rllmuk
strider

Mega Drive. Yeah!

Streets of Rage 3. Bare knuckle 3.

This is quite interesting (article posted)

I remember hearing before that the Japanese release was the definitive game.

I have actually invested loads of time in the PAL version....I could never beat the stage where you save the chief... the end boss of that stage with all the flying guys...couldn't do it..

I'm hoping I can get the cash together for bare knuckle 3....I never did get the music in this instalment for the most part though. It kinda plays as streets of rage 2.5 and..I do like the meter to special move mechanic.

Here is the article....Please be aware that it does include spoilers..

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=5975630

• Upvote 1

Streets of Rage 3 has ludicrously inflated difficulty which makes some of the enemies a slog, plus they changed the plot I believe. If you have an Everdrive you can get an English-translated version of Bare Knuckle 3, which is much better.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Zio said:

Streets of Rage 3 has ludicrously inflated difficulty which makes some of the enemies a slog, plus they changed the plot I believe. If you have an Everdrive you can get an English-translated version of Bare Knuckle 3, which is much better.

Thank you, Zio.

Modelled after the original MD (rather than the Mega SG's inexplicable decision to loosely mimic the flipping MD2), software by M2, and the Japanese version comes with the best detailing and 6-button pads. Can't wait.

I think the SG looks great, at least in JP colours (less keen on the others). Mixes elements of the MD and the MD2 into a practical, compact modern shape.

This thing has the luxury of not needing to take real carts, so they can make it MD1 shaped without it being huge and largely full of air. Would have been rubbish for the Mega SG, as they’d have had to kept the casing in proportion to the cart slot. 

That said, I am of the opinion that the sexiest Mega Drive is the Japanese MD2 - burgundy flaps, sliding power switch, blue reset button, great logo. Functionally, the lack of power LED is stupid, but damn, it looks good. 

Picked up golden axe 1 and 2 from cex. 

I ordered to play/add to my retro collection.

2 famicom games. 2 master system games. 2 Megadrive Games.

These turned up first.

IMG_20190503_154101.jpg

IMG_20190503_154115.jpg

IMG_20190503_154125.jpg

• Upvote 1