rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

56 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Er lads, they've released the Vardy SBC early, it's an 83 rated squad only.

This has to be a fuck up. Get it done quick before they pull it.

Done, that was too easy haha!

And in other news...

IMG_20191108_115256.jpg

• Upvote 1

I dont have the players to get him now all the 82-84 players are going for loads of money.

Hopefully theyll just leave it on, he was only like 25k earlier on. Prices will plummet once everyone has got him.

Cheers pant's. cheaper thak Pukki LMAO, definatly a mistake due to timing and cost, who knows if it will be removed. Not gonna replace POTM AUB up top but can't think of a better super sub.

Did the Vardy SBC with players from my club and made a decent amount selling some duplicate and unused 84s too. He'll fit nicely into my fitness squad which is becoming sweatier by the day.

2 hours ago, Baring said:

I dont have the players to get him now all the 82-84 players are going for loads of money.

Hopefully theyll just leave it on, he was only like 25k earlier on. Prices will plummet once everyone has got him.

Prices on good gold cards are plummeting anyhow. Lacazette is 40k (was 75 at the beginning of the week), Dembele is 25k (was 50k three days ago) and Ben Yedder is 6k.

Six grand for Ben Yedder! You could even snipe him with hunter for 7k.

• Upvote 1

Played my first games in over 3 weeks earlier, it definitely feels more sluggish than before, especially shooting. 

Used the profit made on 83 and 84s earlier to recruit IF Ndidi, he’s an absolute beast in the middle of the park. I’ve got 300k remaining, any recommendations?

70B77614-ADF0-42BB-83DD-07C3292C23A3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Er lads, they've released the Vardy SBC early, it's an 83 rated squad only.

This has to be a fuck up. Get it done quick before they pull it.

They haven't pulled it.

Maybe it wasn't a mistake. 

That's... fucking crazy if so.

And if you went out and did it off my recommendation, and now regret it... I'm sorry!

I did it in panic after seeing your post, Pants. He doesn't really fit in my team. Thanks a bunch.

I've been getting into this over the past week or so after my son pleaded me to get properly back into FIFA so he has something approaching a challenge when we play against each other. I thought I was done with FIFA years ago (apart from the odd session on Pro Clubs) but I'm properly enjoying this. Big thanks to Timmo for some (one million) starter tips to get me going.

Looking forward to seeing what the new season brings.

• Upvote 1

There's a shitload of stuff coming at 6pm. God knows what's gonna happen, but I'd be shocked if there isn't some kind of rebound on some prices.

We're all poorer for sure, but probably not as poorer as we are right now this second.

Probably.

2 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

Used the profit made on 83 and 84s earlier to recruit IF Ndidi, he’s an absolute beast in the middle of the park. I’ve got 300k remaining, any recommendations?

Don't like Martial, that M/L ruins him, it's like he's as lazy as he is in real life.  Felipe Anderson is much better!

Apart from him...well, here's my team, it's all pretty obvs.  

I like Wijnaldum...with Ndidi, you already have one beast at CM, do you need 2?  Wijnaldum gives a bit more mobility.  Sissoko can come off the bench if Nididi is knackered, or you want to shore it up and...or Moura if you're chasing it. 

Aubameyang is mental.  

Edit:  Are you playing the same vile 4-4-2 that @Steely and I are?  :lol:

Untitled.thumb.png.771f8f1c56be2cd597924a8b9220b9b5.png

5 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

@Mitchell I’ve not got the tactics completely set but, yes, I’ll be aiming for a setup of pure filth. 

Well, I'm running this that @Timmofound by some guy on YouTube that went 30-0 with a pile of jobby.  It's disgusting and still works after the last patch.  

Well, my 25 tradeable packs gave out nothing.

I mean, utter drivel, even more than I'm used to. I got one set of boards, some 83 Bundes striker who goes for 2k.

But the untradeable packs... well the untradeable packs paid out.

503279853_neymarlol.thumb.jpg.e5f36e7ab84330aa9275d32c893e2359.jpg

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Pants McSkill said:

Well, my 25 tradeable packs gave out nothing.

I mean, utter drivel, even more than I'm used to. I got one set of boards, some 83 Bundes striker who goes for 2k.

But the untradeable packs... well the untradeable packs paid out.

Hide contents

503279853_neymarlol.thumb.jpg.e5f36e7ab84330aa9275d32c893e2359.jpg

You deserve it pants, and I'm glad he's untradeable because you will be forced to use him and he's amazingly fun to use.

• Upvote 1

I packed a UEL Live Juan Jesus in the reward pack for the Bucharest SBC. Sold it as I got an untradeadable Bonucci earlier and still have my untradeadable Marquinhos if I need a Brazilian defensive link. Just so happens the price covered my earlier purchase of Insigne too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Alright lads, I'm going in.

Prepped for 31 animations of sheer disappointment.

IMG_20191108_191317.thumb.jpg.d2fcee34bd0ed5c7bc02e7df3a12478d.jpg

Excuse the stupid questions, but as I say I'm completely new to FUT. Everything I've read says to take coins as rewards wherever possible. Do you subscribe to that notion? If so, where did all your packs come from? And is there any advantage to saving them up? Or just more satisfying to open a bunch in a row?

3 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

Excuse the stupid questions, but as I say I'm completely new to FUT. Everything I've read says to take coins as rewards wherever possible. Do you subscribe to that notion? If so, where did all your packs come from? And is there any advantage to saving them up? Or just more satisfying to open a bunch in a row?

Mate, no excuse needed. Ask as much and as often as you need!

Taking the coins from rewards is absolutely the best option, and I always do (bar one week where I took 4x Untradable Mega packs to see if filling out my club for SBCs was a good idea. It wasn't).

The above 31 packs came from a combination of places. I do almost every SBC that hands out a pack as a reward, and EA do throw a lot out. 

Live SBCs right now for example, you have:

The First Step (Reward: A small gold players pack)

FUT Champions Cup (Prime Electrum Players Pack)

Marquee Moments (Two players pack)

Marquee Matchups (4 SBCs that give out 5 different packs)

On top of that, there are 'Objectives' - Do a thing, earn some XP, get enough XP and you'll get a pack.

EG, Under the 'Season Progress' tab in the Objectives centre, reaching Level 3 will net you a Jumbo Gold Pack.

And on top of that, there's currently a 'Milestones' objective that has 20 tasks. Complete all these and get an Upgraded Serie A player.... But each task pays out a 2-player pack. 

I save up my packs because... well mainly because I find it more fun to sit down and do a bunch in one go rather than just opening them as they come. 

It's good to open them during events aswell, try and get more sort after cards to sell for top dollar. 

Though I'm the opposite, I can never save them. And I always go for untradables, ti's an addiction. <_<

Perfect, thanks both! That makes a lot of sense.

I'm on top of the Objectives, Milestones, etc. but haven't been doing many SBCs just yet (except that Vardy one yesterday) as all available coins have been going into getting a decent squad together. I'm pretty much there now though, thankfully, barring some high price upgrades. Mbabu is my right back so I'm focused on doing the new objective for his Europa League card at the moment. Assists using defenders in Rivals is going to be a headache, though.

Now that I'm happy with my team for the time being, I like the idea of saving up packs so will endeavour to do the same. I'm like Steely though; I've just picked up the first one from the new Season Progress and am itching to open it. I'll try and stay strong.