Ultimate Team

Timmo

I’ve got almost enough players in my club to complete all of the Marquee Matchups apart from a Danish league LM/LW (which I need a high rated silver, who will cost a lot, to complete that challenge)

My dilemma is that I could make a decent amount of coins selling the players that will complete them all vs actually doing them for the risk of getting something good from the rewards. 

Just started playing this on the switch. I've not played ultimate team for a couple of years and it seems a lot more geared to taking money from you. Having issues with injuries at the moment and can't decide what I should be spending my money on. Just grind to gold like in the old days or just buy the players you want?

10 hours ago, strider said:

Just started playing this on the switch. I've not played ultimate team for a couple of years and it seems a lot more geared to taking money from you. Having issues with injuries at the moment and can't decide what I should be spending my money on. Just grind to gold like in the old days or just buy the players you want?

Weird, I've not had any issues with injuries at all, you must just be a bit unlucky.  I wouldn't take that as an indication of what it's like generally!

I'm not sure if low stamina is linked to injuries (anyone?) but I keep all my team pretty fit all the time (never less than 80% before KO), so that may be why I don't get many.  Fitness cards are so cheap now, you can just run one team and keep them fit constantly (every few games).

You can get good rewards for the SBC's, so do them.  They'll especially help early on!

Opened all my packs at 4:30am.

Fucking shite! 8 packs and the best I got was 83 rated Wesley Sneijder. <_<

I have qualified for the weekend league though! Huzzah, I recon I will struggle to play 20 games though over one weekend mind.

Is it just Sat and Sun, or do they give you Friday night as well?  Never even tried it. 

Going back to my earlier comments about big players, as lethal as Higuain is, I think I'm going to get rid of him.  he just sslloowwss everything down when the ball gets to him.  He takes his time to get the ball out of his feet, to pass quickly...it's a shame, as he is stupidly good in front of goal, but I don't think I'll be missing out if have/try Dybala up there, or just get Mertens... I'm not sure who'd be better at CAM. Ah, decisions. 

18 minutes ago, Steely said:

Opened all my packs at 4:30am.

Fucking shite! 8 packs and the best I got was 83 rated Wesley Sneijder. <_<

I have qualified for the weekend league though! Huzzah, I recon I will struggle to play 20 games though over one weekend mind.

Thats because the 1:30am still down to RNG luck.

44 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Is it just Sat and Sun, or do they give you Friday night as well?  Never even tried it. 

Going back to my earlier comments about big players, as lethal as Higuain is, I think I'm going to get rid of him.  he just sslloowwss everything down when the ball gets to him.  He takes his time to get the ball out of his feet, to pass quickly...it's a shame, as he is stupidly good in front of goal, but I don't think I'll be missing out if have/try Dybala up there, or just get Mertens... I'm not sure who'd be better at CAM. Ah, decisions. 

Get Mertens and Dybala 

35 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

How's Kramaric? Does he drop into CAM for you then?

Yeah he’s got everything you want at CAM and he’s so clinical in the box. If Reus is a 9/10 (which he is) he’s an 8. He’s been decent on the wing for me, too, but I’m not sure if he’s as good as Robben there. 

How are you liking Reus? He has crazy numbers for me, always delivers despite his shortcomings (low strength and stamina). 

Me at the minute...

IMG_7182.thumb.PNG.557d38f24822ae856da9386ca5aa5d8f.PNG

I've got 13 games with POTM Harry Kane left, which I'll use this weekend.

Who do you guys use in the ST-ST-CAM roles for the narrow diamond?

I'm happy with Gueye, Bakayako and the backline and goalkeeper.

Need to sort out a CM-CAM-ST-ST,

Having had a RM at CM the past week, I've been really happy with Musonda but he is going to drop, might replace him with Willian. (Near like for like)

Tempted by Silva (Or Hero Sigurdson) for CAM, though he never ports across to Fifa lifes well!

ST, I may just go for Mane and Martial as two LFs... hmmmmm. (Sterling/Sane/Salah all being budget options.)

Got about 200k in the bank at the minute if anyone has any suggestions, not doing subs so will try and merge with other leagues if needed.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

How are you liking Reus? He has crazy numbers for me, always delivers despite his shortcomings (low strength and stamina). 

He's ludicrous. Next level type stuff. 

I would say that I probably won't change him until I get Ronaldo (keeping the eyes on the long-term prize over here), but there's so few CDM's to link him with that it's tough with the Chemistry, so we'll see how that pans out.

But yeah, loving him.

19 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

He's ludicrous. Next level type stuff. 

I would say that I probably won't change him until I get Ronaldo (keeping the eyes on the long-term prize over here), but there's so few CDM's to link him with that it's tough with the Chemistry, so we'll see how that pans out.

But yeah, loving him.

I forgot to ask, do you still have commentary on? I chuckle every time Zuber gets mentioned because it’ll say “Steven Zuber” which sounds like “Steven’s Uber” like he’s grabbed a taxi to motor down the wing. It was funnier in my head. You had to be there. 

Haha. I guarantee that's all I'll be able to hear from now on.

If the patch really has nerfed passing I may be switching the commentary off, because I've already had enough of Alan Smith's sarky 'Don't know who he was trying to pass to there, somebody in the crowd maybe' bollocks comment. 

OH REALLY ALAN YEAH THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO DO, PASS THE BALL INTO THE FUCKING CROWD... TELL YOU WHAT WHY DON'T YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF COS I DON'T REMEMBER YOUR PASSING BEING ANYTHING SPECIAL AT ARSENAL YOU GOAL HANGING FUCKNUGGET.