rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

Had a big post and then deleted it because what’s the point. The defending is non existent, that’s the cause of almost every problem in the game and it’s never going to change because EA either don’t know how to sort it or can’t be arsed. 

Even when I was a kid I stopped playing Fifa when we worked out you could score from the same spot everytime.

The timed finesse is a broken mechanic, it’s not possible to defend it, unfortunately most of the Fifa community will rinse a broken mechanic like that regardless of fun because it’s all about rewards.

And so as I decided this game isn’t fixable, and I had 3 million odd coins, I just blew through them on packs,

got De Gea And RTTF Pulisic in the first million.

Got TOTW foster, some other discard totws and Godin in the second million.

As I got down to the last 200k

i packed Mbappe and Salah.

Ill sell everything up and go again next promo.

Wow, don’t even want to know how long that took to sort through all the shite you got in amongst the rare gems.

We all know the game has its issues but sadly it is all we really have so I am still playing ot every day and enjoying the little tweaks I make to my team as I slowly improve my set-up. It is quite scary how far I have now come from my initial FIFA19 setup where I favoured 2 CDMs and full on wingers.

6A5B7DF2-3D3D-4ACB-8D1B-7EA32F78A5B4.thumb.png.a445300f957e7cfa8e0db6a37450d37b.png

Using this last night in Rivals I went 5 wins, 2 draws and am now at my highest rivals rating on the verge of hitting division 4. King Kondogbia set to stay back is the best midfielder I have ever played with. So glad I kept him even when his value was up near 700k as he is only going to improve with the next Europa League games. I could probably do better for my coins with Larsson but it’s Larsson and while he isn’t the quickest he simply scores every chance he gets.

Frustrations aside it’s an amazing team to use and makes all the nonsense bareable.

Also, even though I got 14 wins in WL my player picks seemed to be locked at 83 rated. Have they changed the rewards on picks? Apart from that I got a load of shite in packs but can’t really complain :)

I played last night for the first time in a week. Enjoyed 4 matches and that will do for now. The tackling is back like it was before, shite. 

Fix:

Tackling: make a ball worth going for. 

Rebounds: stop finding the one attacker in a sea of defenders.

Finesse: overpowered finesse. 

Oh and as expected no Ienaga card. His rating is bullshit too. Voted best player and deservedly so but is 69. Podolski who has done fuck all is 78. 

this game is actually disgusting, I’ve just been spamming timed finesse shots but managed to pull that cheeky rainbow flick over the keeper out the bag at the end of a game just now, how are people enjoying this?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

this game is actually disgusting, I’ve just been spamming timed finesse shots but managed to pull that cheeky rainbow flick over the keeper out the bag at the end of a game just now, how are people enjoying this?

Seems less about the games issues and more about you having an excuse to show that clip. Just stop playing FFS.

• Upvote 3

Im actually in a bit of a sweet spot with it at the moment. Secured 14 wins with 2 games to spare this morning after a 118th minute extra time winner from Europa League Live Gerard Moreno. I packed him untradeable in one of the La Liga upgrades. Terrible link up play, not very strong and mediocre pace but could score against 2 keepers while blindfolded using his weak foot given half a chance, so is proving an excellent option off the bench!

50% win ratio has been my pattern for years, even in the old FTL leagues so can’t really complain. I won some comfortably, I won some that I had no right to win and I lost a few where it was clear nothing was going to go for me. Taking a break after a run of 3 losses on Friday night certainly helped as I picked up most of my wins after that.

Lots of frustration, plenty of ‘fuck OFF’ moments but equally some absolutely cracking out of my seat, YAAAASSS, get it up ye ones in there too. Guess that’s just FIFA isn’t it?!

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Steely said:

I started rebuilding again. (about 4 weeks ago) 

With a self imposed ban on the FUT app and trying to play the trading game. 

Really enjoying it. :lol:

Nice one Steely, what kinda setup you using?

I feel I need to improve the LM position of my diamond as Coutinho is very tidy but just not making enough of an impact. Perhaps switch out LB and bring Sandro and IF Costa?

played my first WL in over a month and got to 14 wins with 3 to spare, still don't enjoy it as much but it's this or no Fifa as Mardigan pointed out. 

Revamped the team which is alwasy fun, one crazy thing is me giving Harry Kane a go. He scored 1 goal and 2 assists in 13 games, swapped him for the lower rated Firmino who has 9 goals in 8 games...

Current team is doing me well but had to sadly part with IF Talisca, just couldn't get his chem up :(, Pogba and Kante are beasts though.

Screen Shot 12-30-18 at 07.01 PM.PNG

Well I actually enjoyed 19 this weekend, my first fut champs since October and it’s much better to play than rivals.

I got gold 1 eventually, but after midnight I had so many people just quit at 0-0 that the games were taking far too long to go through, I don’t know what’s up with some weirdos.

FC3AD19F-F3C3-464C-B37F-148A44840592.jpeg

3 hours ago, mackenie said:

Can someone run a sweepstake on how long it will be before Gooner denounces the evil that is Fifa 19?

I never said it’s good, I just went with the meta and play Fifa 19 rather than football.

i wouldn’t and couldnt do that every weekend.

20 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Nice one Steely, what kinda setup you using?

I came back had about 25k to start was doing pretty pish so copied some tactics (link below) and am now doing so much better. I was pretty much 50% win ration before but after setting up my tactics I'm winning about 80% of my games I recon, haven't been tonked for a long time. 

This is my team. (after kick off Torrarerierer drops into CDM alongside Matuidi.)

Screenshot_20181231_142200.thumb.jpg.042c0d2b46f79ba6b48f5c2129afc58c.jpg

:wub: Stuani and Traore

42 minutes ago, ryanski said:

What you reckon - do I do the Roy Keane sbc or save for a baby ballack? Sounds a bit rude but really need a CDM upgrade. 

After getting baby Larsson and then acquiring King Kondogbia I looked at Prime Larsson as a potential upgrade, but there is so little between his baby and Prime that the price just seemed ridiculous. Surely the cost of baby Ballack is pretty much the same as the Keane SBC? Plus sinking all that coin into an untradeable seem like madness!

I looked at Keane. Can't decide what it'll cost via SBC. I have completed first 4 but second are the 8x rated squads.

Happy New year fut buddies 

• Upvote 1

I did Keane to try him out before he went towards rivaldo as it was 630k on him or 610k on straight buying an icon.  The sbc came with packs although I got nowt.  Keane isnt brilliant tbh.  He played like fabinho to me.  Not particularly quick and hopeless if he goes forwards.  

Rivaldo I do like.  He's big up front and finishes everything which you'd expect.  Players like rivaldo are harder to come by for decent money but I felt Keane had plenty of cheaper alternatives. Rivaldo feels like aubameyang if he could finish but his weak foot can be a nuisance occasionally.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

Is that Rivaldo prime SBC? 

Yes, all the SBCs are for the Prime version of the players. Ballack and Raul are more difficult / expensive to complete but Rivaldo looks achievable for about 850k with the others being easier / cheaper.

I was planning on doing the Rivaldo SBC but it would clear me out so haven’t bothered. Now that Felipe Anderson got another in form so my OTW has gone up again and means I’m loathe to spunk all my coins on the untradable Icon replacement for LW/LM.