Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

Burnt through about 300k coins and a load of untradeable trash bag TOTS cards doing loads of these FoF SBC’s. If shit, recycling the reward each time. So far I’ve had:

88 Ochoa

92 Dempsey

93 David Luiz (kept)

88 Laxalt

88 Chadli

88 Badelj

89 Patricio

89 Shaqiri 

89 Podolski

86 Gallardo

87 Poulsen

88 Hyun Woo Choo

91 Diego Costa (kept)

Its not even the highest rated ones I was after: Maguire, Trippier, Lingard, Rooney. I’d have kept any of those.

Did Buffon for cheap and then used him for 15 games of WL last night. To be honest, I prefer 92 De Gea. I was hoping Buffon would be great so I could sell De Gea. Oh well...

I won’t be doing that Bakayoko SBC. Don’t think he’s 100k better than Prime Rijkaard. Waiting to see if Martial gets one to do that instead. 

Not played in a while but made the WC final and got totally screwed. Conceded twice in +5 injury time on a plus 2 timer, that's twice as in once in 90mins, once in extra time. Both hugely overran, both times I knew I'd concede. 

Guess 3 penalties correctly, 3 parries into the net. 

Just infuriating.

• Empathy 1

@hannay Nice team, although very attacking. No CDM, so you’ll concede plenty. Consider swapping Aubamayang for either Firmino or Aguero for a strong link and 10 Chem. Also, De Gea in nets would link up perfectly.

Unexpected monthly rewards. I was very close to hitting my first Elite monthly, but was ill on Sunday and couldn’t finish my games. Only needed 6 wins from 14...

EF57B93F-B47F-4B4D-98D6-BEF33AED4B86.jpeg

Did my first ever weekend league. Played all 40 and won 17. It was tough. Not so sure it's worth the slog, I guess it depends on the rewards.

• Upvote 1

As it’s the end of FIFA 18, I binned off my main team and built a Man Utd team. Had to sell my 96 CR7 (even though he fits on the bench as an ex Man Utd Player) to fund other purchases. I just need a few thousand more coins to get that 94 Pogba.

4E1F09E2-7ADB-421E-B9DE-C87C99E228EE.jpeg

5B04ADAA-CD89-436A-AD65-878C375B432B.jpeg

So I finally attempted division 1 and despite dominating 4 of the 6 games, I lost 5 because I must have hit the post about 30 times. Shots that normal go in just weren't . Astonishing luck really. All of my opponents were TOTS players as expected and very few were actually good. 

I'm bored of it now. I just want a return to the normal rated players. It's too fast and too frantic.

Input R9, Gullit, and Maldini into Icon SBC’s for the 100k packs. Made enough back to purchase 94 Pogba to complete my Man Utd themed squad. Madness maybe, but I wouldn’t of used them again before the end of FIFA 18 now I’m dedicated to playing only with my Man Utd squad. I’ve actually got close to 2million coins invested in that team so not bad going.

Hardly played recently but after making some coins from packing a few discard tots from marquee matchup packs I’ve further strengthened my Calcio A (plus Messi) team. This is easily the best team I’ve ever had in FUT, shame to let it rot so might have to play some matches tomorrow. 

Back to New Star Manager I go for now... 

576FF67F-2F82-438D-BA85-83938CCA5B37.jpeg