Ultimate Team

Timmo

It's OK Pants, I'm the same. The heady days of being in the top 100 in UK/Europe in Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are long gone, the early FIFAs where it felt like childs play - long gone too. Our reactions have been sullied but we still have the experience, at least that's what I keep telling myself. :lol:

Yeah you deffo create less with the 4231, which is something of an issue for me actually as my finishing isn't great. 

And yeah @gooner4life I think you're right, just trying to get as many played as I can as I won't be on tomorrow probably at all. Won my opening 6 but tbh most of those have been because the opposition has been pap and not that I'm setting the world alight, the moment I meet a good player it'd be curtains. Grinding out results atm, playing poorly.

I'm saving up the money for Mbappe I think, then gonna try the French front 3 Timmo posted about on Monday. In fact Timmo, if I were to utilise Mbappe upfront, Martial LAM, Alessendrini RAM, who might be good in CAM?

19 minutes ago, Jamin said:

It's OK Pants, I'm the same. The heady days of being in the top 100 in UK/Europe in Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are long gone, the early FIFAs where it felt like childs play - long gone too. Our reactions have been sullied but we still have the experience, at least that's what I keep telling myself. :lol:

Yeah you deffo create less with the 4231, which is something of an issue for me actually as my finishing isn't great. 

And yeah @gooner4life I think you're right, just trying to get as many played as I can as I won't be on tomorrow probably at all. Won my opening 6 but tbh most of those have been because the opposition has been pap and not that I'm setting the world alight, the moment I meet a good player it'd be curtains. Grinding out results atm, playing poorly.

I'm saving up the money for Mbappe I think, then gonna try the French front 3 Timmo posted about on Monday. In fact Timmo, if I were to utilise Mbappe upfront, Martial LAM, Alessendrini RAM, who might be good in CAM?

In the 4231 I'd go with Gameiro at CAM set him to get into the box for crosses and his finishing will get you plenty of goals.

1 hour ago, Jamin said:

Not sure how Ben Arfa is this year but he has 5* skills and is pretty good at everything. He was really good last year. You could move up to Fekir IF when you can afford him...

Haha Al, that will never be surpassed!

I just wasted two losses in the Weekend League. First one I kicked off and had ridiculous lag where it was pausing every 3 seconds for 1 second at a time, the guy got an early goal and was a good player so thought sod it, don't wanna endure this so I quit out.

Didn't think anything of it so started another one, thinking I'll check the connection bar. Seemed fine so went through and then had the exact same thing again, couldn't believe it. Quit out again, I'm not arsed enough to have 20 minutes of torture even if I could grind out a draw.

Then I just remembered I'd put my washing machine on, and the router sits on top of that so I assume that's causing the doom lag. Also remembered it's dedicated servers isn't it on WL so it must be my issue. What a bloody idiot :lol:

I won 10 in a row in Weekend League last night! I felt like such an idiot because I realised prior that I’d developed the terrible habit of sprinting nearly every time I got the ball. Once I cut it out my attacking improved massively.

If I can find time to finish my games I’m on course for Elite. 

Are you suggesting your players are worse, momentum is against you, something else? Because there’s no way there’s matchmaking. When you search for a game it finds someone instantly. In Divisions, which definitely has matchmaking, it takes a short while.

(edit - a bit of research suggests a split on this, nothing concrete either way)

If I can find time I’ll put my headband on and give it my best crack! Other side of the window today

So, it's all kicking off on Reddit as someone has found an ingame exploit to rack up points in Squad Battles. A Youtuber, Nepenthez, discovered the top guy on SB's had three bronze players in his team of otherwise golds, and word spiralled from there.

It's now come to light that it might be the same guy using this method to also reach third in SB under a different account. And the guy in 5th knows how to do it also.

Nepenthez was PM'd the method, and then wouldn't reveal what the method was, instead contacting EA, trying to get them to fix it. But since then it's believed to have been worked out by the community.

Oddly, it's not a glitch or a cheat. And you still need to be pretty good at the game to get all the points.

I don't know if I should post what I read on it. I'm struggling to see how it would affect our tiny corner of the Fifa world. 

Starting to feel like I have a slight grip on the defending so ventured into the draft last night. Ended up with a quality team including, Icon Viera, IF Neymar and Powered up scream Khedira. 

Got 3 wins but I knew from the first few seconds of the final game that was as far as I was going. Also, in each game the opponents made subs within the first minute so they were maximising Chemistry for kick off then just throwing on 5 strikers. In my 3rd game the guy had Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Aubameyang and Isco all playing together after 2 minutes. So his real chemistry would have been shit but it didn't matter after kick-off is that how it works? My chemistry was 97 so I was happy with that.

Anyway, the real point of the the post is to say draft rewards now are puuuuure shite. 3 wins and all I got was a gold player pack and a premium gold player pack. A total of 4 rares across the both packs and all diddies. I will probably end up making slightly more than I lost when I sell ALL the players in the transfer market but I won't be doing it again. 

Got to 16 wins in the weekend league with two games left and the Gold 3 dream died as a result of a complete loss of concentration due to my kids running around like lunatics leading to a loss that was totally preventable!

Silver 1 isn’t too bad I guess but won’t be trying to qualify for next week so the target is Elite 1 in Squad Battles.