15 minutes ago, Jerec said:

So what this Team of the Group Stage malarky?

You guys seen this?

Another excuse for EA to bring out even more slightly higher rated cards for us all (me) to spend money on packs!!

Exactly this. If they're going to be OTW style, they're going to be proper expensive. Especially the rumoured Neymar at CAM card.

Didn't enter the weekend league again, had a couple of games yesterday, won them both, but the second game the guy managed to score 2 finesse shots with griezmann's back to goal where his leg went through his body and other leg to take the shot, i'm just not playing this shit.

16 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Didn't enter the weekend league again, had a couple of games yesterday, won them both, but the second game the guy managed to score 2 finesse shots with griezmann's back to goal where his leg went through his body and other leg to take the shot, i'm just not playing this shit.

Come on man... it’s not that bad!

0E4595D6-3AA2-4A87-8932-BDDC443AF261.thumb.jpeg.58491ce0a73856f4f3c39430748e7898.jpeg

Saved my usual 30 packs.

Opened them during the first hour of the TotGS being in packs - crazy theory that the pack weight would be higher in the first hour.

Packed my usual nothing.

Well, I got one set of boards - the 84 rated Lyon Gk.

But absolutely nothing else, in 30 packs, again.

Played a rivals game.

Striker refuses to shoot despite being open in front of goal, then from the resulting counter, my CB refuses to lock on to the header, then my GK comes out but refuses to claim the ball.

I can't think of another game that just doesn't do what you tell it to do.

I think I'm done.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

I would love to get back into football manager but I just find it a bit overwhelming now.

...come join usssss...

I know what you mean, but they've simplified the interface this time round and made the tactics screen a lot more conducive to building styles of play.

I'd be more than happy to show you round it.

Managed to get 10 wins last night in WL with 9 still to play so one more win at least and I will be happy. Will of course go for the 14 for Gold 3 but chuffed to have broken the back of it after last night.

Couple games I had to quit because the little man woke up going of his nut, there was a run of about 4 games where I could feel I needed a break but just kept going and paid the price, then there were a few against simply better players / teams. Guys with teams filled with POTM Hazard, Auba, flashbacks and CL OTWs make me sad. They have no character or personal taste to them and really shit to play against. POTM Lucas becomes Didier Drogba on crosses. Flashback Alves overpowers opponents like his dad was Jaap Stam. And chemistry becomes redundant because they can stand to have a few stats nerfed.

As frustrating as the game can be at times with the regularly broken physics and clear shifts in momentum / breaks of the ball it’s the poisonous market that is the problem. Fuck getting a balanced environment for competitive games let’s just allow everyone to spend every penny they have and never be taken to task on it. Wankers!

But hey, one more win and I qualify for the soul destroying, brain melting, sleep depriving shit show once again <_<

7 wins, 5 losses for me in the weekend league so far. 

Werner TIF is incredible. Making me think about changing my team around so he fits in instead of Immobile. Have only played Werner for the last 20/25 mins in 9 WL matches and he has scored 6. Pretty epic goals per minute ratio!

17 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Saved my usual 30 packs.

Opened them during the first hour of the TotGS being in packs - crazy theory that the pack weight would be higher in the first hour.

Packed my usual nothing.

Well, I got one set of boards - the 84 rated Lyon Gk.

But absolutely nothing else, in 30 packs, again.

Played a rivals game.

Striker refuses to shoot despite being open in front of goal, then from the resulting counter, my CB refuses to lock on to the header, then my GK comes out but refuses to claim the ball.

I can't think of another game that just doesn't do what you tell it to do.

I think I'm done.

I know it's annoying at times but to be fair ....

1. The ball had run away from your player, so him actually getting his foot on it would have been daft.

2. There was no header to win.

3. The keeper certainly fucked that up!

I'm still finding this infinitely more playable than FIFA 18, which was simply set up for the really really good players to exploit the cheap goals.  That game made me want to throw the controller, this one doesn't.

You honestly don't think this game has cheap goals? Edge of the box finesse is way too effective in my opinion, at least in the last game you had to use your imagination to make opportunities to use those low driven shots.

Had to cram in as many weekend league games as possible yesterday and ended up playing really badly. Got to 11 wins so just leaving it there, not bothered with playing any more of it. 

Think the time has come for a wholesale change to my team. I’ve got just over 1m coins and 1m worth of players in my main team. Have some good untradables in Flashback Sturridge and Alves plus potm Lucas and CL Gabriel Jesus. Any thoughts on what I should do?5F3D38E7-7D80-43D9-A4B4-DFBFC81EA746.thumb.jpeg.2fcdd6748b0af7aca8035a7125eeed78.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

Can sack off Allan and the left sided defence/keeper for Serie A players?  Like Matuidi/Chiellini or Koulibaly/Sandro?  

Sounds like a good plan, I’m wanting to keep Alves and Silva for the green link so will get planning. No point sitting on so many coins and not doing anything with them. 

521EBE9A-6E47-42BD-AD14-9A143538D540.jpeg

I think people are being a little over dramatic. The game is noway awful though it certainly has issues. Edge of the box finesse shots are overpowered and you do get the odd glitch. To be honest, I'm more disappointed with how FUT itself has gone.