Jump to content

Ultimate Team


Timmo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I packed Aduriz and some 84 defender from Napoli from my Elite 3 Squad battle rewards. 

 

I'm having a break from this. I'm getting rebounded all over the place again so enough is enough. The formation I struggle with is the one with a RF and LF, it's just constant 1-2 and pace. EA really need to sort this out and make touch at pace much looser. 

 

I love playing with my Japanese team because it feels realistic. I've got skill, I score great goals but my players make errors. It's exciting taking risks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nakamura said:

I packed Aduriz and some 84 defender from Napoli from my Elite 3 Squad battle rewards. 

 

I'm having a break from this. I'm getting rebounded all over the place again so enough is enough. The formation I struggle with is the one with a RF and LF, it's just constant 1-2 and pace. EA really need to sort this out and make touch at pace much looser. 

 

I love playing with my Japanese team because it feels realistic. I've got skill, I score great goals but my players make errors. It's exciting taking risks.

 

The 4321 is very narrow as is the 41212(2) so switch to 433(4) or 4231 and have fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Opened 7 various packs of different levels and not one decent card or flash. Then bought some 7.5k packs and I get some shitty 78 TOTW player. Game hates me so much. Fuck it, Battlefront 2 next week, Fifa 18 can do one.

 

I’ve played Pay to Win mobile games with better player rewards then this rip off cunt of a game, fuck EA in the ear!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made a cheapo Prem team (Josh King upfront ftw!) switched back to 4321 and just absolutely breezed through the Weekend League qualifications, mental. Standard Fellaini in CDM brutalising folks, even won a penalty by just shielding with him for about 15 in game minutes :lol:

 

I think I play better with worse players, all the years of FTL conditioning :D

 

Packed Sterling earlier and he's as unbelievable as he has been when I've had to defend against him too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a much better time in seasons tonight, played 3, won 3. Scored 13,  Conceded 2.

Concentrating on defending with midfielders and moving the ball around quicker (although not always forward).

 

Here's a match that a few days ago I would have conceded two early on and let it get away from me. I was thinking on Gooner's advice from earlier - the formation that gives me the most trouble is the 4321. It's also the formation I've had most joy with, I only moved away from it for more defensive solidity.

So I was going to give it another go, but with a lower build up speed.

 

However, when I saw the bad guy was lining up with the 41212, I chickened out and initially went with the 4231.

Gave it 30 mins, decided it wasn't working, then switched to the 4321 and found my rhythm.

Don't feel you have to watch all of it, but if anyone wants to check out 5 minutes and flag any glaring mistakes I'm making, please be my guest.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jerec said:

Opened 7 various packs of different levels and not one decent card or flash. Then bought some 7.5k packs and I get some shitty 78 TOTW player. Game hates me so much. Fuck it, Battlefront 2 next week, Fifa 18 can do one.

 

I’ve played Pay to Win mobile games with better player rewards then this rip off cunt of a game, fuck EA in the ear!

This puts me off spending 7500 on a triple gold pack.

I probably still will though :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

 

Yeah I stick the 2 CM's to stay back while attacking, CAM to get into the box for crosses and stay forward, LW, ST, RW all to get in behind and press back line, LB & RB to stay back while attacking.

I'll give that a try. Thanks bud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick defending question for you guys. When an opponent rolls the ball into an opponent on say the penalty spot, and you have a defender directly behind them (between them and the goal), what's the best method of defence? I found myself up against a guy last night in Seasons who did this time and again, each time receiving the ball and then moving swiftly with the attacker in one direction (up or down, adjacent to the goal) before getting a quick low shot off, and with the crazy finishing in this game it was super effective.

 

My brain would tell me to quickly switch to the defender between the attacker and the goal using LB, and then use 'contain', but it never seemed quick enough to stop. Is this was you guys do? I think I also tried seconding guess him and close him down quickly using jockey, but I was never seemingly quick enough. I suspect there's a "most effective" way to minimize/combat this... thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jamin said:

Quick defending question for you guys. When an opponent rolls the ball into an opponent on say the penalty spot, and you have a defender directly behind them (between them and the goal), what's the best method of defence? I found myself up against a guy last night in Seasons who did this time and again, each time receiving the ball and then moving swiftly with the attacker in one direction (up or down, adjacent to the goal) before getting a quick low shot off, and with the crazy finishing in this game it was super effective.

 

My brain would tell me to quickly switch to the defender between the attacker and the goal using LB, and then use 'contain', but it never seemed quick enough to stop. Is this was you guys do? I think I also tried seconding guess him and close him down quickly using jockey, but I was never seemingly quick enough. I suspect there's a "most effective" way to minimize/combat this... thoughts?

 

The only thing you can do is hold x to contain and hold r1 to second man press to try and block the space for a shot or the shot itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.