Ultimate Team

Timmo

For those not aware, Futbin record stats of all players on the market, therefore giving a trustworthy account of exactly how good players are. Only works for goalscorers but it's really good. Click 'Goals' to sort by goals per game.

https://www.futbin.com/18/pgp

You can use the filters to narrow it down.

What's interesting is that lots of 85 icons are outscoring 90+ strikers. People have always insisted that icons play better than their stats suggest and this would reflect that.

I think I'm gonna make Aubameyang my first 200k+ buy at the moment.

New squad builder challenge is for 83 rated squad, but its only for an Untradable Ultimate Scream card, so cant imagine it will be all that popular. (Just an FYI for those who are holding onto 83-84 rated players to sell. (Meeeee))

I started the lengthy Casillas SBC today (fed up of my GK doing an impression of a swiss cheese) and was also checking out the other icon SBCs. Which in turn led me to checking out the Promes icon card, which looks insane. That one requires you to complete a team of Russian players / teams. This in turn led me to check out how much some of my random Russian League players went far... jeez Louise! Just sold a 70 rated silver CB for 4000, a silver 66 RM for 5300, and several others for 1000 a pop. Definitely worth checking out your clubs, particularly if they're silver/high bronze.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I think I'm gonna make Aubameyang my first 200k+ buy at the moment.

Oh man, same same. When I get bored of the Calcio Crew and sack off Dybala, I’m all over a German/? hybrid with Aubs up front. His loan card was sexual to play with.  Even with no chemistry or anything. 

Completed Del Piero’s Italy SBC and packed 88 Thiago Silva. But to actually use him would require some serious investment in either a LB or RB. Grrr...

also, how do people manage to play 45 games in squad battles over a week? I thought there was only 4 games per day available?

5 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

Completed Del Piero’s Italy SBC and packed 88 Thiago Silva. But to actually use him would require some serious investment in either a LB or RB. Grrr...

also, how do people manage to play 45 games in squad battles over a week? I thought there was only 4 games per day available?

That must have cost a fortune complete!?

On 10/30/2017 at 01:32, Jamin said:

Haha @SteelyI just played a Seasons game against that Scream Crouch, he wasn't anything special (sure he'll be mint in your hands obviously :hat:). 

He hasn't been all that good for me! Scored 6 goals in 10 games >< 3 of them in one game when he was still rated 76 haha.

You cant really notice his pace because it feels like he takes about a week to build up some speed. He would make a great pivot point for the attack if he could pass (But he cant) and he would be great if you new how to put good crosses in, obviously. (Which I can't.)

I really want Mbappe, but so expensive! I'd built a Ligue 1 / Prem Team but I cant seem to get them to fit together with a decent CAM. If anyone has any ideas let me know. (4-1-2-1-2 (2) for life yo.)

I've completed 4 of the 18 challenges for the Icon Casillas card and it's not too bad going. There is a silver LW in one team who must be rare as hen's teeth - his cheapest BIN price is 6k <_<. Holding off to try and get a 2am bargain one night. So far it's cost me about 20k with a quarter done. Although admittedly I did recoup much of that back from a reward pack in which I got some 85 rated German Bundesliga GK I've never heard of.

24 minutes ago, Jamin said:

I've completed 4 of the 18 challenges for the Icon Casillas card and it's not too bad going. There is a silver LW in one team who must be rare as hen's teeth - his cheapest BIN price is 6k <_<. Holding off to try and get a 2am bargain one night. So far it's cost me about 20k with a quarter done. Although admittedly I did recoup much of that back from a reward pack in which I got some 85 rated German Bundesliga GK I've never heard of.

No RW available that will get you to the chemistry mark?

How come your going for Casillas? Some of the packs are worth the punt because you are likely get your monies back but a lot of them are guff packs which cost a lot of coin to get due to over inflated prices. Wouldnt you be better off just buying a keeper? (Plus your stuck with him when you get him!)

PS. We as a forum should be bastards and hold the monopoly over a certain teams positions. :lol: Really drive some prices up.

I started Monterrey last night but then came to a hault when I noticed there Silver CBs are going for silly money. (5k+) <_<

Dunno, the icon Casillas card has some pretty impressive stats and I seem to have a real issue with my GKs literally not saving a shot, or having the ball trickle through them in a manner I never score from :lol: was hoping having an icon at the back would instill some general confidence.

RE: keepers De Gea and Lloris have always been the worst I've faced. Played someone with P. Schmeichel icon card last night and he was nothing special. Which of the GK stats do you guys is most important?

Oddly I havent had much of problem with De Gea when I've come across him. I havent faced him very often though or top goal keepers many times, it just seems to be Butland, Butland, Butland.

I've got Begovic at the moment who is doing really well at comanding his area, rearly seems to flap at the ball as much as others have but his shot stopping isnt anything to write home about.

Havent even looked at keeper stats in detail myself, but I do need to upgrade, tempted to try Ederson after last night, his price is still pretty high for an 83 rating, which makes me think maybe he is a bit good. :unsure:

Bizarrely as I'm still rocking a Brazilian team I turned my nose up at Ederson as I felt Neto's stats looked better on paper (i.e. I'm not arsed about kicking or speed really). I just splashed out on 84 rated Fahrmann at Schalke, whose chemistry matches up with Naldo to sustain 100 Chem. His stats are all mid-high 80s in the ones that matter so will see how he does.

Btw @Bleeders cool article cheers for the link. Some of the videos on there (particularly the goalpost one, and the one where his CB passes it to an attacker despite clearly pushing the opposite way) are just crazy and hard to argue against querying that things are a bit broken.