FTL S6 Southern League

Wincho

sith 0-0 Baring

Baring 2-3 sith

No injuries - Shawcross red card in match 2.

As soon as I saw the rain I knew the first game was going to be a slog, and that it was. Both teams had one or two decent chances but the game had 0-0 written all over it from the get go. In game 2 it was fucking snowing, thankfully this seemingly made for a more open game as the snow renders player movement even more useless and Jackson Martinez finally started scoring goals giving me my first win of the season. The Shawcross red card was bizarre, he gripped Michu by the waist and tugged him to the ground and the red duly followed, never seen that type of red card in FIFA before.

Cheers for the games mate.

Is it a one game suspension for red cards Wincho?

If you're playing KD at that time can you do 6PM? or 7.30?

Nowt on suspensions mate. Haven't been recording them anywhere

sith 0-0 Baring

Baring 2-3 sith

No injuries - Shawcross red card in match 2.

The Shawcross red card was bizarre, he gripped Michu by the waist and tugged him to the ground and the red duly followed, never seen that type of red card in FIFA...

It was a weird one for FIFA terms but it actually done the correct job of sending him off, as I was clean through on the edge of the box and in a perfect position to do a simple finesse finish.

I don't mind people using the B button pull backs as I feel it's part of the game, but FIFA punished you deservedly on this occasion.

Roca-robbed!

Cheers the games mate, I'd of been fuming with game 2 if I were you!

Murdered me for 145 minutes in those two fixtures, I'd barely mustered a shot on target and was 1-0 down on around 65 min mark in game 2 when Ba scored with only my 2nd shot on goal for what felt like the entire night.

From there it went my way a bit and I got a Young free kick and Milner 35 yarder to seal a thouroughly undeserved win! Roca had 20 shots to my 8 (I'd had 2 shots at HT and should of been out of site).

Keith's Dad 0 -1 Timmo

Timmo 2 - 0 Keith's Dad

Injury - Ki

The first game here was a complete slog for both of us, I think. Rain poured down and passes went constantly astray. Neither was able to create anything clear cut until the 90th minute. Just when everyone seemed ready to accept the 0-0, substitute Fabio Borino ran onto a Totti through ball, and he calmly side-footed away.

The second game was perhaps more deserved, with Sunderland creating clearer opportunities. At the other end Hulk was creating problems for the Sunderland defence with his skill and power, but it was Borini and Fletcher who broke the deadlock, the latter putting away the rebound after the former hit a lovely curling shot against the post. Not too long after a second was added from a corner (sorry!) and Sunderland held on for the 3 points.

Cheers for the games and chat, mate. Turns out the 'exciting' announcement I was referring to was Derby renaming their stadium to the I-Pro Stadium. Awesome.

LittleJoe 1-3 Timmo

Timmo 5-5 LittleJoe

Injury: S.Caulker

After the usual, chess-like defensive games we play, these two were 'hella open', as Joe described them.

The first was rainy and bitty, with lots of misplaced final balls. For Sunderland, Diakite and Brown were dominant and stopped Cardiff time and again. Two early goals from Sunderland saw them on their way and the Welsh side never really got going.

The second match was 'hella entertaining', as Joe put it, with 10 goals and both sides shwoing periods of dominance. Sunderland again took the lead after a defensive calamity, and found themselves 2-1 up. From here Cardiff attacked rampantly, and after a strong period of attacking went in at half time 4-2 up. The second half was no less exciting. With the match poised at 4-3, Craig Bellamy skipped past the challenges of three players to calmly slot away. Sunderland regrouped, however, and after a rather fortunate goal from Giaccherrini (truly shocking goalkeeping) scored a wonder goal when super-sub Mavrias danced around on the edge of the area before planting a beautiful strike into the top corner.

Joe insisted he was 'hella disappointed' at the result, and I can't help feeling he had a point. He probably deserved all three points here. I was pleased to take four points from a tough opponent.

Good games Joe, or 'hella good' as you'd probably say!