rllmuk
RubberJohnny

The Humble Thread

I assume it is because people use stolen credit cards to buy prepaid cards, seems to also happen with gift cards obtained using the same technique.

Just paid for my first "Humble Bundle"

Humble Jumbo Bundle 8,

Anybody played any of the games before ? I presume I don't have to redeem the keys straight away ? I'm scared to close the page unless I lose the games !

Thanks folks

23 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Anybody played any of the games before ? I presume I don't have to redeem the keys straight away ? I'm scared to close the page unless I lose the games !

Thanks folks

Yeah it's fine, they'll be in your Humble account under "keys" (or something) for you to redeem whenever.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Yeah it's fine, they'll be in your Humble account under "keys" (or something) for you to redeem whenever.

*leave for ages and then realise you'll never play them and maybe give them away or something.

• Upvote 1

Does Vermintide have loot and to keep things interesting besides killing rats?

Thanks very much @hub2 for One Piece. Been wanting to try a non-Samurai/Dynasty Warriors musou game for a while. 

How long does the monthly bundle take to activate once you buy it? I bought it about 3 days ago for The Witness, but I still can't access it and the money came out my account yesterday.

You'll get the witness straight away and everything else unlocks at the end of the month.

I bought that bundle just for Stephen's Sausage Roll, which is the most astonishingly hard puzzle game I think I have ever seen. It's absolutely brilliant, and I can't solve a single level of it!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

I bought that bundle just for Stephen's Sausage Roll, which is the most astonishingly hard puzzle game I think I have ever seen. It's absolutely brilliant, and I can't solve a single level of it!

This has sold me on that bundle.

EDIT: And with that it means I have 2 games to giveaway! PM me for either of the below:

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings

Hacknet

EDIT: GONE!

• Upvote 3

I managed one level but I wonder if that might end up being my limit based on the other couple I tried :lol:

Good bundle for me as I'd been interested in a couple of the others too. Super Mega Baseball seems like a good baseball game but does feel a bit redundant due to the lack of multiplayer, which is a shame. I like the idea of The Curious Expedition a lot but after a couple of hours I don't feel like it has many more surprises in store. It's a bit unpolished as well, it's really odd to have a game based on hex map exploration that you can't scroll by moving the mouse to the edges. Seems like such a basic thing to be missing.

I've certainly had my £8 worth already though.

I SOLVED A LEVEL!

Well, sort of. As in, I've cooked all 3 sausages. Only, now I can't get out without knocking 1 of them into the water. Hmmm....

3 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

I SOLVED A LEVEL!

Well, sort of. As in, I've cooked all 3 sausages. Only, now I can't get out without knocking 1 of them into the water. Hmmm....

Oh OK, maybe I haven't done a level then. I didn't realise you had to get out as well :unsure:

Well, officially the worst Humble Monthly Bundle to date for me this month:

Undertale: a brilliant, brilliant game! That I already own.

Dirt Rally: a hardcore rally racing sim! I can't begin to express how little interest I have in this.

Inside: a tedious, miserable platformer. That I already own.

Metrico: what happens when you cross a platformer with a spreadsheet? Okay, this is actually a little better than that sounds... but I already own it.

Gonner: "a tough as hell procedurally-generated 2D platformer with roguelike elements". Fuck off.

Kevin Eastman's Underwhere: not a game. Not in the perjorative sense of "ugh, this isn't a game" as applied to walking sims and the like, but quite literally: this is a comic. If I wanted comics, I'd buy a comics bundle. Also, the title is awful.

The Turing Test: oh, okay, I actually quite like the sound of this. Sci-fi puzzle game. Why not.

Super Rude Bear Resurrection. One, this has one of the shittest names for a game I've ever encountered. Two, it's "an ultra-tight, masocore platformer" and so can fuck right off.

And finally, This Is The Police, a game whose entire concept makes me want to punch myself in the face. I'll still try it, though, on the off chance it turns out to be subversive and clever, rather than Fascism: The Game as its blurb makes it sound.

Oh, and the early unlock is for the brilliant Stellaris! Which I already own.

On the plus side, this does mean I've a fair few keys to give away (not Undertale or Inside though, as I've friends who may fancy those; similarly I may have a home for Stellaris so that's not immediately up for grabs): if anybody would like keys for Dirt Rally, Metrico, Gonner or Super Rude Bear Resurrection, just send me a PM.

• Upvote 6

Stop buying so many games if you are not happy. I bought Stellaris at Launch. I also have little interest in car games, although I used to, so might get into it again at some point. My mate played Super Rude Bear at an event a few years back and raved about it so look forward to trying it. Been wanting Inside but thought it was too pricey, also had Turing Test on my wishlist.

• Upvote 1

But that wouldn't be nearly as much fun! To be fair, I'm mostly just irked because they managed to hit two of my least favourite genres (sim-heavy racers and masochistic platformers),* one of which twice, and I feel that sticking a literal comic into a games bundle which is bought sight unseen to be a little poor show.

I've also been spoiled by previous months generally working out brilliantly for me.

*I mean, all they needed to do was add in some sort of online FPS and they'd have managed the full set of genres I can't stand

Extremely reluctant to try the cop game here, too. Gonna use you folks as a human shield and await word that it isn't Blue Lives Matter horseshit.

I've been enjoying Inside a lot, so far. Well, not always 'enjoying', since it's genuinely pretty distressing a lot of the time, but it's definitely Worth Playing. The puzzles are really clever and fun, and new concepts are introduced at a brisk pace.

Super Bunnyhop reviewed This is the police back when it came out, and it sounded quite interesting, if too long for what it is. It's certainly not some jingoistic fascism simulator.

• Upvote 3

I'd read a few articles about Inside claiming that the ending was something really unexpected and shocking, etc, and assumed they were talking shite. I've just finished it and they were quite correct and I am profoundly disquieted.

• Upvote 2

If I subscribe to the Monthly Humble thing, will I receive this month's, or will it start from next month in the name of mystery? 

Next month. I was in the same position last month. I guess it stops people jumping in and out once they see what's in but it's a bit of an odd feeling.