Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Moz

It was a given. It now comes out around the same time as Quantum Break whcih, ironically, has been delayed a million times as well.

And will probably get crushed in sales.

What's your point here? Are you correlating sales to delays or the quality of the game?

What's your point here? Are you correlating sales to delays or the quality of the game?

Not at all. More that Boozy is all too keen to point out an UC delay, while the same happened to QB and more than once.

I can't speak for its quality of course, though I don't think Remedy will be all that pleased that UC is coming out in the same month, considering the sales juggernaut UC has become. It could be a case of Alan Wake all over again in that regard. Though that was up against Red Dead, which was a multiplat.

Anyway, it will be pretty interesting to compare them. Out in the same month, both third-person shooters, both made by a renown developer, both system exclusives that have been delayed a few times.

I think its horrible when game companies spend more time and money to make games better before release rather than shoving them out as soon as possible. Disgusting

I get where you're coming from and it's a valid point, but it's still funny how often it happens with Sony stuff.

I think it happens because Sony tend to announce games much earlier so naturally there's more scope for some changes in release date.

MS do it too for the really big hitters but not as much as Sony so when dates change (understandably as they probably were a finger in the air thing two years earlier) the company who tends to announce earlier will look like it's got more delay announcements.

This isn't a dig at Sony, it's just the way the two operate slightly differently. There's enough games to keep people occupied, it just means I'll have to pause on Dark Souls 3 to hop across to UC4 and then back again. First world problems. :)

Yoshimax, Boozy: when the console wars are over, and you can go back to your families in their simple log cabins up in the hills, how do you think you'll cope with the memory of the things you've said and done? Will you be chopping wood one day and suddenly freeze as the sight of a log split in two takes you back to the time you called someone a cunt because they thought a third person shooter on their chosen format would be better than a different third person shooter on your preferred format?

Do you anticipate waking up in the night, cold with sweat, as you drop screaming out of a nightmare about seeming to genuinely care about the delayed release of a platform exclusive on a format you don't own? Sure, you did your duty. You had to argue long and hard about the updated UI and microtransaction setup of a popular driving game franchise - if not for your format but for the sake of the guy next to you. But how will you live in a world that no longer needs you to be ready to give your life for the games console you nailed your colours to? Some day, this war'll be over.

4b46840aba31f78bbe8b88a8a64ce946.jpg

Shame about the delay but another month will be gone in a blink of an eye. If it makes it better I'm all for it, got to trust them. Could, hopefully, be action game of the gen.

P.s. Loving some of the prose in here.