rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

My personal rule for Packs/SBC is to keep any cards that don't sell for more than 1k.

You can check this by clicking on Compare Price on the player's wheel thingy. This will show you currently listed version of that card, and you'll see on the first couple of pages if they have a card with a Buy It Now price under 1k.

Two reasons for keeping these players:

-If you do a lot of SBCs, it's just more useful to have that 76 rated Portuguese League CM to hand than to need to go and buy him. It'll often save you coins too.

-Every once in a while, an SBC will come out that has very specific requirements. All the FIFA players out there will rush to do the SBC (pack addiction is a real thing), and these specific cards will shoot up in value... Eg one of the current SBCs sent Romanian Gold players from 450 coins up to 6k last nigh. I can't begin to tell you the hundreds of thousands of coins I've made by holding onto some never-heard-of-him clogger and then selling when a random SBC dropped.

That's really helpful advice, thanks. I'd been keeping the vast majority of packed players in the hope of getting around to SBCs, so your under 1k rule sounds like a good one to adopt while still giving myself a chance to make some coins shifting the other ones out.

The servers are utterly shocking today. I'm busy this weekend, if I can't play this morning (and I literally can't - simple pass button requests aren't even registering), I'm not going to finish my games.

They really need to either ditch the Weekend Aspect of WL or get some better net code.

Brilliant stuff, thanks so much for doing that. Going to try that method out now.

(I don't fully understand why the cards are guaranteed to sell at 600 when there are a bunch up at 550. Am I missing something obvious?)

Also, my son says your video was ace and you should make more YouTube videos. I never said he was discerning.

EDIT: Just watched again, and I think you're saying there are only a few available at 550 / 600 so they'll likely sell?

• Upvote 1

People are lazy they won't always buy the cheapest one on the market, they will just pick up the cheapest version they see on the first few pages. You may have to list them more than once but they will sell. Especially when SBCs are fresh. 

Great video Pants! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Billy Brown said:

EDIT: Just watched again, and I think you're saying there are only a few available at 550 / 600 so they'll likely sell?

Yep, just like Steely said, people are lazy. Apologies if this is something that's obvious, but I'll list out the logic behind it.

What people do when trying to complete an SBC is just look for the cheapest option on the first few pages. 

You'll notice that the first cards that pop up when we search have '20 minutes' underneath them. That means they have 20 minutes left before they expire. 

We've filtered out all the cards on sale for more than 550 coins.

So every card available to buy that has less than 20 minutes remaining is worth more than 550 coins.

Which means that any card on sale for 550 coins or less is currently getting bought with about 20 minutes remaining.

...Essentially, people scrolling through pages of cards looking for the right price are willing to scroll to that 20 minute mark.

Errr... I'm not sure I've made that clearer.

ANYWAY... So if we list for 550 coins, and wait for 40-50 minutes, our card will be first in line of the cheapest card available, and one of these people should pick it up.

You won't sell every card first time, but just hit the relist button on those that don't sell. They'll all go after a couple of listings.

Oh! I should mention, when you relist the silver cards, just check their price quickly. Silver cards have a lot more fluctuation (due to there being much less of them in circulation), so every now and again you'll pick up a silver that can sell for 900-1000 instead of 600.

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks again for all the advice, it's very much appreciated.

On a separate note: that get assists with defenders objective for Mbabu. Does that have to be people you're playing in defence? Or can I play a hulking great CB in CAM and spam through balls until I get my assists?

I can't do fancy videos, due to lack of charm and charisma so I'll just do typye type. 

One thing I do in prep for generic SBCs is mass bid on a specific leagues that can also tie together, I do Bundesliga 2 and 3. Just bidding on a bunch of cards for 150 max, silvers and bronze, keep your club well stocked and when SBCs come around providing they aren't gold or ratings driven, which we don't have a lot of these days, also they are all fairly lenient on the chemistry requirements aswell this year.

In your first video regarding golds, you should be selling prime positions like wingers and full backs for 800k, you are more likely to be winning CDMs, GK and St's with minimum bids but encase a few primo positions filter through, do list them for more. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the 442 tip. Playing 2 different squads cos I'm too tight to pay for squad fitness and 6-2 so far. Only felt outclassed once. This market crash hurt hard for my main team but meant my second team was mega cheap. 

At what point do we sell up and save all packs for toty generally? 

8 hours ago, ryanski said:

Thanks for the 442 tip. Playing 2 different squads cos I'm too tight to pay for squad fitness and 6-2 so far. Only felt outclassed once. 

Yeah, I still come across the odd player that's a lot better or a formation that it doesn't work against (or rather, someone that gets a lot of players forward, negating the 2 banks of 4) but it far outweighs any other formation I've tried.  

That Vardy POTM hasn't even had to come off the bench yet! 

Very welcome. If there's anything in there that's not clear, just shout. Because I'm hopelessly addicted to the trading part I can take it for granted that everyone just knows all the concepts I know.

The actual football side of this game though... I don't think I've ever played such a schizophrenic product. It can jump from unforgivably broken to pure amazingness in the blink of an eye.

Two consecutive games this morning... 

Game 1 I faced a proper drop back, hoof it to quick players, defend with AI type. He'd had zero shots at 70 mins. But I just could't break down the AI defence, because of passes not going where I said, or my players taking an extra touch for no reason, or all the other bollocks this game can have. 

Then, I lose 1-0 to a 92nd minute goal where you can clearly see my RTTF Allan just... stop. He takes a step away from the ball he should have comfortably intercepted.

Game 2... well game 2 I scored this beautiful team goal which had me proper fist pumping.

Thank fully I'm seeing more of the second example than the first, and as such I'm really enjoying this Fifa overall.

If only they fixed the stuff that drags it down.

@Pants McSkillMcSkill

Any closer to your icon decision? I think it's between Keane and Butra for me. Keane because I love Vidal and he looks like the same card but suped up, and Butra because he just looks so meta with that 5* weak foot and finesse trait. 0.99 goals a game, too, on FUTbin. I've decided against Rio because I just can't get excited about a centre back.

New tokens are out tomorrow evening.

Before you go Keane, try De Jong. I picked up his gold card this weekend as it's down to 31k, and he is basically a suped up Vidal.

Personally... I'm so torn.

I've ruled out Butra simply on purely personal reasons: I rarely get on with M/M workrate strikers so I'd hate to regret taking him for that reason.

Also, there's just other strikers I want more than him, I've just got baby Lineker and while there's better player in the game, I just like playing with GL. Personal reasons.

The sensible option is Zanetti, but am I really going to spaff my Icon swap on a full back?

I'm leaning towards Rio... Everyone says he's great & I like having a link-to-anyone in the centre. The main reason for not picking him seems to be 'Get his prime when it's released', but am I really going to spend the 2m he's bound to cost on a slightly upgraded Rio? And more to the point, am I a good enough player to really notice the difference between a couple of points on a stat here and there?

There's Messi and Gullit and Cruff and either Ronaldo and Carlos Alberto and all the other cards I could use those coins for.

There's also a voice pointing out that if I go CB, Nesta is getting good reviews and he'd 9 tokens... So I could pick him and Keane.

So.. there's some of the definitive answers you were looking for. Glad I could help.

Do icon tokens carry over? I started playing part way through the previous token challenges so only managed to pick up 5. If I get a bunch more when the new objectives hit do I have the option to hold those back for a future Icon Swaps event? Or will they be lost if I don't use them during the current phase?

@Pants McSkill, I've been using Nesta, and the only complaint I have is he's useless for carrying the ball out from the back. Other than that, he's great. No doubt that Ferdinand would be better, but I'll be able to pair Nesta with Keane, rather than pairing Ferdinand with Guardiola.

I'm on 10 from 15 in WL so far, going to play a bit now and try for 14 wins. I've been playing a 4321, with Griezmann playing as a false 9, with Hazard and Salah tucking in ahead of him. It's going well, Griezmann is disgusting with the amount of goals and assists he's getting.

• Upvote 1

I just bought a De Jong for 19.5k. There's a big price discrepancy on Xbox with him for some reason. Looks like I'll definitely be taking coins as rewards next week as almost every player feels accessible.

• Upvote 1

Any thoughts on this as a potential hybrid team? I realise there are other options such as Militao/Semedo for the defence but that will require more purchases.

Screenshot_2019-11-10-23-28-44-155_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.png

Swallow, do you play online? If so, I would avoid using that team purely as pace and small agile players with good dribbling are the current meta. I'd keep Lewa and bring in Morelas or Werner. 

I finished Elite 3 in FUT champs, god bless Mbappe you beautiful bastard. L1 dribbling has been my calling card all weekend, seems that most people just freeze when you keep the ball tight around the edge of the area, keep working it with short semi-circle dribbles, hit open passes when lanes open up or drive towards goal if you've got some pacey players, works a treat!

I was on 7-2 on fut champs before today. Then when I started this evening Griezman the prick managed to hit the post approximately 13 times in 8 games, shooting wide another 235 times, fifa ripped my soul out, wrapped it in tinfoil, put it in the microwave for 30mins, exploded the microwave, burnt the house down and told me to fuck off and die. I've had better days. 

Yay it's icon swaps tomorrow with crap teams :facepalm:

@bumclasshero I'm in Div 8 currently and have mostly been only playing Rivals for objectives. I do have a much pacier Prem team as well as a solid Italian league team that I do okay with. I'll keep tinkering with this one.

Nice WL result.

11 hours ago, Swallow said:

Any thoughts on this as a potential hybrid team? I realise there are other options such as Militao/Semedo for the defence but that will require more purchases.

Screenshot_2019-11-10-23-28-44-155_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.png

Do you play a 532 in game Swallow? And apologies if you do know this, but you are aware that you can set different formations to your d-pad tactics buttons?

I ask just in case you're unaware that you can build a hybrid in a formation you don't use, then switch very easily ingame. A lot of us will start with a 451 for just this reason.