Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

On 10/06/2018 at 15:11, Timmo said:

Really hoping Ronaldo is one of the SBCs tonight, I have every other Portuguese player, I think.

I got him a premium pack last night! He's upfront with Lineker at the moment for me! :lol:

I can't get a decent keeper though. 

IMG-20180610-WA0009.jpeg

8 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’ve only played a couple of games since doing the icon SBCs but my fave so far is Mr Crisps himself, Lineker, a great all round striker. 

Blanc at CB is something special too, especially with a pace boosting chemistry style. 

If you score 2 goals with linekar then on his goal celebration hold pass and shoot then hammer down on the dpad he shits his pants then wipes his butt on the grass 

• Upvote 1

Yay! I won the World Cup! Bell end in the final quit though, so I didnt get to see my trophy. :(

But now what am I supposed to do? Thats it? Completed it mate.

• Upvote 1

Draft is pretty fun!

I just keep playing both, I enjoy playing with the icons and the World Cup gameplay feels really good to me generally.

In icon progress, I've done about 50 now and just have R9, Mattheus and Yashin left.

Henry is incredible! Absolute goal machine.

On 12/06/2018 at 02:57, Timmo said:

Draft is pretty fun!

I just keep playing both, I enjoy playing with the icons and the World Cup gameplay feels really good to me generally.

In icon progress, I've done about 50 now and just have R9, Mattheus and Yashin left.

Henry is incredible! Absolute goal machine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/yashin

Good read on Yashin, poor bastard suffered near the end of his life.

16 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

87 rated ST Rashford is great!

Yeah. Cost me 1k for one gold player i needed for Norway. 

7 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

Congrats @nakamura 

But does your keeper not bother you?

And will you be adding the Nations SBC Yoshida and Kagawa to your line-up?

Nah the Japanese keepers are just awful. 

I have done Yoshida and aim for Kagawa. With a hunter, Kagawa is a great CAM. I've given up on Nakata.

13 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Nah the Japanese keepers are just awful. 

I have done Yoshida and aim for Kagawa. With a hunter, Kagawa is a great CAM. I've given up on Nakata.

He’s a better CAM with an Artist. 

Two more SBCs done and up to 8 icons in my starting 11, Puyol and Klose on the bench. I saw Germany pop up and hoped for Matthaus but it was a duplicate Klose :hmm:

0F639208-D5AB-4F0D-89F7-203A47B1750C.jpeg

2 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

He’s a better CAM with an Artist. 

Statistically perhaps, but I don't pay attention to any overalls etc. For my play style of driving into the box an shooting, hunter works a treat. 

So FUT champions is fun. It's just teams constantly trying to near port corner glitch. How have EA not fixed that? I spend my time waiting for them to select a corner taker until a player is in the position to head it in. 

Oh and the one week I qualify, one nationality so I've a 71 rated keeper. 

6 hours ago, gooner4life said:

It’s the same one nation for the next 3 weekends apparantly, I can’t remember the last time I played ultimate team 

Last weekend. 

I started red this weekend with 6 wins from 9, losing all those 3 games on penalties after conceding a late equaliser to take it to extra time. Then went on a poor run of 2 wins from 6. I must admit, this 1 Nation requirement is kinda fun. Only came up against 1 fully stacked Brazil team so far.

I'm going to get Kagawa and attempt division 1. No rush to do it so I'll just be patient. I know I can win it but actually doing it is another matter. I've got a loan De Gea tits to try it with!

Every team is almost identical with Icons being given out like bronze contract cards!

I have Blanc, Deco, Okocha, Maradona and Hernandez but would much rather there were no icons at all and everyone had to build using the current WC players.

The icon SBC in World Cup mode is just another method of EA to get everyone blowing their coin stashes. Same as the not releasing the Portugal and Argentina Nation SBCs. Let everyone chase specific players by dumping coins on packs but hold on the Ronaldo, Messi and no doubt Neymar SBCs because after that nobody will need to bring in any new players.

The actual game mode is broken and boring as a result. 

I have the 11 wins needed to qualify for next weekends Weekend League. It was hard going and not fun tbh but I'm satisfied I have done it with a team containing a silver GK and two DF. Need 4 more Saudi players for Kagawa and will attempt division 1.

Wow you guys love to moan! I'm loving being able to use cards like Henry, Ronaldinho and R9 who I was nowhere near on the main mode. Yes everyone else's teams are stacked, but so is mine! In fact, it's more balanced than it's ever been since everyone has a super team. I just wish there was a seasons mode for proper matchmaking.

The lack of matchmaking I think has really over inflated my ego.

I am absolutely fucking brilliant at this game.

• Upvote 1

I quite enjoyed the 1 Nation WL. Made a change using Rooney, Kane, Sterling and Rashford instead of CR7, R9, Gullit, et al. MOTM Milner is excellent, even though he insists on ignoring his stay back when attacking commands. I’m using SBC Moore as a CDM but he’s nowhere near good enough against the more stacked opponents. I’ve come up against some interesting teams: Portugal with silvers/golds and TOTS CR7 (that was a very 1 dimensional game - just give it to Ronaldo at every chance), Belgium squads with TOTS’s nearly everywhere (I hate playing against Lukaku), even came up against an all Swedish team with IF Ibra spearheading the attack. 

I might change it up for up for next weekend and go either Spanish (great defence, poorer attack), Belgium (vice-versa), or Argentina ( TOTS Higuan, Dybala and Gomez up front, no one of note behind them).

20 hours ago, Timmo said:

Wow you guys love to moan! I'm loving being able to use cards like Henry, Ronaldinho and R9 who I was nowhere near on the main mode. Yes everyone else's teams are stacked, but so is mine! In fact, it's more balanced than it's ever been since everyone has a super team. I just wish there was a seasons mode for proper matchmaking.

It's more that it would have been better to release them after WC. As is, they've made the mode redundant.