rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

My 10 cents.

It may or may not be common knowledge but you can now stack managers for extra contracts:

1 - Buy a manager, apply it to your team

2 - Buy another manager, stick him in your club

3 - Repeat step 2 until you own every single different manager possible

4 - Apply a contract card to a player, notice that every manager contract % is stacked and you go from +3 contracts to +15 contracts

I don't normally play the markets purely because I don't have the patience but here is my general lazy flow:

- Find a kind of player you want (Gold, Brazil, Brazil League) then search

- Look at the shiny players (generally have better stats)

- Select a shiny player that looks good that would improve your team (CM Jadson)

- Search for this player and set the Buy It Now max to within your fund range

- If nothing comes up, that player is out of your price range and you need to earn more money

- If some hits come up, quit back out and lower your max

- Keep doing so until you only have a handful of hits left

- Now switch the view to Contracts (Move the right stick left or right)

- Look for the highest # of Contracts possible

- If they are all within the same range, it's worth increasing the max price to see how much higher they can get

- Normally you can get players with 30+ contracts for about 100 coins more than the rock bottom price

- Buy It Now and apply player to squad

Do Note: My method of searching directly funds those who are looking to make quick profits.

Within 8 matches of single player and minimal trading, I've got the following Team (+ Contracts, Kits, Ball, Stadium):

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=icqDZpeNnKARC:ps3

• Upvote 2

Cheers for all the tips guys, most useful :hat:

Think I'll pick this up tomorrow then with a view to getting started on the UT stuff this weekend. Need some practice playing the game first. I was doing ok in the demo but felt like I was trying to sprint with the ball a lot when I should have been doing some more controlled dribbles. Love all the animations and jostling with other players though, game looks pretty great on the PS4.

Put gold and silver players in the reserves and ignore them. Sell them if you wish.

Thanks again for all the tips so far. I've been doing some other reading as well so feel like I have an overview at least of what seems to be a pretty deep and varied mode. I didn't realise it was this involving.

One question re: the quote above though - why would/should I do this? Is keeping these better players that my first pack might give me not a good way of ensuring I have some quality in the team from the very start? Could I not try and acquire players that would work well with them in terms of chemistry fit (albeit of a lower, bronze level)?

Your only real option at the start is to enter and re-enter the bronze tournament. Therefore, unless you want to keep them for a future team, silver and gold players are mostly useless at the start. I say mostly because occasionally there will be a tournament that is something like "max 3 stars" which would allow you a couple of gold or silver players. These tournaments are time-limited. Note that I never ever play FIFA in 1 player, there may well be some one player modes or tournaments that will suit you and allow a mix of gold/silver/bronze players, I wouldn't know.

Bear in mind that my guide is to get the fastest gold team possible. Feel free to take a slower route if you want to dabble in silver teams or tournaments that have different requirements. The only way you're going to make any progress in Seasons mode (the bulk of UT) however, is with an all gold team with good chemistry.

Ah I see, so the tournaments themselves limit the kind of players (or player cards) that you can use.

Makes sense then - make sure you are playing at a suitable level and then upgrade as you go.

A really bad '100 chem' gold team will set you back 7000-8000 coins at the absolute minimum.

A decent gold team is going to be 15k.

A good bronze team can be built for 1650 coins, cheaper if you use a couple of players you get in a pack. This bronze team can be used to win matches and, if you win the bronze tournament, a very nice coin bonus. It's the quickest way of getting the cash up.

I was playing last night and did a German league search for the cheapest gold players. They start at 350 and I saw, I think, all but a couple of positions. You can create a gold team of 75-77 rated players for 3,850 + a bit more for those couple of positions so about 4,500. It should be enough for me to get out of division 10 and get the money rolling in and really good players in. I wanna drop this bronze team as quick as I can.

A bonus is that many of those gold players will quick sell for at least 350 coins (this gives you the coins instantly and destroys the card), so you don't even need to bother with the auctions for all of them when you eventually move them on.

If you're clever with the auction bidding, you can get 77-ish rated players for 350. However, you'll struggle to get 100 chem that way and will need to put 450-500 on a couple of players.

Also, you'll need to have a bit in the bank to put multiple bids on multiple players, unless you want to sit forever waiting for an auction to end only to see that player get yoinked at the last moment.

Also, you need gold subs for most gold based tournaments (although not seasons mode, but you will need players there).

Disclaimer: All this is based on Fifa13 on Xbox. The market might be a bit different now.

Yeah, after fumbling around for hours and hours with bronze and silver teams on 360, I've basically skipped most of that this time and I'm over the crappy teams bump and into Seasons mode.

Do the single player team of the week challenge, it's boring but even on a low difficulty setting you're getting 800ish coins.

So after completing the manager tasks and selling all the cards from the gold pack it gave me I made enough to ditch my bronze squad and buy an entry level Bundesliga one. I then made Diouf my next purchase (79 rated, 88 pace and only 400 coins), then brought in two 88 speed side mids for 400 each and Draxler (who's brilliant) for about 800. So I'm pretty much set, basically, and it's gradual improvements from here.

I'm really liking the new FIFA, only been a couple of goals from corners so far and generally I feel either at fault for the goals I concede, or outplayed. Of course those games come when their keeper has a worldie and you feel like throttling a child but that's football.

Ive been enjoying this too.

It is a lot more arcadey with the kinds of passing, touches and dribbling but thats whats good about itn it actually feels like a fun game!?

Its a far less frustrating specitical and very rarely in my matches do I get caught in a midfield slog like I do in almost every 1v1 game on standard Fifa.

I havent conceded anywhere near as many headers aswell but that could be all about the wonderful Bonucci. <3

Rule #1 of Fifa: Stop sprinting. :D

Not enough upvotes. :)

If you go onto www.FUThead.com you can see the average price for any given player , its a good guide to see if you are paying over the odds.

FUThead is great Marmite, for creating a team and seeing what the chemistry will come out like, which you can't do in game.

The game mode as a whole though is scarily addictive, so be warned! You're never content. There's always one other player you want, but that will put your Chemistry out of sync, so then if I change this guy to CDM and change formation, I can get his teammate at RM, but then the Striker is a different Nationality, so I'll just auction him off and wait to see how much I get, then I can buy OH FUCK OH FUCK IT'S 2.45 AM.

• Upvote 2

Ha, yes. It's so hard to find a cut-off point.

Ooh, midnight and up early. Ah, what the heck, one more game and I can afford the player I want...

Ok, now I've got him. Well I need to try him out, don't I?

Ok he's good, but I wanna improve his passing, I'll apply a chemistry card... Ok, now to try him.

That's good. Oh look, one more point to win the league. Just one more match.

Yes, did it. Ooh, look at all this money. I can buy a few new players.

Ok, I need to try them...

And so on until you never go to bed when you planned to ever.

• Upvote 2

Yeah that sounds about right.

So I got the game on Wednesday and started ultimate team. A couple of hours later I had opened my first pack and decided on Spanish players as the core of my team as this is what I had the most of.

Got confused when I opened my second pack and sent some players to the club and then couldn't find them but have worked that out now.

I then started selling off players and scouting for new ones. Downloaded the app as we'll so that I could keep an eye on my dealings and manage the squad from work yesterday. I now have a team with 95 chemistry, albeit not the greatest technical abilities.

All this and I haven't actually played a football match yet! Time to put that right tonight.

• Upvote 2

Played a fair few matches online tonight. First bronze tournament I entered I was a bit unlucky to lose in the semi final.

I've struggled since then though but have bought quite a few players and have nearly 4k in the bank. I'm sort of felling stuck with regards to what to do next. I'm not finding any better bronze players in the transfer market now (Spanish) but am loathe to start building a silver or bronze squad until I've got a bit better at actually playing the game.

Any tips? Also seem to be struggling to break some teams down who sit back and then counter with a lobbed through ball every fucking time!

Thanks to those on here helping us FUT noobs out! This is my first FIFA game in a long time, and at the moment I'm having a hard time just grasping the general controls - and FUT is destroying my little brain!

Of the players i've been dealt, I've been given quite a few Spanish lads, so i'm gonna try building my team around them. I was given a silver striker who's english, but have left him out in favour of a bronze Spanish striker for better chemistry. Being new to this, are you supposed to play all FUT games? I played (and won!) my first game in the Starter Tournament, and played (and got smashed!) against the FUT team of the week. For some reason I've got in my head I should be doing more managing and less playing (ie. let the computer play the match for me whilst I manage tactics etc.), am I wrong thinking this?

I also want to start just a regular Premier League season (as the mighty Swansea of course!), do I do that through my career, and will this save over my FUT?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've a feeling if I get to grips with FUT I think I know what I'll be playing throughout Christmas! Gonna play again later this evening and try to get more comfortable with the controls.

PS. If anyone wants to add me on PS4, i'm SHarris_78

• Upvote 1

For some reason I've got in my head I should be doing more managing and less playing (ie. let the computer play the match for me whilst I manage tactics etc.), am I wrong thinking this?

Pretty sure this is wrong. There is obviously a (very addictive) management element in terms of building your squad, but you still take control of the games and have to be handy with that side of things.

Sounds like we both got predominantly Spanish players. Based on the advice in this thread I used that to build my current Borinze team and get the chemistry up to 100. I've quickly reached the point though where Im struggling to create chances online and get my defenders to keep running with opposition players (despite keeping an eye on them and running with them off the ball - always seem to get beaten to it).

Is there an area where I can tweak my formation beyond just selecting it in the Squad area? I know you can do this before games but online there is obviously a time limit.

• Upvote 1

Marmite: The offline season is pretty forgiving, 10 games, 12 points needed for promotion, I think. Then you can tinker with formations and not have to worry about time limits.

SHarris: I'd recommend the same, they're probably easier than the tourneys. And no, Ultimate Team is separate from everything else, so you can still have a Swansea game save, and even an Online Pro (you play as one player) and an offline Pro as well. They are all separate game modes.

Also, obviously, these are pretty gash players in the main! It will get easier once you start getting better players. It's so nice when you start getting some stars in that can actually pass and shoot straight.

• Upvote 2

The amount of injuries in this compared to the 360 version is ridiculous. Had to give up on building two teams from different leagues and build two like for like teams instead so I'm not buying healing cards after every damn match.

Took the plunge and spent the last 4 hours building a Bundesliga team :)

Had about 8k in the bank and came up with this 3-4-3 formation team: http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/3788292/

Only played one game using it against the computer on world class difficulty so far but already seems to be way more movement and pace than with the Bronze team (finally!).

Great stuff.

Make sure you pick up:

Rene Adler

Jerome Boateng

Sokratis (speedy CBs are vital)

Mame Diouf (seriously good and very cheap)

Javi Martinez (forget that he has no pace, he's utterly dominant)

Thomas Muller (surprisingly cheap)

Your eventual target is probably Aubamayang at around 8000.

• Upvote 1