Ultimate Team

Timmo

I even skipped everything as I’m so used to getting complete wank, so didn’t even see a walkout, then thought...hang on...that underbite looks famili....FUuuuuu. 

Someone please convince me that Dybala is overpriced, because I am currently rich, drunk and giddy. 

1 hour ago, tenrou said:

tried the 1.30am method for my packs from icon edition and squad battles. 4 premium gold jumbo.

not even a rare gold player in 4 packs. that’s a record i think :).

The idea is you open when not many packs are being opened, you opened when everyone was opening pre order packs and squad battle reward packs.

Long story alert:

I picked up a couple of Scream Sakhos last week as an investment/in case they were needed for SBC's.

I thought I'd give him a whirl in game yesterday with his boosted stats.

The man's a beast alright with 90 physical, winning every header, and pushing even the strongest attackers off the ball like they were 5 year-old malnourished children.

But he was running around like a crazy person! Never in position, tearing around trying to win the ball back from anyone who came remotely near my half. He was like David Luiz of five years ago, if you pumped him full of cocaine and told him that for every tackle he made, he'd get another inch added to his afro.

Which confused me, as Sakho's WR are High Def and Medium Attacking. So he should be keeping his place in defence.

And I've used Cahill a lot who has similar aggression, but always stays in position, so it can't be that.

Overall, I think it's cemented my idea that it doesn't matter about which players you 'should' be using, more about which players feel best for you.

Which brings me to my big confession.

Lads... 

*leans forward*

I..., uh.....

*lowers voice to a whisper*

....I don't think I like Ibrahimovic.

Baz and Jamin were watching me stream on Saturday night and had a laugh at the fact I've got a 3million coin attack and Michael Keane at CB :lol: but genuinely, he's the best centre back I've used on 18 so far with the exception of Rio Ferdinand.

On 17 I used Fut Birthday ogbonna instead of TOTS Azpilicueta, sometimes a player behaves for you, sometimes they don't.

I have a spare Keane lying around my club. I'll give him a go.

Re: Ibra, while it's obviously 'me' (my playstyle/formation/the fact I'm quite shit/etc), the annoying thing is that it really fucks my awesome chem hybrid.

I'm gonna have to have a serious rethink in getting the right type of players in the right spots.

6 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I have a spare Keane lying around my club. I'll give him a go.

Re: Ibra, while it's obviously 'me' (my playstyle/formation/the fact I'm quite shit/etc), the annoying thing is that it really fucks my awesome chem hybrid.

I'm gonna have to have a serious rethink in getting the right type of players in the right spots.

I used to like playing with Ibra when he was at PSG on 2v2 and Online Seasons. But I wouldn’t want him in my FUT team, if you know what I mean?! 

I’m not keen on taller/bigger strikers, I just can’t get on with them. I’m not really much of a crosser to benefit from the height, I prefer groundy stuff. And I prefer snappier, lithe, agile young men. Players. I meant players. 

1 minute ago, Mitchell said:

I used to like playing with Ibra when he was at PSG on 2v2 and Online Seasons. But I wouldn’t want him in my FUT team, if you know what I mean?! 

I’m not keen on taller/bigger strikers, I just can’t get on with them. I’m not really much of a crosser to benefit from the height, I prefer groundy stuff. And I prefer snappier, lithe, agile young men. Players. I meant players. 

Yep, I've settled on the 4321 and I just need three agile, quick forwards all interchanging. The best I've performed is with Firmino in the ST with False 9 instruction on him.

In news completely unrelated to your last sentence, this morning I picked up a bunch of Benders for Halloween.

I’m in the same boat as Mitch when it comes to strikers but have a gem of a big guy in my subs in the form of IF Sørloth, a 6’4” Norwegian with 87 pace and 84 physical (made even better with a hawk card). Definitely one to bring off the bench if the battering ram or long ball approach is required. 

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’m in the same boat as Mitch when it comes to strikers but have a gem of a big guy in my subs in the form of IF Sørloth, a 6’4” Norwegian with 87 pace and 84 physical (made even better with a hawk card). Definitely one to bring off the bench if the battering ram or long ball approach is required. 

Yeah, I’ve had Dzeko on my bench for ages. 

And saying all that, I’m currently eyeing up Higuain! But he’s surprisingly nippy (with a Hunter) and agile...

I signed Mbappe last night and he's been pretty great.

One attack you can have is Martial/Mbappe/IF Alessandrini. All 3 are 90+ pace and all three have high dribbling plus both the technical dribbler and speed dribbler traits which makes them super smooth on the ball. For less than 200k total you're not gonna get any better than that.