The Humble Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's late August,so it's only natural that Humble would release... the Spooky Horror Bundle?

PAY $1 (ABOUT £0.81) OR MORE TO UNLOCK!
Agony
Butcher
The Town Of Light

PAY MORE THAN THE AVERAGE OF $4.18 (ABOUT £3.40) TO ALSO UNLOCK!

Darkwood
Beholder 2
Pacify

PAY $10 (ABOUT £8.14) OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!
INSIDE

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/spooky-horror-2019-bundle

The bundle offer ends on October 18th at 9pm. I'm almost tempted just to see how bad Agony gets...

PAY $1 (ABOUT £0.83) OR MORE TO UNLOCK!
HIVESWAP: Act 1
Deep Sky Derelicts
Immortal Planet

PAY MORE THAN THE AVERAGE OF $4.08 (ABOUT £3.38) TO ALSO UNLOCK!
Tyranny
Pillars of Eternity
Cat Quest

PAY $15 (ABOUT £12.42) OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!
Borderlands Game of the Year Enhanced
Includes all original DLC and more!

Average correct at the time of posting. :) 

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rpgs-2019

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Dunno if this has come up before, but if you're buying bundles make sure to check the section about where your money goes. The default 'humble tip' is completely taking the piss.

I just bought a software bundle that was excellent value - a steal, but the distribution is not cool. Humble take four times what goes to charity and almost as much as the developer/publisher of the product. HB started with a strong focus on charity, but since the takeover by IGN or whoever, it feels like the charity aspect is used as little more than a marketing angle, and the people providing the goods are not getting their fair share.

The bundle is for some good, and normally very pricey painting software btw.

• Upvote 4

New bundle - posting from phone so this may be formatted badly:

PAY $1 (ABOUT £0.82) OR MORE TO UNLOCK!
Broken Age

Purrfect Date - Visual Novel/Dating Simulator

PAY MORE THAN THE AVERAGE OF $5.27 (ABOUT £4.30) TO ALSO UNLOCK!

The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse

Stronghold Crusader 2

Bomber Crew

PAY $10 (ABOUT £8.16) OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!
Tannenberg

Dirt 4

Ends at 7pm on the 22nd. :) 

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/one-special-day-2019-bundle

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, to be more specific: more (9) games at the top, significantly more expensive tier; fewer (3) games at the middle, slightly higher priced tier, but you get to pick them from the larger list; or a cheaper, trove-only tier. But if you're already a subscriber then you get the top tier (+1 game), without your subscription going up in price. So... good for existing subscribers, less good for anyone new?

As long as you join before it changes (2019 is quoted so its either next month or December) you can lock into the Classic package and they are retaining the pause option for now

Given the massive value of this months package just on the early unlocks be a bit foolish not to signup and see how the new offer pans out.

For a tenner a month I've always thought its a great deal for selection of normally decent games so for me this is a no brainer to stay subscribed/

I'll miss the monthly unlock reveal mind....always something to look forward to on the first Friday of the month

I've been planning to let my annual sub run out when it finishes up in December, so at least I'll get to see what the story is for a month before deciding if it's worth my while sticking with it. Truth is, with Game Pass, PS+ and Epic, I've got more than enough to play and it's more cost effective to just buy the games I want rather than feel bad about missing out on a "cheaper" version via the subscription.

Still got months' worth of games to play from the service over the last couple of years. Like dreamylittledream above though, I do enjoy the reveals. 

I wonder if this change means you'll have to claim the games ala Xbox Gold/PS Plus in order to add them to your library or if they'll be automatically added for top tier subscribers. I just took a look at my full list of Steam games on Humble Bundle and there must be 500+ titles in there and most of that is through the monthly pass. 

3 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Yeah, if you have to claim your choice by the end of every month otherwise you lose them, that might be a problem. I've certainly got plenty of keys from the Monthly bundles which I've not yet claimed because activating is a minor pain.

You'll probably just choose from a list and it'll add the keys to your library for later redemption.