Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

48 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Ronaldinho is incredible, he's getting hat-tricks every game from CAM for me!

I’ve got the same card on normal FUT, paid 2.2mil for it, it changed my team completely.

It might be worth checking the cards match if you can be bothered, someone on Reddit spotted that Maradona's world cup card has 8 more agility than his main mode one plus loads of other differences. Also I love how he wears an ear ring in game, what a don.

I done all my coins on World Cup, was having huge regrets when gullit’s SBC was 900k and R9 was 1.1mil I could have done both, but then I tried to play WL and it just feels done to me, now I can smack all these players into repeatable icons I’m loving it.

I want to like fifa as I think the sbcs are decent and the surrounding content has a lot to it.  It may be geared around packs but at least there's content.  The game however is terrible and just continues to get worse.  I was trying to play games last week and it would go into a slow down mode only to then rubber band fast a few seconds later, doing this constantly.   Then I tried to play on Wednesday Thursday and I counted trying to play 12 games of which 9 just cancelled out as soon as the game started.  I wasted nearly an hour doing that trying to get a game.

I just can't believe that this was what people intended a game about playing football to be like.  It's even frustrating typing this out it's so badly maintained.  Every time it's patched there is another game breaking but or just more problems with lag.

Just beat a team with 8 starting Icons and 3 on bench. My team rated 78. 

I know it's a short term mode but surely the icons are devaluing the fact all cards are OTW? I mean, the best cards are already out. 

See at first you think this repeat Icon SBC is great... and then you play a series of games and realise it has completely ruined the entire World Cup mode. I have Blanc, Maradona and Deco. I have absolutely no right to have any of them. Every team I have played today has at least 5 icons and pretty much all the same ones. Almost every player in the actual World Cup squads is now redundant. Absolute nonsense!!

Playing a team with 9 icons in it. NINE. Well done EA. Would love to know how much they made from folk chasing WC packs so they could continually repeat the icon SBC. Fuck the experience of playing the actual game, let’s just cripple it before the World Cup has even started.

Hmmmm it does feel like they may have gotten carried away with the repeatable SBC. Game mode completely ruined before its even started.

I thought the packweighting that they started off with was a little too generious anyway, but this is just mental.

My team:149704061_Capture_2018-06-10-00-01-11.png.4b3bfed1453739343147012beb4f131c.png

• Upvote 1

It’s completely fucked!

It is easily fixed by limiting WC teams to 3 icons or something like that so you still need to build from the normal squads but right now it’s a mess!

1 hour ago, MardiganX said:

It’s completely fucked!

It is easily fixed by limiting WC teams to 3 icons or something like that so you still need to build from the normal squads but right now it’s a mess!

They'll give huge boosts to players who do well at the world cup and soon enough many will better the icons. Similar to TOTS in the main mode.

Yeah, it’s going to end up absolutely mental, with almost every team averaging a rating over 90.

I doke another Icon and got Hernández so have been very lucky. Also got Suarez in an upgrade pack so I have lots of options.

11 minutes ago, Timmo said:

They'll give huge boosts to players who do well at the world cup and soon enough many will better the icons. Similar to TOTS in the main mode.

Would have made sense to release the Icons after the WC to keep the mode going.

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

I've done 40 and had so many duplicates, I just want Henry or R9 and Mattheus damn it!

I got Henry, 2 x Mattheus and I must have had 5 x R9. Had 6 or so of JJ and 4 x Puyol. Plus others!

Damn, bro. I don't wanna ask how many coins you've used in case it's a lot less than me! I got 3 Rui Costa's in a row last night, that sums up my luck. Although I did get Pele.

By the way, get Blanc in, best CB in the whole mode.

Really hoping Ronaldo is one of the SBCs tonight, I have every other Portuguese player, I think.

I’ve burned through 500k but have run out of high rated duplicates and now running low on 83s to be able to churn out more icons so going to quick sell the chaff from my regular fut club and get some more packs bought. 

7 minutes ago, Timmo said:

To be honest mate, Pele isn't that great.

This... he wasn’t great when I had the mid tier on normal FUT and the World Cup one or prime feels the same, if Neymar is lightweight then Pele is made of paper, he never gets a shot off clean every single defender can bully him.

I’ve only played a couple of games since doing the icon SBCs but my fave so far is Mr Crisps himself, Lineker, a great all round striker. 

Blanc at CB is something special too, especially with a pace boosting chemistry style.