rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

@Pants McSkill - if you ever have the time and inclination to record a video of you taking on an SBC I would be really interested to see that.

Despite deciding after Timmo's advice to leave them on the backburner, the pack addiction is real. I've done a couple recently looking up example squads from FUTbin as a starting point but I'm not convinced I'm being as efficient as I could be.

I started one last night that requires 100 chemistry. I take it I need to play a few games with each player who isn't at 10 chem to gain loyalty in order to hit 100 team chemistry?

@Pants McSkillMcSkill I was aware of that from reading the FIFA Reddit but I haven't implemented it yet or explored its potential for better chemistry hybrid teams. I'll spend some time looking into it, thanks for the prompt.

I'm considering switching to 5-3-2 as I've heard it's more solid than 3-5-2 but I'm still having reasonable success (certainly no ridiculously heavy defeats like I was experiencing at first) in Rivals with the 3-5-2 with custom instruction from the video posted here (thanks again for that whoever it was!).

First step is just to get Pep in when the new icon swap challenges appear later on, then try 5-3-2 in squad battles to see if I can dig it.

New icon challenges are out, very much in the same spirit as the previous ones.

Tip: When doing the 7 player league minimums, do one using a full first owned 11. 2 rewards, one team.

If you are lucky enought to first own 11 Brazilians from one of those league, you could hit 3 with one team. 

If you have 7 Brazilians from one of those leagues you can do another 2 at once. By topping it up with Brazilians from anywhere else. 

Im starting with a first 11 owned Prem and If I'm lucky enought to pack one more Brazilian from LA Liga, I can double that one.

That takes me to Keane! 

Are you allowed to make substitutions in these first owner challenges? 

I missed out on doing any last season so will be getting stuck in this time. Have a first owner prem team lined up for starters. 

3 minutes ago, Steely said:

Yeah, you can be 3 superstars on. They don't have to be first owned or of the same requirements. 

Nice one, I can start with this lineup and sub on 3 of Rashford, IF Ndidi, Sissoko or Felipe Anderson if needed.

762A22D3-E7E8-4B0D-9B59-52C712BE18D8.jpeg

My options may be limited for the other leagues, I’d better start preparing for a slump down the divisions 

7 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

@Pants McSkill - if you ever have the time and inclination to record a video of you taking on an SBC I would be really interested to see that.

Despite deciding after Timmo's advice to leave them on the backburner, the pack addiction is real. I've done a couple recently looking up example squads from FUTbin as a starting point but I'm not convinced I'm being as efficient as I could be.

I started one last night that requires 100 chemistry. I take it I need to play a few games with each player who isn't at 10 chem to gain loyalty in order to hit 100 team chemistry?

Sure! I'll record a quick one when I get a moment.

The 100 chem SBC: There's a cheat you can do called the loyalty glitch.

Put them into a Squad

Go into Squad battles

Play against the TotW team

Kick off, play for a few passes.

Open the PS4 quick menu

Close application: Fifa

Rinse and repeat.

It'll cost you contracts, but you can get those form bronze packs, which pay for them selves if you list the bronze players you get in them.

5 hours ago, Swallow said:

@Pants McSkillMcSkill I was aware of that from reading the FIFA Reddit but I haven't implemented it yet or explored its potential for better chemistry hybrid teams. I'll spend some time looking into it, thanks for the prompt.

I'm considering switching to 5-3-2 as I've heard it's more solid than 3-5-2 but I'm still having reasonable success (certainly no ridiculously heavy defeats like I was experiencing at first) in Rivals with the 3-5-2 with custom instruction from the video posted here (thanks again for that whoever it was!).

First step is just to get Pep in when the new icon swap challenges appear later on, then try 5-3-2 in squad battles to see if I can dig it.

Its super easy to do. Have a play with it under the L2 menu on your squad screen.

If you want to put up the amount of coins you have to spend and which players you definitely want to play with, we can all have a go at building you a team. Everyone loves doing that in here.

I've made a start on objectives, with a Ligue 1 squad with Nesta, Salah, Bellerin and Vardy to make it up to 11 first owned players to get that objective at the same time. I've also set up a dogshit Championship to use as a fitness team and to do the Squad Battles objective with. One win with each so far - the Squad Battles was way too laborious, considering it was against a 54 rated team. Picking the worst league to have on Legendary difficulty was a dick move on EA's part, I might actually have to spend coins on it rather than use the cloggers just knocking around in my club.

19 hours ago, hannay said:

Scored a beauty in Rivals this weekend, 352 with hugging touchline :wub:

Was that a finesse goal? Never scored one of those fancy shots, nor has a player ever tried one from what I recall.

My favourite moves are:

Double tap through ball for a slight lift. Doing this to players in and around the box is great, I've scored so many volleys. 

Also the click the RS in and direct, flicking up the ball with his first touch. Again around the edge of the box, if you play a normal pass to the strikers feet, it's great for flicking it around defenders first time. 

56 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Yeah love that move, great on the edge of the box.

Also the fake shot flick left/right.

I know the fake shot, what's the flick left/right thing do?

33 minutes ago, Steely said:

Also the click the RS in and direct, flicking up the ball with his first touch. Again around the edge of the box, if you play a normal pass to the strikers feet, it's great for flicking it around defenders first time. 

What with the what now? 

7 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Was that a finesse goal? Never scored one of those fancy shots, nor has a player ever tried one from what I recall.

I have no idea what I did if I’m honest :lol:

We need a party night like old times. (Pants idea not mine)

Anyone fancy a session tonight or another, we party up and just play each other also try new things and tricks we've learnt today. I wouldnt mind someone telling me everything im doing wrong while defending. 

18 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

I'd be up for that at some point, although I'm aware it'll be humiliating for me. Can't do tonight though, unfortunately.

Me too I’ve only played a few games but good to learn from the forum lads and have a good chat.

1 hour ago, Baring said:

Anyone fancy a session tonight or another, we party up and just play each other also try new things and tricks we've learnt today. I wouldnt mind someone telling me everything im doing wrong while defending. 

I'm on PC.  :(

2 hours ago, hannay said:

I have no idea what I did if I’m honest :lol:

I think it's depends on where the ball is and your players body position, according to that link up there.  Was behind your striker, so he did the backheel thing.  

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

I know the fake shot, what's the flick left/right thing do?

The player then takes another step left/right. Its good for fooling and getting around defenders.

I'm up for some games after a few Swap matches are done.

39 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I'm around Thursday for sure.

Old Skool Thursday night party up?

If my Borderlands session isn’t on then hell yea! I’m usually on from 10 after footy. 

Somehow, my 11 year old son managed to get relegated to division 10 and ended up on ZERO points :o

Meant I got to have some fun completing objectives for him though as it was so much easier than my usual division  5/6 struggles with these. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1