Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

4 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Just booted it up and there it is, a day one patch. 5 gigs too. 

Modern gaming is a joke. Can't anyone release finished games anymore?

My heart bleeds.

What I don't understand is why Sony have held stock back from the likes of Simply but other retailers are free to send theirs early. It's only the customers who lose out at the end of the day.

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

What I don't understand is why Sony have held stock back from the likes of Simply but other retailers are free to send theirs early. It's only the customers who lose out at the end of the day.

Its probably to do with (a) reading forums or more likely (b) each of the retailers bitching about the others. 

Game probably moaned about Shopto sending out early and it was curtailed back (with some exceptions), then Shopto bitch about Simply. Would be Simply's turn to complain about Game Collection now, and the cycle continues. 

I have no issue with this generally. However there is a still a major belief that Royal Mail First Class means you will get it next day or release day, which since the degradation of the postal service, has been bullshit for years. Only sending out on a Monday for Tuesday release will mean a few peeps will get it Wednesday, hence disappointment. 

My post has just been delivered. Was my Game Collection copy on the matt? Was it fuck.

21 hours ago, glb said:

I'm going to by Uncharted 4 on a Thursday, because 'Uncharted 4sday' (said in a gruff Brooklyn accent) is no less hideous than 'Sonic 2sday'.

+1, despite everything said in a Brooklyn accent being hideous.

41 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I have no issue with this generally. However there is a still a major belief that Royal Mail First Class means you will get it next day.

I don't know, I think people realise it's not definite, and the post office themselves don't guarantee it. This coukd have huge ramifications for the likes of Simply if they have been blacklisted by Sony, which appears to be the case. 

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Just booted it up and there it is, a day one patch. 5 gigs too. 

Modern gaming is a joke. Can't anyone release finished games anymore?

That's alright mate, you've got 3 days to download it before the rest of us peasants.

First world problems, I know, but the shit I've had to go through to get this 5gb patch downloaded quickly is just ridiculous. :(

My 4g is faster than my home broadband, so I figure I can use my tethering allowance to snatch the update faster. Cue me pacing around the house looking for the best 4g spot (the toilet seat, amazingly) then realising the bathroom is so far from the PS4 the signal strength is shite and the download's crawling. So up comes the PS4 into the sodding bathroom, with an extension lead trailing into the hall, and here I am mashing buttons on my PS4 (sans TV) to try to switch it on and log in, only to realise I need a piss and to seriously consider going in the sink in case moving the phone off the toilet seat drops the 4g connection.

Uncharted 4.

52 minutes ago, K said:

Do PS4 games still preload? The last couple of games I've bought online (Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4) don't seem to have preloaded. 

DS3 did for me. Think by the Saturday it was on my HD and I started playing it at midnight on day of release. 

Do you have all the auto download options set up?

49 minutes ago, K said:

Do PS4 games still preload? The last couple of games I've bought online (Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4) don't seem to have preloaded. 

Yes, unless you said not to when ordering.

Go into your Library and select Uncharted 4. If you press X on the countdown timer it should take you to a screen given the estimated time that the pre-load starts — tomorrow — and a check box for whether you want to enable it or not.

I'm assuming it not being officially out yet is why the multiplayer skins code in the box didn't work either?

Played the first couple of hours.. It's ~very~ pretty.. :) The attention to detail on.. well .. pretty much everything is fantastic, the lighting is superb and the animation is excellent.

Gameplay is as you'd expect, little wrinkle added to the climbing mechanic where you aim your arm when reaching for the next handhold is nice..

Performance seems good too.. Had a couple of odd stutters during cutscenes early on, but seems fine after that (wonder if it was installing still..)

Only one obvious moment where the framerate dropped, but it was due to a pretty huge explosion..

Probably should put it away for my birthday now... :)