Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Moz

First time playing these games.

loved The Last of Us despite its obvious flaws.

Uncharted 1 for me was a bad game but for a launch window I guess it was acceptable.

Just now finished 2 and was quite unimpressed with that also. It had its moments but against time these games don't stack up well. Everything seems so cliche right down to the final boss battle ,where the very second drake walked into the room I knew it would be the final boss fight and rather than fill him full of bullets you would just have to kite him around the arena and shoot the blue things....sure enough after a few failures it popped up with a message telling me to do just that. I rolled my eyes.

To be fair I don't really have much affection for the Indiana Jones temple raiding stuff anyway. Magical funny shaped keys that make magic doors open in an ancient temple doesn't do it for me.

i would have been amazed back in the day on a technical level but playing them fresh now I don't think they stack up.

on to Uncharted 3 later....

'still very much looking forward to Uncharted 4 because I will at least be able to experience it the same way as everyone else experienced the previous games and I do believe that when they are released they are indeed as good as everyone says they are.

Based on what you've written I don't think you'll enjoy three, and would assume four isn't going to change your opinion either. If you dislike Uncharted 2 then I'd give up on the series.

This is my favourite series of games over the last decade, but the games are exactly what you describe you don't like.

This game is taking forever to come out, it's May now and it STILL feels a long way away. Perhaps because I've avoided seeing any marketing of it up until now. I don't think I can contain myself, I'm going to play it and play it again and again and again and then on higher difficulties. I want to play it now, I would pay 190 for it if it was easy to do so. I want it now before all the articles pop up on Polygon like 'THAT ending!' etc. Don't let me see that I want to play the game I want to play. I want to play it now please. 

3 hours ago, BruceBruce said:

I only just got into the Uncharted series about a year ago, so I don't mind the wait.... which is just a little over a week isn't it?  (May 10th)

That's not that long at all.

I've been waiting for over three years!

6 hours ago, JohnnyNolan said:

Based on what you've written I don't think you'll enjoy three, and would assume four isn't going to change your opinion either. If you dislike Uncharted 2 then I'd give up on the series.

This is my favourite series of games over the last decade, but the games are exactly what you describe you don't like.

This games are so scripted....as games used to be. So they suffer from being out of fashion on a game design level.

Already 3 seems a step up from 2 for me. It feels like a more modern game.

i totally expect to be blown away by the ride of Uncharted 4 next week. I mean you've seen the trailers.....how can anyone not be excited.

15 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

7 day countdown peeps

We are finally here!

Still 8 here in Canada :( Tempted to buy it digitally in the UK store so I can get it 4 hours early, same as I did with MGSV. Any news on being able to pre download it?

1 hour ago, Fury.HD said:

Three was my favourite, I didn't get the love for the second one at all.

Three as the favourite? That's unusual, even though the story was made up to accommodate the locations they built? Im not sure I have a favourite, 1 was daft at the end with the monsters, 2 was even more daft at the end with the monsters, 3 was basically a retread of the end of 2, with Eastenders bits, spiders absolutely everywhere and Drake as a kid. 2 was the most epic but also the most unbelievable. I treat them all as popcorn romps though not to be taken seriously, more of that will do.

2 hours ago, IainGamer said:

Anyone think simplygames will ship this week?

I reckon so, but perhaps not until Fri. 1st class post is too unreliable to guarantee it by Tue if they don't post til Mon - and they do guarantee it. 

56 minutes ago, Khrushchev said:

What are the chances the seedy looking brother with the struggling hairline will betray him at some point?.

Are you talking to us or your profile pic?

After only (re)buying a PS4 last week, I've still got to go through the remastered ones again, so it'll be a little while before I get to enjoy this I reckon.

Won't stop me from buying it immediately of course :P

This is the first game I've bought on release since Gran Turismo on the PS3! 

Looking forward to it, hopefully Amazon get it delivered on the day or before.

Are we expecting a day 1 patch?

18 minutes ago, JoeK said:

After only (re)buying a PS4 last week, I've still got to go through the remastered ones again, so it'll be a little while before I get to enjoy this I reckon.

Won't stop me from buying it immediately of course :P

Why, no ones going to run out of copies, and it'll get cheaper.

Massive spoilers in this amateur review video, which is extremely poorly edited. Loads of new footage etc. 

Spoiler

I had to turn the sound off after a while. The guy is enthusiastic but he never shuts the fuck up. Thirty minutes of him wittering on! 

Edited by Stanley