rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

I've honestly not been this addicted to anything for years. I can't stop. It's been 2am bedtimes all week.

I've switched to 3 at the back and won six in a row, getting to Division 4:

---------Balotelli-----Di Natale--------

----------------Hernanes---------------

--El Shaaarwy-------------Cuadrado--

-----------Marchisio--Vidal------------

-----Chiellini--Barzagli--Benatia------

--------------Handanovic---------------

I've spent about £95k on that team, to give you an idea how much I've played in the last week.

I should have stopped there, but - despite being really tired - carried on and then lost four in a row. I seem to play well or terribly with nothing in between.

I should have stopped there, but - despite being really tired - carried on and then lost four in a row. I seem to play well or terribly with nothing in between.

This is exacty what happens to me. In my low point when I dropped to div 7, I suddenly started playing well. I won 8 games on the spin, on the cusp of getting back to div 5. I only need one more win to guarantee promotion and give me a great chance of winning the title with games to spare. Then I start losing. And losing. And losing. And I turned it off, still three points from promotion and one game left to do it in.

I know! I sold the fucker for 210k and he's kicked off UT on next gen rather nicely for me. He's funded this multinational Serie A/Prem 4-4-1-1 team of win.

Hart (I got him in my next pack!)

Evra

Kompany

Chiellini

Abate

Young

Fellaini

Marchisio

Candreva (where did this guy come from? He's awesome)

Di Natale (CF)

Balotelli

Italian manager, with added Prem, and they're all on 10 chem. Boom.

Get vucinic! I play him alongside balotelli, prefer him to tevez and di natale and he cost me less than 1000! 88 dribbling and passing, 84 finishing (closer to 90 with the right chemistry add on), great in the air too. My favourite forward.

Hi all. First time venturing in to this sub-folder but I downloaded the Fifa 14 demo for my PS4 and am quite intrigued but Ultimate Team.

Haven't bought a football game for years (used to be a Pro Evo player until it went to shit) but I'm tempted to jump in as this mode looks like fun. Is it something that you would recommend to a newcomer to the Fifa series? Also, are there any good basic tutorials out there for how it actually all works? there seems to be lots of chat about cards, coins, packs, etc etc. To be honest it looks quite confusing. I'm also assuming all games take place against other human controlled teams? How do the divisions work?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but thought this would be the best place to put these queries. Thanks in advance for any help :hat:

There are in-game tutorials for the mode which explain most things.

You can play online against humans in cups or seasons mode, or the same against the computer in offline cups or season mode.

• Upvote 1

Hi all. First time venturing in to this sub-folder but I downloaded the Fifa 14 demo for my PS4 and am quite intrigued but Ultimate Team.

Haven't bought a football game for years (used to be a Pro Evo player until it went to shit) but I'm tempted to jump in as this mode looks like fun. Is it something that you would recommend to a newcomer to the Fifa series? Also, are there any good basic tutorials out there for how it actually all works? there seems to be lots of chat about cards, coins, packs, etc etc. To be honest it looks quite confusing. I'm also assuming all games take place against other human controlled teams? How do the divisions work?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but thought this would be the best place to put these queries. Thanks in advance for any help :hat:

UT is awesome and is an utter time-sink. It sort of work like a Panini Sticker Collecting game. Collect the stickers, use the players you have, wins some coins, buy better players.

There are single-player games and tournaments, but it works best online.

A whole bunch of us in here play, so if you do decide to jump in, we'll be more than happy to give some hints and tips.

Nice one, cheers dude. You guys on PS4?

I've gone with the alt controller method in the demo and left most of the assist settings on default. That the best way to approach it?

Thinking of getting the full game this week although slightly concerned I will end up playing it too much!

One last thing - with the UT is it best to get players from the same league/nation or is it still viable to mix and match? What about stuff like playing inverted wingers - will that have too negative effect on chemistry?

That would be massively useful, cheers. There are lots of guides on the internet but they seem to be aimed at people already playing daily and looking to build the best possible squads (rather than for people starting from scratch).

Ok, where to start...?

Go through all the tutorials. Pick up what you can. There's a lot that'll go over your head but just get the basics. The most important thing in UT is chemistry. Remember there are two types - team and player chemistry. You want the first at 100 and the second all at 10. 9 is easily achieveable and fine, though. Player chemistry can be seen by moving the right stick to the right when your team is up. Players with 7 chemistry will run at career mode level. 10 is a considerable boost.

When you start up the game will give you a team of bronze players, and then another pack of bronze cards. So about 20 players. Pick a formation you like (4-1-2-1-2 wide is a good place to start). Now try and make the best team you can from what you have. Put gold and silver players in the reserves and ignore them. Sell them if you wish.

Look at your team and find the most common league/language. For me it was English. I decided then to make my team all English. For bronze it's good because English players stay in the country and you're doubling the chemistry boost. They'll all play in the same league system and they'll all be the same nationality.

Play players in their position only. You can get away with not doing this later on but for now, play them in position.

So now you'll have a team with probably 50-60 chemistry and players out of position. You also have 500 credits. Pick three players you want to replace. Go to the auction. Put filters on. Bronze, [specific position], maximum price 150 (not buy it now), English (or whatever you chose). Search. Now you have all the English players in that position ending soon available for 150. You might get outbid, in which case do it again. Prioritise pace, generally. You want all your players to be pretty quick. CAM pace doesn't matter, though. Ball skills for him. You'll struggle to get a CB with more than 70, which is fine.

Put your three new players in your team and hopefully your chemistry will have jumped a bit.

Start an online tournament for bronze teams. Your chemistry is low but his may be too. You might get tonked. Don't worry, you'll still get 400-500 coins. There isn't much difference between winning and losing. Never quit out as it affects your match bonuses dramatically.

Spend the match winnings on new players. Within 3 games I had a team at 100 chemistry with everyone on the team at 9 or 10 player chemistry. Buy a few replacement players for when players get tired. Don't bother with every position, just get some cover for the odd time you need it. You can get someone's fitness back to 99 by sitting them either on the bench or reserves when you play a match. If you send them to your club they won't regain fitness.

Keep using that team in that tournament and see if you can win it. Get the bank balance up. Try and get it to 10k. Occasionally you'll need to buy contract cards. Don't pay more than 150 for them.

Don't buy packs generally, buy at auction. Use the filters to find out the cheapest buy it now prices for players before spending. Check their contracts by pushing the right stick right when buying.

10k is enough to buy a decent gold side that can eventually become your reserves. (This may be a little more on Playstation, I'm going off 360 prices) Some players are way, way overpriced, ignore them for now. You can get very, very good players for 800-1000 coins. Choose a league and stick with it. Italy is good as the prices are low. Germany, Spain and England are strongest. France is decent. Take your pick.

Take that side into Seasons mode. Now you'll start really earning as promotions and league wins give significant winnings.

Build a second stronger squad from the same league. (This will take a long time) Remember to have all your reserves in the sub and reserve positions. When players get tired swap them for your reserves and within a match or two they'll have their fitness back.

If you're less lazy than me you can play the market to make money, although you're better off reading about that elsewhere.

It starts off overwhelming then comes completely compelling. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know.

• Upvote 3

Basically it's all about 'Chemistry'.

Each player has a chemistry rating out of ten. The higher the chemistry for each player, the better your team will play. It's so important that a team of Korean part-timers will smash a team of world superstars if their chemistry is far better.

Chemistry comes from players being linked to the players around them. The order of importance goes:

Same real-life team

Same real-life nation

Same real-life league

So a good starting point would be an all Serie A or all La Liga team, because you'll get the chemistry points up but you'll also have a decent selection of players for each position.

At the moment my team looks like this:

----------Cavani---------Menez---------

-----------------Valbuena-----------------

Greizman-----------------------Lucas

------------------Matuidi-----------------

Evra----Koschielny--Alex--Danilo

It's a predominately French League 1 team, with a strong PSG showing. I can't afford Lavezzi right now, so on the Left I have Greizman (French Espanol winger) and obviously the left half of my defence are prem players. But they work becaus they link via French nationality with Valbuena and Matuidi, along with linking with each other.

I get a couple of extra chem points on the Brazil links with Lucas, Alex and Danilo.

Koschielny and Alex share no links, but they link well enough with the other players round them that they score enough Chem points to not need to.

As you can see, Matuidi is the most important player in my team to make the team chemistry work. Without him, I'd have to essentially start from scratch.

As you can see, it's an utter time sink and horrifically addictive.

• Upvote 2

I needed pace and dribbling, so Menez was the man.

In Ligue 1, there's Gomis (80 finishing), or Falcao. Not a lot of middle ground really. I think there's a totw striker too, but i don't know who it is.

French Nationality has Giroud, Anelka, Benzema.

Remy has really good heading but awful finishing.

Dont forget to get a manager that suits your league and or most common nationality. Adds a hell of a lot to your chemistry.

Arsene Wenger being my prem choice with the likes of Clichy, Koscielny, Kaboul, Diaby. Remy, Sagna etc You can get loads of cheap frenchies who play in the prem.

Though my personal fave team is Seria A in a 4 2 2 2. Best formation I have found for UT by far. You lose out because you cant get those pacey wingers but tall dribblers in those CAM slots are beast on this! I have Kaka and Hamsik and I love em but its personal pref. You could go for a converted ST who now plays can like a Muriel if you need the speed.

I originally went for English Prem, but now half of my main squad are different nationalities, as long as you have all of the same league or all of the same nationality the chem will be fine.

In Ligue 1, there's Gomis (80 finishing), or Falcao. Not a lot of middle ground really. I think there's a totw striker too, but i don't know who it is.

And here is that Ligue 1 TOTW striker:

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/12620/wissam-ben-yedder/

Currently going for around 11k. Hmmmmm.... that's not bad actually....

EDIT: Look at who's going for around 15k:

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/12575/clarence-seedorf/

TIMMO, I DEMAND YOU BUILD A HOLLAND/BRAZIL-LEAGUE TEAM.

Wow, beast.

To be honest with you, I've not got on with the two team of the week players I've bought. Milito felt sluggish and missed a suprising number of chances despite having 98 finishing. Gervinho is better, but not as good as the standard El Sharaarwy.