept.  Or just fucking run into them.  I hardly even press tackle, unless I'm 90%+ certain, desperate or a bit drunk.   Jockey, jockey, jockey!

And preferably use a tactic with more than 1 CM/CDM. You need bodies. 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

It dawned on my that I can get Rio and Pep icons if I managed to get all the swaps.

Decision made.

Decision unmade. Kinda.

Peps stats are pretty average, good for linking in hybrid teams I guess but I don't need him and slogging it through the objectives is a pain, but maybe a Squad Battle week rather than a Rivals week is needed.

And Rio. Done.

Screenshot_20191114_065551.jpg

• Upvote 2