Ultimate Team

Timmo

7 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Bizarrely as I'm still rocking a Brazilian team I turned my nose up at Ederson as I felt Neto's stats looked better on paper (i.e. I'm not arsed about kicking or speed really). I just splashed out on 84 rated Fahrmann at Schalke, whose chemistry matches up with Naldo to sustain 100 Chem. His stats are all mid-high 80s in the ones that matter so will see how he does.

Btw @Bleeders cool article cheers for the link. Some of the videos on there (particularly the goalpost one, and the one where his CB passes it to an attacker despite clearly pushing the opposite way) are just crazy and hard to argue against querying that things are a bit broken.

I use Fahrmann. I swapped in Karius last night whilst I was waiting for my transfer listed dupe Fahrmann to expire (used my squad Fahrmann in an SBC). Karius sucked. He tried to punch every cross that came in towards him, even when unchallenged. Did not like.

28 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Dunno, the icon Casillas card has some pretty impressive stats and I seem to have a real issue with my GKs literally not saving a shot, or having the ball trickle through them in a manner I never score from :lol: was hoping having an icon at the back would instill some general confidence.

RE: keepers De Gea and Lloris have always been the worst I've faced. Played someone with P. Schmeichel icon card last night and he was nothing special. Which of the GK stats do you guys is most important?

Casillas isn't an icon, that's just a league SBC mate, it's an upgrade on his base card, but that one certainly isnt worth it.

FUCKING EAT IT YOU CHEATING AI SENDING-OFF-BELLARIN-IN-THE-36TH-MINUTE-FOR-NO-FUCKING-REASON CUNT

23000159_10154973399231367_500185592134432878_o.thumb.jpg.23e63869bec8a708d6f2ac232e3e0788.jpg

ahem...

I had quite the evening on Squad Battles last night, now being able to win pretty regularly against World Class difficulty.

Clearly my defending still needs work, there are times where the computer's passing it around quicker than I can react, to a point where I'm just stood there while they ping-pong it through my defence in under two seconds. But I feel I can outscore them, so that's good.

22861480_10154973511511367_8771942841715869818_o.thumb.jpg.434c1147fd67abd3a7d3852ce81079ab.jpg

The new team is pretty good, I love Reus and Vidal is top shelf. Werner's a good striker but isn't really a false 9 and Bellerabi feels one notch below a top player.

I scored a couple of belting goals too, my favourite being this team effort, which I like for all the mistakes I didn't make as much as the passes and finish that I did.

42 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I think reflexes, handling and kicking are the most important stats for keepers, but it's also worth looking at their save style, I avoid acrobatic for save style.

41 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Don’t forget height! Taller the better, it’s why Begovic is so popular. 

Yeah, this guy has been amazing for me, 6'5" with 88 diving and reflexes.  

8 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Is everyone else playing on World class?? 

Legendary (avoid Ultimate, it’s stupid) but even though the rewards aren’t bad I can’t bear to play the AI. I’d rather face a real person in Divisions or the knock out tourney. Just wish the rewards were better. 

Yeah I can't stand playing the AI either. It's the way they score goals (that @Pants McSkill mentions further up) - superfast ping pong into your area first time finish into the corner. Every time, near impossible to defend against. Probably every time because every team you play in Squad Battles are amazingly high rated players, but still. I find it utterly tedious and even the promise of high rewards can't entice me.

PS. @gooner4life where does it tell you if he's traditional or acrobatic save style?

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

What’s your team looking like now, Gooner?

Martial, Prime Overmars and Willian on the bench.

i have about 400k's worth of investments sat in my club/tradepile but getting itchy with it now, think I'll sell it all off and see where I am as I want to improve the defence and midfield.

IMG_2764.PNG

22 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

@Jamin if you click the right stick to go into the player details it will tell you, can also check Futbin etc.

Unless I'm being super blind I couldn't see it on futbin or sofifa?

Btw I secured footage of the next guy who signed my old GK...

This may be a really stupid question but do the TOTW, ie 'special' players retain the stats on their card permanently?

I'm sitting with 70k burning a hole in my pocket and quite fancy Kimmich's TOTW card. Bit stupid for a right back I know but really cant see any players that will make a significant improvement to my current German team. Continuing to save for Reus is my other option but that means dropping Sane and I love him. Decisions!

Yeah upgrades are permanent. You just have to work out if it’s worth it for you.

I’ve very nearly bought Kimmich and I’ve only read good things about him. Just make sure you get the right one. Sometimes the price ranges of informs will overlap and you can buy the wrong one if you’re not careful. 

New Marquee Matchups are out. The Danish one looks tricky at first but (again, spoilered in case anyone enjoys figuring it out themselves)...

...can be done with only bronze Danish League players, and you don't need Copenhagen or Brondby, which should make it cheaper.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2ad86163b659e7b425a743ed700b2c78.JPG

Again, follow the green links, use your own players that you have lying around, etc. I've got a couple of 50's in there, using higher rated bronzes will mean lower rated golds.