Timmo

Ultimate Team

15 minutes ago, Steely said:

Don't friendly matches count for these silver challenges? Could pair up with someone and just take turns dropping out? 

Online singles only I believe...?

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

I started off with a 433 but didn’t like it so switched to the trusty wide diamond 41212. Having the two strikers helped with creating chances and having the LM and RM meant I could use width if need be. 

Try to use Elton as much as possible, he’s really good for his rating and if you can get him in space he’s pretty dangerous. 

Ok mate will try later.

Having a go at this Brazil Weekly objective, absolutely no place for Talisca in my starting line up but the prospect of mixing it up and playing silver games was too alluring to turn down. 

So much fun, spent about 12k on my team. Didn't buy any full backs because I'm not made of money, just playing a CB and RM out of position.

They should do this kind of stuff more often. I've got 3 wins from 5 which isn't too bad, one defeat in extra time and whooping from a guy who was pinging in screamers, feels like my guys can barely kick the ball. Never mind score worldies. 

Got Bonatini tanking it up, up top. With the mighty Rogerinho (Not a joke name) ripping it up down the left wing. :lol:

It makes for a refreshing change of pace, rather than taking on Neymar and Mbappe every other game. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently, you can sub in French Silvers after starting with a Brazil team, if they score you can take on both objectives at the same time...tempting.

• Upvote 1

It’s taken a bit of time to get back into using high rated plsyers after a weekend of games with silvers.

Carniball Talisca is a quality acquisition, him and Socrates are quite similar in that they are tall, graceful players with a helluva shot on them. Hulk, I’m still not totally sold which was the same when I had his TOTW version but I’m gonna persevere with him as if it’s not happening I can bring Arnautovic off the bench for him. 

5 hours ago, Steely said:

Apparently, you can sub in French Silvers after starting with a Brazil team, if they score you can take on both objectives at the same time...tempting.

I guess its a free player for the same effort.

I can feel another late night coming up.

Out of all of these player SBCs, I finally got one who fits into my team nicely, I just didn't expect it to be Michael Bradley.

What to choose?

image.png

I take it the coins is the best option?

But the x2 Mega Pack - each pack is 35K & comes with 30 cards & 18 rares?

13 minutes ago, gospvg said:

What to choose?

image.png

I take it the coins is the best option?

But the x2 Mega Pack - each pack is 35K & comes with 30 cards & 18 rares?

If you are still building your team then coins are probably the best option. 

33 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

If you are still building your team then coins are probably the best option. 

I am sort of still building but thanks to advice from @Steely I sold a lot of Bundesliga players and had around 80K.

I purchased Bobby, Fabinho & Ozil yesterday and have 45K left.

Current team rating is 83 all premier league players. so 100% on chemistry. In terms of players, my first priority is obviously the Liverpool squad (Ozil I had to get because :wub:).

So shopping today for an 83 Robertson & Mane. Alisson, Van Dyjk & Salah will have to wait for a few weeks.

Can you use untradeable cards in SBC challenges?

:omg:Woo hoo !!  I just got an 83 Robertson for 950!

image.png

@AlfromSleep I think I'll go for the packs then, coins I can get easily from trading. Having started the game last weekend, I have lots of SBC's still to complete.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gospvg said:

:omg:Woo hoo !!  I just got an 83 Robertson for 950!

image.png

@AlfromSleep I think I'll go for the packs then, coins I can get easily from trading. Having started the game last weekend, I have lots of SBC's still to complete.

Have you redeemed coin boosts from the in game FIFA Catalogue? It can get you lots of extra coins just by playing games. It depends on whether or not you’ve played fifa before though as it builds over the years. 

Just now, AlfromSleep said:

Have you redeemed coin boosts from the in game FIFA Catalogue? It can get you lots of extra coins just by playing games. It depends on whether or not you’ve played fifa before though as it builds over the years. 

Yep, I usually play a fifa game every 3 years. I'm level 54, I'm currently part way through a 1000 coin run. I think I still have some 200 coins in the catalogue will buy them next.

Opened the division packs & completed the SBC I was stuck on National Pride.

Next SBC is the Six.

image.png

I am enjoying this SBC mode it was not in 16.

• Upvote 1

I only really got into FUT in 16 and the SBCs have been a great addition to the game. Although the packs usually provide crap sometimes your luck will be in and you’ll pick up some decent players to sell (my main two this year have been gold Mbappe and TOTY Marcelo who got me 1.5m combined). 

Marquee Matchups tonight so I’ll probably get those completed quickly with players in my club then get more in packs to replace them. I’ve got almost 900 players in my club, it’s such a chore to sell them. I could make loads of coins getting rid of the players that are useless to my team but really can’t be bothered to do it. :D

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I only really got into FUT in 16 and the SBCs have been a great addition to the game. Although the packs usually provide crap sometimes your luck will be in and you’ll pick up some decent players to sell (my main two this year have been gold Mbappe and TOTY Marcelo who got me 1.5m combined). 

Marquee Matchups tonight so I’ll probably get those completed quickly with players in my club then get more in packs to replace them. I’ve got almost 900 players in my club, it’s such a chore to sell them. I could make loads of coins getting rid of the players that are useless to my team but really can’t be bothered to do it. :D

Wow 1.5M! nice drop!

Just completed The Six from my club & now onto Quads to complete the set.

SBCs are an addiction!

Once you have worked your way through the normal ones, there is a list of the SBC can be done from the League SBCs, ones that give you good value against the cost of completing vs the value of the reward pack.

Its a potentially dangerous game though if you dont have a great deal of money. It was better to do a few months ago, because if you packed a player like Fabinho it would fetch you 70k+ but now he is down to about 12k. The vast majority of normal cards are now just being propped up by there rating with not a great deal of exceptions.

Agree on the addiction of the SBC's especially because you can complete them away from the console.

Just completed another and got a nice surprise from the pack opening.

image.png

• Upvote 1

Solid pull that!

This is the sheet that tells you which SBCs are best...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZNlLG-W9xbcNh92fM_EAKIVfD3bERZsETdiMnQoCrIc/edit?usp=sharing

The top 20 Team SBCs.

Roma - Serie A TIM

Napoli - Serie A TIM

Beşiktaş - Superlig

Athletic Club - LaLiga Santander

Valencia - LaLiga Santander

Chelsea - Premier League

Bologna - Serie A TIM

Spurs - Premier League

Atlanta United - MLS

Celtic - Scottish Premiership

Ajax - Eredivisie

Sporting CP - Liga NOS

SC Braga - Liga NOS

Buenos Aires - Argentine League

FC Porto - Liga NOS

Milan - Serie A TIM

Real Betis - LaLiga Santander

Lazio - Serie A TIM

Newcastle Utd - Premier League

Villarreal CF - LaLiga Santander

Use futbin as a general guide, because more often than not you come across a team that has a more expensive RB/LB etc but there are ways to avoid using them.

• Upvote 2

Pfft that's ideal, that gets you a few weeks ahead of schedule to bring in Salah and Virg! ^_^

My packs have been shocking for weeks now. :(

Yeah but now I'm in two minds should I keep him or sell him to finish off my LFC squad.

Because he is so shiny !! :lol:

Will he likely go up in value or should I cash in now?

Yeah those early decision in FUT!!

i found I could use the team I support for free in other modes so have more fun building random stuff! Selling Immoble would set you up for a very decent XI though.