Launch Games - Xbox One

Indie Support - PS4

First Party Studios - Ps4

Second Screen Experience - PS4

Social Services - Xbox One

Cloud Tech - PS4

Media and Services - Xbox One

Development Ease - PS4

20 best games of our lifetime (A Community Feature)

20 - World of Warcraft

19 - Majora's Mask

18 - Vice City

17 - Chrono Trigger

16 - Portal

15 - Red Dead Redemption

14 - Bioshock

13 - Ico

12 - The Last of Us

11- Dark Souls

10 - Super Mario Galaxy

9 - Metal Gear Solid

8 - Shadow of the Colossus

7 - Goldeneye

6 - Halo

5 - RE4

4 - Final Fantasy VII

3 - Half Life 2

2 - Super Mario 64

1 - Ocarina of Time

People - Dam Pinchbeck (Dear Esther, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs)

Places - The Sewer

Things - Fable 2 dog

Studio - Sumo Digital

Making of - Towerfall

Scores

Beyond: Two Souls - 5

Card Hunter - 8

Pokemon X/Y - 8

Rain - 5

Sonic: Lost World (Wii U) - 4

Wii Party U - 5

Sokobond - 9

Ookibloks - 8

Where's My Water 2 - 4

Who the hell voted for Goldeneye?

Bone controller 'winning' is interesting too. I'd thought that it was generally the other way from what I'd heard - although maybe it's just that the new Dualshock isn't exactly the fucking same as it has been for donkeys which is why people have been liking it.

Yeah, the pad winner and 'Cloud Tech' caught my eye too, especially after the free dedicated servers on Xbox One announcement. Unless that comes under 'Media and Services?'

Also, you've got to laugh at the '20 best games of our lifetime' making a complete mockery of nearly all their 10/10's.

"20 best games of our lifetime" - that they put together while drunk and lolling.

20 - World of Warcraft

19 - Marjoa's Mask

18 - Vice City

17 - Chrono Trigger

16 - Portal

15 - Red Dead Redemption

14 - Bioshock

13 - Ico

12 - The Last of Us

11- Dark Souls

10 - Super Mario Galaxy

9 - Metal Gear Solid

8 - Shadow of the Colossus

7 - Goldeneye

6 - Halo

5 - RE4

4 - Final Fantasy VII

3 - Half Life 2

2 - Super Mario 64

1 - Ocarina of Time

Edge 10's not featured in their list:

Halo 3

Gran Turismo

GTA IV

Little Big Planet

Bayonetta

Rock Band 3

Skyward Sword

- Edge 10's mean nothing/are wrong?

-----------

What's extra funny about their list is that had this been the staff as of 10-15 years ago they would likely have mentioned a load of car games instead.

That list is a bit like the 'best songs of the forever' they do on the radio around Christmas with every year fucking Bohemian Rhapsody on number one and the rest of the top 10 looking like there hasn't been any music made since 1978. I mean, 'Hotel California' is a great song, but move on people. Says more about the age of the voters than the quality of the games IMO.

xbone receives some token categories to win to save face, god knows why it won best controller though. what the hell media and services does anyone need? netflix and iplayer?

also, "marjoas" mask? vice city!?

That list is pretty rock solid, although the lack of Deus Ex is a shame. Red Dead coming ahead of any of GTA's is interesting as well, although I supposed fans of the series had their votes split over five different games.

I've never really understood the love for Vice City over the other last-gen entries, aside from the amazing 80's setting.

what the hell media and services does anyone need? netflix and iplayer?

Probably on about all the split screen/picture-in-picture widgets and stuff.

RDR was brilliant but more for the setting and environment, there's surely some better games over the whole lifetime than that and I bloody loved it while I played it but it was still essentially wild west GTA rather than anything as amazing as HL2, Mario 64 or Majora's Mask.

Future Publishing obviously realised the error in their ways when they sent me the Halo cover for my 20th Anniversary subs issue (what with me about to convert to PlayStation and all), because my subs copy this month is the PS4 cover rather than the XBox One cover. PHEW!

Just to clarify for anyone who is puzzled by the lack of Edge 10's in the Top 20 games list... the list is compiled from reader's choices, rather than the magazine itself.

Future Publishing obviously realised the error in their ways when they sent me the Halo cover for my 20th Anniversary subs issue (what with me about to convert to PlayStation and all), because my subs copy this month is the PS4 cover rather than the XBox One cover. PHEW!

Just to clarify for anyone who is puzzled by the lack of Edge 10's in the Top 20 games list... the list is compiled from reader's choices, rather than the magazine itself.

I don't remember being asked.

At Eurogamer the Xbox dash was an unfinished mess. Pushing the guide button mid game lead to a severe delay before anything happened.

I'm sure it'll be fixed. I mean E3 Dead Rising was almost unplayable but buttery smooth a few months later. In the world of games it is probably best not to judge anything unless it's the final product, they don't call it crunch for fun.

I wouldn't be surprised at this early stage, but Gakai hasn't even been implemented into the PS4 yet and it was still apparently enough to win 'Cloud Tech', so it seem like there's a lot of speculation going on.

That, or it's just a garbage feature designed to drum up controversy (and is working).

its just very weird considering the companies bread and butter is (was?) os's. that and the drivers issue sounds like theyre really behind schedule.

angel - could you give it a fucking rest now?

its discussion. put me on ignore.