14 wins from 23 games in Weekend League. I could push on for 17, but I can't be bothered. The extra rewards aren't that enticing, so I've sold up of pretty much everything that isn't first owner while prices are still slightly inflated for the weekend, ready to start trading again. I'll rebuy most of my team, but I'm looking at Son and De Bruyne as my next upgrades, replacing Pukki and IF Gundogan.

Yea I usually get sweet FA in packs, before this year my best pull was under 200k, not spent a dime on packs in years probably under a tenner in FUT's lifetime.

Also Pant's I've done all the SBC's except most of the high rated players and not touched the new league SBC's yet. 60% of my coins is from trading and 40% from my two lucky pulls.

On the subject of pack weight I'm not too fussed, I get all my packs far cheaper than they are worth by virtue of SBC's and  if I get a good pull great. I would say that the amount of money EA make on Fifa now compared to pre FUT makes me wonder if there would be any point in them tipping the scales even more.

I sold my 88 rated PL team to buy Mbappe and Griezmann....

And it was totally worth it!

Mbappe is ridiculous on this game, he literally just walks through challenges, absolutely meta. Griezmann and his finesse shots are a thing of beauty. The rest of my team is Alisson 

Meunier - Thiago Silva - Marquinhos - Marcelo 

Thiago Mendes - Fernandinho - Casemiro

Lacazette

Mbappe                    Griezmann

Div 4 Rivals, currently 8-3 in WL, I'll play to 14 and call it a day for this weekend, but yeah Mbappe is insane, go sell your souls and buy him!

I had Aubameyang and Aguero with KDB in the PL team and I was doing alright but Aubameyang felt incredibly clumsy which seemed to negate his pace somewhat? KDB was fantastic though, banged in 17 in 30 from CAM and about 20 odd assists too, shite stamina mind.

Pulisic got a hattrick today, so his OTW went to 85k.

Ben Yedder's last week flew after the game, then dipped a few hours later. From there it steadily rose until Wednesday.

Basically, I'm grabbing a couple of Pulisic OTW cards this evening. Going to try and get under 60k.

I just watched RuntheFUTmarket's video on Icon trading and thought I'd give it a go. He basically showed you how to go about getting cards on open bid, and flip them pretty quick for between 15 and 30k.

So I went and grabbed my laptop so that I could look at trends on FUTbin, and settled down to spend half an hour or so doing it. 2 minutes later, I've spent 445k on a 90 van Nistelrooy, which should sell for about 500k at some point tomorrow, but has taken all my coins leaving me with nothing else to do. Bums. Guess I'll chase Ozil for a bit.

39 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

If this game actually did what I told it to, I'd win a hell of a lot more matches.

I can sympathise with that. This weekend particularly has seen my players constantly passing in different directions to where I'm pressing (I play with that arrow indicator on so I know exactly which way the ball should be going) and it likes to play a lot of my through balls to the wrong player. Even when it does pick the right player, it often plays it away from the direction they're already running, meaning they have to navigate their way around a big fat centre back to get the ball when a simpler pass was on.

My fave is trying to select a defender for a simple standing tackle and it scrolls through the other 10 players before reaching him,which at this point potm aubameyang has already moonwalked past my defender through the big gap and passed it into the net.

:lol: ive conceded so many goals this way lol

Quick recap...

I was a little concerned I'd get utterly thrashed, not least because I ditched all my tactics and started from scratch on Thursday. Perhaps not the best timing. 

I've shifted to a 442 with pressure on heavy touch, a higher line and both strikers on False 9 to play more possession.

Hey, I'm mostly losing anyway so I might as well lose playing a style of football I enjoy.

Started off poorly, but it became very apparent my strikers weren't good enough. So I binned off Ohisman (useless) and IF Benedetto (so good for me in Rivals) and brought in Mertens and Rodrigo.

Mertens is cheat codes.

I followed a win one lose one ratio, but at least three losses were absolutely not my fault. I know everyone says that but TRUST me here, games full of passes not going where I told them to and players taking an aaaage to shoot or pass.

There were three other games I was by far superior player.

Inspired by Timmo's homework, (and given I still don't like Rodrigo), I brought in Baby Owen for the last three games.

He was pretty invisible to be honest. Can't pass, isn't that quick, missed a couple of 1-on1s. I wouldn't bother with him, Mertens is a similar player and much better.

Also  11 wins means I've done the final token: 

IMG_20191027_200810.thumb.jpg.68ac115e01ef1b63a0d915d90a01fc9f.jpg

2.50	-	1899 Hoffenheim	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
2.27	-	Eintracht Frankfurt	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
2.27	-	Werder Bremen	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
2.14	-	RB Leipzig	-	Rare Electrum Players Pack
2.08	-	Schalke 04	-	Premium Gold Players Pack
2.00	-	Hertha BSC	-	Prime Electrum Players Pack
1.92	-	Bayer Leverkusen	-	Premium Gold Players Pack
1.79	-	1. FC Köln	-	Rare Gold Pack
1.79	-	Borussia Mönchengladbach	-	Premium Gold Players Pack
1.58	-	Borussia Dortmund	-	Rare Electrum Players Pack
1.46	-	Bayern Munich	-	Mega Pack
1.39	-	Mainz 05	-	Small Rare Gold Players Pack
1.15	-	VfL Wolfsburg	-	Jumbo Premium Gold Pack
1.09	-	FC Augsburg	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
0.91	-	SC Freiburg	-	Electrum Players Pack
0.15	-	Union Berlin	-	Small Gold Players Pack
0.14	-	SC Paderborn	-	Small Prime Electrum Players Pack
0.12	-	Fortuna Düsseldorf	-	Small Gold Players Pack

Bundesliga pack value vs cost encase anyone was thinking about doing any. Decent value for most of them. (Cost based on futbin current.)

17 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

You best crack on mate.

The worst are the squad battles ones, they seemed to drag.

I'm not going to bother, i've played 4 games of Fifa in the last week, increasing that by 5 times to complete objectives for some pretty average icons is not my idea of fun.

1 hour ago, Steely said:

2.50	-	1899 Hoffenheim	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
2.27	-	Eintracht Frankfurt	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
2.27	-	Werder Bremen	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
2.14	-	RB Leipzig	-	Rare Electrum Players Pack
2.08	-	Schalke 04	-	Premium Gold Players Pack
2.00	-	Hertha BSC	-	Prime Electrum Players Pack
1.92	-	Bayer Leverkusen	-	Premium Gold Players Pack
1.79	-	1. FC Köln	-	Rare Gold Pack
1.79	-	Borussia Mönchengladbach	-	Premium Gold Players Pack
1.58	-	Borussia Dortmund	-	Rare Electrum Players Pack
1.46	-	Bayern Munich	-	Mega Pack
1.39	-	Mainz 05	-	Small Rare Gold Players Pack
1.15	-	VfL Wolfsburg	-	Jumbo Premium Gold Pack
1.09	-	FC Augsburg	-	Rare Mixed Players Pack
0.91	-	SC Freiburg	-	Electrum Players Pack
0.15	-	Union Berlin	-	Small Gold Players Pack
0.14	-	SC Paderborn	-	Small Prime Electrum Players Pack
0.12	-	Fortuna Düsseldorf	-	Small Gold Players Pack

Bundesliga pack value vs cost encase anyone was thinking about doing any. Decent value for most of them. (Cost based on futbin current.)

That'll get far better in a couple of weeks too when he initial hype dies down a bit. Should be far easier and cheaper to just keep any Bundesliga player you pack for then polish it off towards the end of November. 

Purchased VVD and 85 Rio Ferdy to see if my defense can be improved. Its deffo the weakest link in my squad so far.

If these guys fail to help then I'm putting it down to the game. And then maybe my lack of skill. But thats a big maybe...

Should be level 30 tonight so nabbing Zaha to add to the squad, he will be solid upfront for the counters.

2 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Purchased VVD and 85 Rio Ferdy to see if my defense can be improved. Its deffo the weakest link in my squad so far.

If these guys fail to help then I'm putting it down to the game. And then maybe my lack of skill. But thats a big maybe...

Should be level 30 tonight so nabbing Zaha to add to the squad, he will be solid upfront for the counters.

Varane and Militao will be better for you with Shadow's on, they dont get outpaced by anyone.

Well 8 rivals matches tonight, 2 draws, 6 wins with this lot:

19B15E41-5E16-4C20-A7E9-3C49B5737062.jpeg

And that was with me pissing about trying to lure out the keeper to get a chip to get Ozil, which I did in spectacular fashion...

A7BD2A58-15AD-48CA-BD74-7A736CC944A2.jpeg

Wilfred Zaha’s 85 card is fantastic. His level of ball control and dribbling is top notch and the fans sing when you score! Highly recommended.