The weekly rivals objectives really makes me want to be in a lower division. Trying to force goals by my TOTW players that are good AND win the games brings mucho frustration. Only two to go but it’s still annoying getting the goal with one of them and drawing

Tbh I just gave up with the objectives.  I played one game with the Dutch league players and trying to force assists to league one players and it was everything I hate about FIFA, players not moving, no runs, missed everything.  Gave up as I'm not going to play and already frustrating in a manner that I hate.  A tots player only save me about 40k anyway.

20 hours ago, hannay said:

I bought a Spanish TOTW player for about 30k and got his goals as I did the Spain one. Worked a treat and I'm shit in Div 5.

I’m Div 5, wouldn’t say I’m shit. Average maybe...

I did the Rodri TOTS objective for my son (he’s in div 6) but can’t be arsed grinding for that in division 2. 

Managed to finish the swap objectives earlier then made my coins back in the totw players I picked up to do it. Will get some packs later from squad battles so will see if my pack luck is in.  

I did last months Fut swaps and got Vieira who has been fantastic, but the objectives this month have put me off doing it this time, so I took the Cancelo TOTW. I already him so I sold him on for 80k straightaway. I'm in Div 3 and I'm stuck there sadly, no danger of going down but never enough wins on the spin to get in 2. My Serie A team is spearheaded by Fut Bday 90 Douglas Costa in CAM and CR7 and Carniball Immobile 91. It's a fun team, but I'm sick of el tornado crosses and VVD being in every single team I play. 

4 hours ago, Steely said:

That Sissoko is gon get got! Bit of a snip at 95k in sbcs. Perfect link for my Erikson who has been excellent. :hat:

Packed him, didn’t see anything from special from him so sold after a few games, his shooting is pants, although if you wanted a box to box player perhaps he’d be good.

1 hour ago, hannay said:

So the Allan card. Seems solid enough (awful shot on him though) I'm in 2 minds to sell him for the 345k hes going for. Juat unsure right now.

The cost of the 95 Ibra card!! 

Allan has always been poor in the shooting department but every version I’ve ever used has been a phenom at CDM. 

8 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I got rid of all my coins, and didn’t bother with this fut champs, I’ll be away until June so that’s me done with fut19!

it won’t be missed!

Ok Nakamura.

My god, I am sensational at this game now.

14 wins from 16 games this weekend league, which is my new PB! :D Shame I cant play more games on a weekend because clearly I would get 26 from 30. Obviously.

I've peaked, I'll never better that ratio over 16 games.

Scored a brilliant game in Squad Battles over the weekend, my daughter was playing and had to pop to the toilet so I carried on playing (Amateur difficulty hence the scoreline & the ease of scoring but still what a goal).

I lose games because I just cant defend. I lunge into tackles, slide and miss and generally just hopeless. Other end of the pitch the opponent is just on top of me quickly, barging me off the ball without really tackling.

What's the trick to defending guys?  Help me out! 

I tend to focus on keeping my midfield behind the ball and cutting out passing lanes as best I can to try to force my opponent to dribble and that's when I attempt to tackle. I don't go chasing every opposition player that has the ball until they are on the edge of my box. Hope that helps a bit. 

2 hours ago, hannay said:

I lose games because I just cant defend. I lunge into tackles, slide and miss and generally just hopeless. Other end of the pitch the opponent is just on top of me quickly, barging me off the ball without really tackling.

Jockey lots, don’t sprint into tackles and very importantly, try to defend with your midfielders so that your back 4 doesn’t get pulled out of position. 

21 hours ago, hannay said:

Also try not to hold L1 (or is it R1?) down too much near the box as this will pull the CB’s down the wing and leave big gaps. It’s my most common error.

Also - TOTW replaced with TOTS starting next week! Gold 2 players get guaranteed Major League player.