IGNORED

Gauging the extent of the freezing issue

SaintM

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People who have had freezing issues since the patch:

Have you tried reducing your friends list?

If so, have you noticed any effect on the amount of crashes?

If not, would you be willing to do so in order to test whether it is having an effect?

Mentioning the numbers involved might be good!

As Jamin has said in the other thread, what we wanna do is see if we can work around the issue and get things moving. We've been let down (once more) by the powers that be, but we probably can't wait around on the never never without implications, so if we can nail down a way to avoid the issue then at least people have an option to go with.

Once we can get an good idea of whether reducing friend numbers is having a positive effect (and it's not just chance) then we can give it a proper night of matches and put it to the test.

Personally I've not had a crash since the test and have not changed my friends list too much.. though I did remove 7 or 8 people to make room for the GTA league.. :S

My name is manic and I was crash free for 4 days. But then last night, crashback. Humdrumsadface.gif

I hadn't, and I'm not deleting friends to try and make the game work, it's a chore and why the fuck should I?! Just make the fucking game work properly you lazy, robbing cunts.

Anyone else think EA will come up with what they think is a valid reward for there incompitance by giving us a couple of free pack of UT which essentially them saying have some free packs and come play Ultimate team, in the hope they can reel you in and get you playing a mode which is essentially there to try and get you on the hook and basically give them more moneys by buying packs with real moneys. (which must earn them a fucking fortune by the way! Anyone know of actually figure they made from UT?)

My god, I sound like Dinobot... Dark days.

Anyone else think EA will come up with what they think is a valid reward for there incompitance by giving us a couple of free pack of UT which essentially them saying have some free packs and come play Ultimate team, in the hope they can reel you in and get you playing a mode which is essentially there to try and get you on the hook and basically give them more moneys by buying packs with real moneys. (which must earn them a fucking fortune by the way! Anyone know of actually figure they made from UT?)My god, I sound like Dinobot... Dark days.

It's like you've trawled back and just cut and pasted his posts (sometimes without even playing/owning the game!) from the last 3 fifa editions.

You should be ashamed, now go shower yourself down with bleach.

Here is some interesting data from the 32 people who have so far responded to the survey.

Pre patch

Amount of crashes Avg number of friends
No crashes 64
A few isolated crashes (approx 1 per 5 hrs) 59
Many crashes (approx 1 per hour) 89
Non-stop crashes (multiple times per hour) 96

Post patch

Amount of crashes Avg number of friends
No crashes 57
A few isolated crashes (approx 1 per 5 hrs) 84
Many crashes (approx 1 per hour) 96
Non-stop crashes (multiple times per hour) 98

edit: usual disclaimer applies.. not a wide enough sample, contributing factors may apply, correlation does not imply causation etc

Ok, so that suggests that my 98 odd 'friends' may be causing me these problems.

I'm going to have to trim it down to 50 odd, as the stats suggest that will solve my issues.

Sorry to some of you out there, it will be a merciless culling of anyone and everyone (starting with 'a', cos I'm a lazy fucker) that will hopefully resolve my issues!

Ah, ok. Done anyways.

That's some proper geek points there mike!

I wonder if anyone at EA knew the extent this little band of pretty hardcore fifa players were going too to get things right, would they give a shit? Obviously I'm not naive enough to believe they actually care about us/our monies per say, just as an example of what their fan base are having to do. We're obviously not alone in suffering this ludicrous crashing situation, which may only be the tip of our iceberg (many other issues with the gameplay itself), but it's a pretty fundamental problem with an online game that they have no right to leave unresolved.

Dan are you convinced yet?

What I'd like to know is if there is anyone who already had a relatively small friends list to begin with who has also been suffering from crashes.

It's a good sign that no one like that has already spoken up since this rumour about culling friends started doing the rounds, but then again, I guess most of the people on here would probably have 60+ friends on their list anyway.

I don't know if it would be possible to pull from Mike's data (can't remember what specific questions were asked), but I'd like to see the number of crashes people were getting before friend culling to the number of crashes they got afterwards. The problem is I've gone several days without crashing at a time, but then I might get 3 of them in an hour. They tend to come in bursts for me, rather than being completely random.