Timmo

Ultimate Team

6 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I dream of having Socrates, alas the icon prices this year are fucking crazy!

1.2m he cost me for the 89 version but 19 goals in 20 games from CAM make him worth it. And the fact that it’s Dr Sócrates and his in game player design is awesome. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Steely said:

I for one am very excited about getting the 95 rated Ronaldo as reward for the hard work I put into weekend league. Hurrah! 

He's no Ronaldo but I got a 90 Rated Koulibaly which isn't too shabby at all! 

(still not worth the agony for 30 games over 4 days though.)

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

18 minutes ago, Steely said:

Decent drop that, but I expect using him would require you to change about most of your team? Best I got was Brandt... twice. The categories should be described more accurately to say ‘picks uncapped at 84... unless there are players of real value and then your chances of getting a +84 player drop to <1%’.

Got nothing of value in any packs and took coins from Rivals rewards as I need to buy Courtois due to me selling me Oblak to fund the SPL league SBC.

Looking forward to getting this Celtic team into the WL though.

I the excitement of opening rivals rewards with an orange background on my first card. Imagine my deflation when it was a man of the match Cillesen. 

Free morning tomorrow so going into the weekend league for the first time since early December so it’s time for me to be a grumpy bastard at home all weekend via the grind!

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

I the excitement of opening rivals rewards with an orange background on my first card. Imagine my deflation when it was a man of the match Cillesen. 

3 times I've had that wanker.

And 2 others which weren't worth fuck all so quick sold for 13k each.

Doing the Butragueno prime SBC, 2 left to do.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Steely said:

He's the best ESP1 defender, imo. Alongside Varane, he is mint, so strong and with a Shadow, his pace is absolutely fine.   

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

Free morning tomorrow so going into the weekend league for the first time since early December so it’s time for me to be a grumpy bastard at home all weekend via the grind!

3 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

Forgot to register 

:doh: your family are the real winners here Al. Cherish them over the weekend. Missing registration is a gift!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

:doh: your family are the real winners here Al. Cherish them over the weekend. Missing registration is a gift!

Yeah, and it means I can get in some games of stuff sitting installed on the Xbox with one of my mates rather than raging at rebound goals on Fifa!

This will be my last WL for a while I think. 2 games in, 1 win (on penalties) and 1 loss (Extra-time) but the most irritating thing is the second game the guy starts with Ronaldo as a CDM in both formation slot and the actual position assigned to his card, then has Kante at ST. Clearly switching at kick-off. I understand the odd formation tweak at kick-off but blatant abuse of the system like that is pure shite.

I got fed up of the grind, so I followed Mardigan's example and built a pet project - mine being a Dutch/Eredivisie team. Scrapping my old team was easy enough - only twatty orange Marquinhos and Aguero were tradeable, which left me with about 250k. I did the Huntelaar challenge, then set about building this team.

Primes - Flashback Huntelaar  - IF Lozano

De Jong  -  Wijnaldum  -  CL Gutierrez

CL Live Tagliafico  -  SIF Blind  -  SIF Van Dijk  -  Veltman

MOTM Cillessen

Played my first game, and got pumped 4-1 by some team full of cunts like flashback Ibrahimovic - basically the same team every other cunt is playing with. Having 77 and 78 rated players at CM is a fucking disaster, but I'll try tweaking the tactics and keep at it.

From this week's Marquee Matchups, I packed the orange Ziyech, who I'll quite happily put in for Lozano, and Sanchez, who'll get me about 35k to invest. I need to do something about midfield really, but I'm not sure what options I have.

• Upvote 1

Yeah pet projects are far more interesting! When I quit and came crawling back I did it with a team made up of former Middlesbrough players. (as much as I could) 

Winning a game was a slog but so satisfying. 85 rated Christian Stuani was a top notcher! With Adam a Traore on the wing. :wub: Good Times.

It would have been far more grim without those boys. 

My Celtic team is pretty good apart from two positions. CAM and RB.

In real life Rogic is a sensational player. Like a true Rolls Royce of a baller. But in FIFA his lack of physicality (mainly stamina of 62) makes him a huge liability. The RB I have Lustig, again a wonderful defender in real life but pace sub 70 in the full back position plus low stamina is just suicide. I am waiting on the transfer of Toljan from Dortmund to get updated in the game and then grab him but still struggling with the CAM. I have over 2m worth of players and still a lanky Australian and 'twilight years' Swede are causing me problems :)

8 for 17 for me. Ended up using my Galacticos for a few games as it was getting pretty grim due to the problems I mentioned above. However... Toljans Celtic card has finally appeared and I am going to reshuffle the formation so I have IF Sinclair at CAM and use some kind of 4-2-3-1.

Back in tonight hunting 6 wins from 13 games. Surely!!

19 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Had a good start to my WL but then suffered a good 4 loss streak. Think im 5 for 12 now.

I'm 7 for 12, I just don't get time to play enough so I'm going for 4 more wins tonight for 11 wins.

I’ve hit 11 wins, Silver 1 I think that is and with 7 games left I’m done. Grinding for another hour minimum just to get some slightly better packs and coins plus an extra player pick disappointment just isn’t worth it.

Out of 23 games I used my Celtic hybrid in 15 of them. Think I won about 5 with that team but it’s just not enjoyable because everyone else is going for maxed out teams. I understand why there is no team rating cap modes, because then players wouldn’t be driven toward all these special fantasy cards and promos but completely ruins any use of lower rated teams. It’s fucking horrible. That’s me for a few weeks now across all modes sadly, just not worth it.

• Upvote 2