rllmuk
strider

Mega Drive. Yeah!

Which suggests it's not region locked, no?

The first couple of compilations at least didn't have a blue label.  And they were released quite early, definitely before region checks were being added.

Tried:

Mega Games 3-in-1 vol 1

Mega Games 3-in-1 vol 2

Mega Games 6-in-1 vol 1

Mega Games 6-in-1 vol 3

Classic Collection (Gunstar, Alex Kidd, Altered Beast, Flicky)

All at 60hz/Jp on an Everdrive with Mega Key switched off.  All run fine.

Interesting that even Gunstar Heroes will run given the solo cart complains if you start it up at anything other than 50hz/Eng.

Thanks. Didn't notice the link was for games that don't work as oppose to games that do. My bad. :doh:
Tbh I'm thinking of getting a mega drive again anyway. What's the best affordable everdrive these days?

What is the best pad to use for the Megadrive. I have the official 3 button pad, but I find the Dpad not very good, diagonals are a bit vague. Is the Official 6 button one better Dpad wise, or the same?

1 hour ago, Sumire said:

What is the best pad to use for the Megadrive. I have the official 3 button pad, but I find the Dpad not very good, diagonals are a bit vague. Is the Official 6 button one better Dpad wise, or the same?

Much better - basically the Saturn pad without the shoulder buttons.

There’s some variation in 3-button pads, but none of them are great.

11 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

Much better - basically the Saturn pad without the shoulder buttons.

There’s some variation in 3-button pads, but none of them are great.

Great, that's good to know, thanks.

Another option is the Gamester LMP, which is basically a third-party version of the Sega 6-button, came out back in the day, does a very good job.

• Upvote 1

My Nomad finally arrived! Brand new LCD screen, recapped and decent stereo speaker installed. Looks fantastic and plays like a dream, screen looks lush in person.  I can finally play Enduro Racer as it was meant to be played!

3.jpg

4.jpg

Of course it wouldn't be right to jump on it without a bit of Castle of Illusion:

1.jpg

2.jpg

You can sort of make out the pixels or lines from the picture but I can't see them in person, just the camera!

• Upvote 5

The speaker sounds okay, nice and loud but not exactly amazing.. and then I plugged in my set of gaming headphones to played Granada... blew me away! This system can pump out some amazing volume and mix in a game with decent audio and it really is a premium experience. No wonder people get annoyed at the sound on those clone systems. The MD really does pump out some fantastic, bass, teeth thumping tunes :lol:  

After an hours play on Granada I had to go and lie down it was that intense!

The lack of a Pause button for the Master System games is annoying :( I'll have to get an X5 at some point. Luckily only a few games need it.  There's no reset on the Nomad either and the X3 needs it to be pressed to keep saved games! Very annoying.

I haven't played mega drive games for a few years, mainly because I have come to the conclusion all my gaming time is better spent on handhelds.

You've now got me considering a nomad, bastards.

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

I haven't played mega drive games for a few years, mainly because I have come to the conclusion all my gaming time is better spent on handhelds.

You've now got me considering a nomad, bastards.

Honestly go for it.  Really is a fantastic machine but needs a modern LCD mod, none of the clone machines can do the sound proper justice anyway so best sticking to the Nomad.

Spent a couple of hours playing the Shinobi games last night, Reveng of is truly amazing but the Ninja Master one was even better. Tackled the Shadow Dancer game but couldn't get the dog to work properly and gave up, fun games though!  Ended up sinking a fair bit of time into Mamono Hunter Youko (Devil Hunter Yohko) as well, not an amazing game by any means but one of the first import games I ever bought and lost many an hour to it as a kid, going back it's a bit clunky but the shield weapon that you can sling about is quite addictive.  Not sure many games had that sort of mechanic for the time.

I also decided to give Cannon Fodder a whirl as I've been playing it an awful lot on the Amiga of late (keep meaning to do an episode of AMIGArama with deKay about it!) and was curious to see what its like on a pad.  Works surprisingly well and a few points I actually thought it was better than using a mouse, just goes to show what programming a pad properly can do.

I didn't realise that you can't put actual batteries into the Nomad itself and need a battery pack! Don't mind playing with a plug but really wanted to bring it to work for some portable fun :lol:  They seem to go for about £60 which is silly money for the little I'd use it for.

• Upvote 1

I have a Nomad, and I just noticed that you cannot put batteries in it either lol. Always wondered what that pack was for, I presumed it was a large rechargeable unit, not just for putting individual batteries in.

RGB on the Nomad is amazing as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I have a Nomad, and I just noticed that you cannot put batteries in it either lol. Always wondered what that pack was for, I presumed it was a large rechargeable unit, not just for putting individual batteries in.

RGB on the Nomad is amazing as well. 

I need to buy a lead for that. Ali Express has them for a fiver!