Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Moz

Yes, finally got into games last night and while the jury is still out on the NPC summons, the level design is fantastic. There's not a single shooter with that blend of shooting, climbing, jumping and now sliding and swinging as well. Really good, though I much prefer the jungle map to the other one.

It's buttery smooth as well.

Match making has been a bit quicker today and got to enjoy sine games. It feels super slick and the added mobility feels like a breath of fresh air compared to most multiplayer games I have played. I also quite like the in match store, it makes you think about picking up extra essentials or saving up for one of the bigger items

The perspective and camera angle right at the end indicates the player takes control from there. The cutscene would be extremely unlikely to continue from that angle and the screen doesn't fade out indicating that it transitions into (or is in the process of transitioning) gameplay. The fact that you're not seeing it shows how effective it is I guess.

Does the playable game have the same models then? These are all in-engine cut-scene models. Are we saying that exactly these same character models are used as in-game assets? No reduction in detail/polys at all? If so, wow.

I assume not. So if there is the required switch to lower quality models in that video for player control I certainly can't see it. I have my doubts that we've actually seen this happen in either of these last two cut-scene clips. But I'm very happy to be proved wrong.

Yeah, it feels really good. I didn't really play the Uncharted MP in the old games, but I was addicted to The Last Of Us MP for a few months - and this is that but sped up.

The sidekicks are interesting (and maybe a little bit too strong) but they are fun and really useful. At first I always used the Brute, but I've found the Hunter (guy that runs up to someone and grabs them) is great for splitting up the packs that can sometimes form.

You can create some pretty overpowered custom loadouts too. Looking forward to this.

It helps that I'm genuinely still good at UC MP - something that I really can't claim in Blops 3. UC2 was a fucking masterpiece online (until the patches fucking ruined it), and this seems like a great continuation.

• 2 weeks later...

Fine with the delay to be honest.

I never had a PS3, so I haven't played the first 3.

Having just played the Vita version, and loving it, I went ahead and ordered the trilogy on PS4.

Cannot wait to get started, and the delay will give me plenty of time to plat all 3. Hopefully in for a treat.

The Vita game is the worst in the series (still pretty good, irritating use of Vita features notwithstanding) so if you are enjoying that you will love the trilogy.

I'm not too upset by the delay - gives me lots of time to finish the remastered trilogy - polished off the first and its just as good as I remember and loads prettier (probably helped by playing it on a HD telly - I played the original in SD on a massive CRT).

I think the trilogy are probably by favourite series of the last gen - beautiful, so well paced and well written with a solid game at the core.

Still hyped for this

When I read about the delay yesterday, the first thing I thought is that this tosser would be in this thread posting some shit like this. What a wanker.

It was a given. It now comes out around the same time as Quantum Break which, ironically, has been delayed a million times as well.

And will probably get crushed in sales.