Ultimate Team

Timmo

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Don't private message me please pants 

Or me! :lol:

I’m curious to know the exploit, but I won’t be using it myself. Currently sat just above the Elite 3 cut with two hard games remaining, which I’ll most likely play on semi pro to guarantee me another ~1600 points and hope that will do. 

I would have have been fine if it weren’t for a connection loss to EA’s servers when I was up 2-0 on World Class and with only 12 mins left. <_<

why is it it an automatic 3-0 loss when it’s an offline game mode?!!!

I did it! (Not really)

I can't say opponent quality was noticeably different, I started very poorly then got my form back and won a bunch in a row to finish Gold 1 in the end. Disappointed in myself for not being able to continue where I left off, it's like I had to learn to play properly again.

Fuckin dreadful weekend for me .. started the first 10 games 5-5 then thought il play the last 30 Sunday night smash through em managed get to 27-11 with 2 games to go then lost on fucking pens and missed out on elite by a game again ! 

Not playing on a Friday anymore with all the little sweats tryna get there skill points 

I only played 9 games. :lol: and won 5. I did enjoy my little go in the weekend league though, all really tight games bar 1 or 2 blastings either way, I wasn't particularly bothered about making sure I racked up the games or aimed for certain level, I imagine it can be very frustrating especially because the games are such bloody fine margins.

I was using the Narrow 4-1-2-1-2 but switched to a wide after I got blasted by some guy using it, it was so much more fun than constantly trying to tika taka my way through the middle with a narrow formation but fuck me, I was side open!

(30 games Sunday night Baz!? Thats about 10 hours! Faaaaacking hell. Im goosed after about 2.5 hours these days. So old. :blah:)

POTM

I'm going so hard for POTM Sane if he comes around, love his normal card, even out of Position he is a beast. 

Ive invested about 200k in trying to predict what could be coming... Not for money making but to actually do.

Ive stack up on In Form Players, City Players, Schalke Players, Bayern L Players, German Players, Prem Players and Teams he scored against players (Burnley/West Brom/Stoke).

I'm going to loan the card first though, don't want to commit to an untradeable without trying him.

If it turns out to Kevin De Bruyne POTM which is should be really, I'll just sell up again, hopefully most of my items creep up as a results anyway.

I played 28 games on Sunday, it sounds worse than it is because you do get a pretty high %age of rage quits late on a sunday.

I started on Friday and lost my first 2 games, then i started racking up wins, hit Gold 1 with only 6 losses, i was going to leave it at that point, but thought i might as well get the 4 extra wins, the hardest part was finding games, everyone backs out.

Everyone wants to be the home team, if they don't mind playing away then they back out because of your kit/badge/player standing on the matchmaking screen or because they are dickheads.

I played a lot of online seasons this weekend, with mixed results. Apologies, but this might sound more miserable than I really mean it.

I dished out a couple of thrashings, but these were offset by getting beat by ultra defensive, through-ball-to-the-Striker type players. I just can't seem to get my CDMs to stay back and shield the defence, so it's their 2/3 attackers vs my CB's any time they get the ball.

Also, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but players running straight at me on full sprint - I stand still in front of the opponent, hold LT, but my defender kinda moves out their way when they get to me? How do I stop this and actually tackle the enemy?

Ended up proper raging twice last night, the second was when facing an extreme lag game (4 green bars on the loading screen), which was so bad it took 40 minutes to complete, only for me to lose 2-1 when both goals came from shitty rebounds off ludicrous shots from stupid angles, that my defenders just leave because I assume they aren't seeing my hoof it input from the lag.

However, The first was this, in Squad Battles. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT DIDN'T GO IN.

36 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

First of all, pro players all insist on being home, so you avoid them if you only play home games.

secondly, you get your stadium so no shadows all over the pitch etc.

i also feel like the game is smoother for me but that's got to be a placebo.

Do you always play at home?

No because I rarely get my games done until the last minute so have to rush.

That's the team I had to beat for elite, I say had to but I had 2 games left after that one, but I dread to think of what I'd have faced if I didn't win, everyone had Messi, Ronaldo etc.

i was 2-0 up after 17 minutes, thought he was going to rage quit but he scored from outside the box with Del piero just before half time.

second half starts and I'd been missing chance after chance, then I finally get the third, still doesn't quit.

scores again outside the box with Del piero, I manage to carry on peppering his goal but can't get the 4th, I end up winning 3-2.

i had 17 shots 13 on target and he had 4.

IMG_2834.JPG

@Pants McSkill I never got back to you with some tips...

First of all, the most crucial thing Nero taught me and the rest of our group chat was to change formation.

We've all had games where we can't find our players with a pass, don't get any shooting opportunities, make a note of formations you struggle against, when they pause early make sure you check whether they changed formation before restarting the game, also make a note of formations you always do well against, you might counter a formation and they switch to one you normally do well vs so need to switch back to your usual formation.

It sounds minor but it makes a massive difference, doing that was the difference between gold 3/2 on the WL and bouncing between Division 2 and 1 and hitting Elite on the WL and winning Division 1.

Second, mix your game up, dont always go to the wing to cross or always tiki taka through the middle, shoot from outside the box, work openings inside the box, and dont be afraid to pass backwards, if the space shrivels up, go backwards, draw them out and wait for a mistake to punish.

third - use the x pass, through balls are too random, if you have a chance to slip a pass between 2 defenders use x sometimes, it normally goes to your players feet and allows them to take it neater than a through ball.

I played 13 Weekend League games in the end all on Fri/Sat and ended 9-4 (9-2 if you discount router-washing-machine-gate). Enjoyed most of the experience, although most of the problems I have are with the game itself and not people being dickheads which was good. The main thing that still frustrates is how slow it takes for defenders to get moving, my defence in general (even the rapid fullbacks) were getting outpaced a lot and this pace abuse was where most of my goals conceded came from. Thinking of creating a team based purely on pacey defenders - any ideas which league/nationality is best?

Also people playing park the bus and doing a counter attack against your defenders is still super efficient in the right hands, as Pants alludes to.

Literally every player I played had a considerably better team than me and in the two legit games I lost, the quality of the players might have been enough of the edge (probably not like but I'll blame that :P). The best players are too much £ for me to be arsed to try and wheel and deal my way up though. Also struggled for consistency at times, leaning away from the 4231, would quite like 2 up top, but don't enjoy the diamond any more.

It seems most play the diamond or 433 (4) or 4321/4312 though? So I guess I need to try one of those and stick with it.

Are the thresholds for Squad Battle ranks lower this week? When I was checking packs this morning they seemed to be a lot lower. For instance I finished on roughly 8k points last week and that got Silver 1 rank but this week that same score would get me in the golds. What am I missing?

I’ve been going with the 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 mainly.

Having option to switch in game from the three forwards setup to a narrow diamond  (Willian at CAM and Sane at left striker) is good for when I have a lead to hold and want Bakayoko and Kante to defend. Wijnaldum is pretty versatile although his defending abilities aren’t great so the side he’s on can sometimes be a concern but I have Gueye on the bench if needed. 

Im banking on the IF Otamendi being a good earner when the POTM SBC comes up, I’ve resisted cashing in on him now for a 10k profit in the hope he’ll go up more. 

Tempted to buy the IF Kolasinac (got a loan from a pre order pack) but his normal with a chem style is pretty amazing on the first place.Bellerin on the right is going nowhere, his pace saves the day so often it’s unreal.  

29A7064B-A696-4E5C-B73B-5F69595AFF7B.jpeg

18C27154-20C0-404F-9039-B651DA466B8F.jpeg

58 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’ve been going with the 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 mainly.

Having option to switch in game from the three forwards setup to a narrow diamond  (Willian at CAM and Sane at left striker) is good for when I have a lead to hold and want Bakayoko and Kante to defend. Wijnaldum is pretty versatile although his defending abilities aren’t great so the side he’s on can sometimes be a concern but I have Gueye on the bench if needed. 

Im banking on the IF Otamendi being a good earner when the POTM SBC comes up, I’ve resisted cashing in on him now for a 10k profit in the hope he’ll go up more. 

Tempted to buy the IF Kolasinac (got a loan from a pre order pack) but his normal with a chem style is pretty amazing on the first place.Bellerin on the right is going nowhere, his pace saves the day so often it’s unreal.  

29A7064B-A696-4E5C-B73B-5F69595AFF7B.jpeg

18C27154-20C0-404F-9039-B651DA466B8F.jpeg

Isnt Kante pretty poor this year? Most streamers have discounted him 

How the fuck do you use Tactical Defending efficiently?

I have been smashing teams in SB's on World Class all weekend, then the last 4 I change back to Tactical from Legacy and I lose them all.

None of my players can get near theirs, I just seem to lunge next to them as they stroll on by. I cannot go online until I have this down, and that seems like never!!

It makes no sense and whenever I do manage to get a foot in, the fucking ref blows his poxy whistle!!

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

Kante has been great for me so far, the Anchor chem style boosts all the crucial stats

Not played it myself just saw Castro etc saying his height makes him very inefficient, he was class on 17! They rave over Bakayoko though he’s in almost every team 

16 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Not played it myself just saw Castro etc saying his height makes him very inefficient, he was class on 17! They rave over Bakayoko though he’s in almost every team 

I’ve got him alongside Kante when I play a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1, he’s a beast as well

26 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Kante's height hindered him in 17, the difference was he's quick and it would auto tackle if you ran into someone unlike on 18.

With icons there are so many better CDM options.