Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

11 minutes ago, sandman said:

If I put my ps4 into offline mode will it let me play the game in SP or will it still demand the 50gig update?

That'll take all night with my rubbish speeds

Some instore prices

Sainsburys - £46

Argos - £45

Tesco - £45

Game - £50

CEX - £50

£43 in Morrisons, what I just bought.

33 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

did Simplygames come good for anyone?  My post has been and nada.  They use Royal Mail dont they?

Mine from them arrived this morning. 

The reversible cover is a bit disappointing, I was hoping it would be a map or something but it's just another dark blue scene with Drake holding a gun like the normal one but without lots of text.

• Upvote 1

I just picked this up and can't for the life of me remember if Ive played the third one - would somebody please put in spoilers the main beats of that game to jog my memory?

Spoiler

Is it the one when you are about to die in the snow wandering around and that - or where you fight super human tribes people in a jungle (or both)?

1 hour ago, sandman said:

If I put my ps4 into offline mode will it let me play the game in SP or will it still demand the 50gig update?

That'll take all night with my rubbish speeds

Some instore prices

Sainsburys - £46

Argos - £45

Tesco - £45

Game - £50

CEX - £50

It'll play fine mate. I've been playing the SP campaign without the update 'cause of my shitty internet. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

That Prime Now thing sounds amazing, I'm about a mile from their distribution centre in Dunfermline.

"Prime Now is not available in your area"

wtf?!!

No prime now at all in Scotland. I thought the same being in Edinburgh it'd be nice and quick but no dice. Fortunately I had credit with Amazon regarding a faulty TV so got this for nada.

• Upvote 1

This is fucking amazing. It encapsulates Naughty Dog's ability to wrap a wonderful narrative around a next-gen engine; it's such an immersive experience, paced beautifully and is a joy to play.

They really kicked on from The Last of Us with this. I really don't want to burn through it, but I've not enjoyed a game like this for a while.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, angel said:

This prime thing means you're then on a prime trial sub?

Yeah, you can sign up, but then instantly cancel, so you don't get stung for the £79 annual sub fee when the trial expires.

17 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Yeah, you can sign up, but then instantly cancel, so you don't get stung for the £79 annual sub fee when the trial expires.

I'm probably being naieve, but I don't really like messing them around like that.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, angel said:

I'm probably being naieve, but I don't really like messing them around like that.

If you're in a prime now area it pays for itself fairly quickly. They have some great food offers and it's generally cheaper than the high street for new release games even without the code.

7 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Simply games failed me . That's twice in a row now, they did the same with the Division. That's their lot, never ordering from them again . Goddamit

They had special orders after the leak not to send early.

Not that I care about online retailers .. buuuut..

They sent it a day early! Both Simplygames and Shopto got their stock late from the distributors and shipped it immediately. This is far better than most places like Zavvi or Amazon (regardless of Prime) who don't ever ship till the day of release.

It's the fault of Royal Mail, they got the game to some people and not others. It's just what happens. 

To contrast, Simplygames shipped my copy of Doom early! It's in the post and most likely get it tomorrow! It just depends when they get stock.

4 minutes ago, angel said:

They had special orders after the leak not to send early.

I got a message yesterday morning saying they had sent it . Funnily enough some ejuice I ordered yesterday lunchtime managed to turn up today. 

Simply used to be fantastic but recently they seem to drifted from getting it early to getting it on the day to now turning up one or two days late . Shame 

8 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

To contrast, Simplygames shipped my copy of Doom early! It's in the post and most likely get it tomorrow! It just depends when they get stock.

No they dont, they send it when they get stock and are allowed. They didnt get it til late AND were told not to send it early.  If they ignored the instruction, they'd not be able to buy future stock.