rllmuk
Hexx

Alien: Isolation

Brilliant. Thanks for the heads up - just treated myself to a digital copy (sixth copy of the game I've bought, including gifts for people).

Meanwhile I've gone back to Survivor Mode on the PS4. Managed to set a time on Basement of 55:01 secs which is about 0.6 secs off the best non hacked time:

Here's a video of my best run so far:

Anyone else up for trying to set a time? Basement is the level with the highest level of competition as everyone has it.

Try Survivor Mode our people, Alien Isolation is a surprisingly good racing game :)
  • Upvote 1

On 31/01/2017 at 09:30, RubberJohnny said:

Anyone enjoying RE7 at the moment should play this. It's a bit less accessible (no running and evading once spotted, getting caught is insta-kill for most of the game), and with a bit less variety (due to fewer action beats) but is just really good.

Thanks for this heads up! I put 6 hours into Alien: Isolation over the weekend and RE7 definitely owes a lot to this game. I'm quite hardened to horror movies and games, but man, this is terrifying. £8 with all DLC too! Bargain!

Thought I'd give this another go with Covenant coming out this week and having never really giving it a chance the first time round. 4 missions in and I've had a few minor panic attacks already. Saying that I'm a complete wuss when it comes to horror but trying to slowing change that before tackling RE7 :/ 

• Upvote 1

I want to love Isolation but it's too scary for me. I basically gave up in terror before even meeting Alan, just because of the general air of foreboding. I think there was a bit where some human[oid] baddies were looking for me and I had to hide under some floor grates, or something. So tense, couldn't cope. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I want to love Isolation but it's too scary for me. I basically gave up in terror before even meeting Alan, just because of the general air of foreboding. I think there was a bit where some human[oid] baddies were looking for me and I had to hide under some floor grates, or something. So tense, couldn't cope. 

I can only play in 20 minute burst before it becomes too much and having to take a wee break. I'll probably still be playing this game next year at this rate :unsure:

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, kris_doe said:

Thought I'd give this another go with Covenant coming out this week and having never really giving it a chance the first time round. 4 missions in and I've had a few minor panic attacks already. Saying that I'm a complete wuss when it comes to horror but trying to slowing change that before tackling RE7 :/ 

RE7 isn't that bad, and nowhere near the length of Alien. If you can survive Alien, RE7 is a joke in comparison.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kris_doe said:

I can only play in 20 minute burst before it becomes too much and having to take a wee break. I'll probably still be playing this game next year at this rate :unsure:

That's exactly how I am. Maybe playing it through my headphones at night with the lights off doesn't help either.

Well over a year, and I'm still going back to play it bits at a time!

16 hours ago, kris_doe said:

I played this a couple of years ago on the rift DK2 when VR worked for it - you want to know what too much feels like?? - find a dk2 and wait for Alan to show up!!!

I've only played a bit of this, but what I like about it is how, so far at least, every "jump scare" (read: something grabbing you from out of your field of vision) is totally avoidable: if you keep your eyes open and your wits about you, you can stop things sneaking up on you. Much better than scripted at-the-screen nonsense.

• Upvote 3

I've yet to play this but really want my experience to be a VR enabled version?  I don't think I'll make it past the menu screen by the sound if it.

Been playing this on hard difficulty and it's all proving a bit too much to the point where it isn't enjoyable at times. I'm only on mission 6 and have been stuck there for the last couple of hours because Alan keeps getting me on the exact same spot. Will bringing the difficulty down a level change the Aliens behaviour much? 

Also over the last level I've noticed the motion tracker not getting pulled out when I hold down on RB. The controller was working fine on other games earlier in the day and even scrolls through menus easy enough in Alien. Is this a problem in game or is my controller on its way out?

Make sure to use all the gadgets you make, don't hoard them because there's plenty of materials to find to make more. Also NEVER run.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Karzee said:

Make sure to use all the gadgets you make, don't hoard them because there's plenty of materials to find to make more. Also NEVER run.

Yeah I've been hoarding quite a bit actually, I'll give this a go before switching difficulties. :)

Just finished this and have to so say it was a lot of fun if not completely stressful at times. Felt it could have maybe shaved a few levels from the game the last few especially sort of dragged. But overall I couldn't recommend this game enough especially if you are a fan of the movie.

• Upvote 5

Started playing this and love it, as im a massive fan of the movies.  The synthetics are proper creepy but I love the game of cat and mouse you have to play to navigate around.  The animation for getting into vents is far too stressful.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 08:45, SeanR said:

I played as far as restoring power to the big door, then NOPE.

I'll wait for a psvr patch before resuming, yeah?

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I think if this was on PSVR, people would die. I'm not joking.

See, now this time, I believe you.

• Upvote 1