IGNORED

GTA Online: PS5 & Xbox Series versions due March 2022

p1nseeker

So many seem to just play online races. It's weird. Got a level 80 in a mission with me and his weapon skills and everything else except driving were abysmal. He died I'm a few mins.

In fact the whole game seems pushed towards online. You don't get any less money doing races but you do if you have done a mission. I did the same race five times and the same guy made $12k minimum per race and for some reason won every time. The bike he was using seemed to always get a head start. Even if everyone used the same bike he got well ahead and no one could catch him. Weird.

Shame as I thought the game would be more balanced towards missions etc. death matches and last man standing make no money what so ever. Don't see the point of them. Unless you are playing with mates and everyone has headsets

Yeah Phelan, don't rev your engine and wait until "Go" appears then hit the gas for a boost.

It doesn't surprise me that most people knock back the missions, I like racing, I like hub world anarchy, I like survival, I like the strangely relaxing (and often beautiful) parachute jumps, but all the missions I've played have been fairly fun free.

A lot of people complain that the single player is too easy, but the online missions are gta at its protracted, anachronistic worst.

So many seem to just play online races. It's weird. Got a level 80 in a mission with me and his weapon skills and everything else except driving were abysmal. He died I'm a few mins.

In fact the whole game seems pushed towards online. You don't get any less money doing races but you do if you have done a mission. I did the same race five times and the same guy made $12k minimum per race and for some reason won every time. The bike he was using seemed to always get a head start. Even if everyone used the same bike he got well ahead and no one could catch him. Weird.

Shame as I thought the game would be more balanced towards missions etc. death matches and last man standing make no money what so ever. Don't see the point of them. Unless you are playing with mates and everyone has headsets

Custom vehicles on?

Heheh. Kiss and make up boys, there's gangs out there need taking down.

I jumped into that session and picked up another crew member, Steve someone I think. Anyway we bombed it over to the gang war, I jumped out of the car and found I didn't have a single bullet for any of my weapons!

I did wonder why you didn't shot anyone. lol

I was having serious issues with pop-in/freezing and attempted the recommended defrag, only to spend the last hour abortively trying to restore a corrupted file system. That's the last couple of years of ps3 data gone. So, yeah, don't try that (at least without a back-up).

Level 1 here I come.

I've been playing a fair bit of survival in the past few days, anyone else done much of it? Got spots for the Scrapyard, Rail depot and Sandy Shores ones down (although not passed Sandy Shores yet, it seems way more difficult than the other two) but wondering if anyone knows of the best ones for the Boneyard.

Boneyard is a piece of piss if you hunker down behind the portakabin beside the hangar. Two people can sit there, one each end, and safely nail anything that comes running.

Aha, see that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! I've only played on it once so far and two if the other 3 players quit out immediately, then the last bailed on round 3 or so. Still managed to get to wave 5 or 6 on my tod but my spot was behind one of the wings, so as soon as they started getting close I was boned.

Have the stopped you going on the roof on the scrapyard?

Scrapyard is easy if you get a couple of people at the back of each warehouse, the one furthest away has a perfect position behind a green dumpster in the back right corner.

What's the deal with crates. I've never seen one on the map. Do I have to call them in?

Nah, they just get randomly announced and dropped. Once you get the heads up, easiest way is to head to the nearest chopper pad then get ready to zoom over while all the chumps below are too busy kiling each other. That said, they're not worth getting killed/into a war over.

What's the deal with crates. I've never seen one on the map. Do I have to call them in?

I think you have to have done a mission for Trevor and be a certain level. They aren't worth getting killed over but the super one is! often I find no one else goes for them because I assume they don't meet the above criteria in my hub? There are always AI there though.

Statistically speaking, the Gauntlet is the best muscle car out there, with the highest traction too. I'll share my list of customized cars soon :)

Spent about two hours looking for one. Couldn't! So jumped off a building. When I respawned I was immediately run over by a Gauntlet, with another one slamming into the back of it. Thankfully I survived and stole the one that hit me, and now it's mine.

Afterwards I saw a dominator too so had a quick race around in it before selling it for $3.5k. I noticed when I was in it, about ten of them kept appearing, including two parked outside one of the LS Customs. Strange.

Either way, I've got a car that I like woohoo!

Tried glitching my way to 500 headshots to get the face tattoo, but got bored on about 170. :( Would be easy (albeit unrealistic) if more cops spawned and ran into the war zone (where I'm behind a wall that I can shoot through but they can't hit me) but on average only about five come in per minute. Annoying!

Did manage to have a bounty on me AND do a 1v1 death match while I was in the glitch though, hehe.

Looool, didn't realise you could do stealth kills online

You sure can! Occasionally, it can really make missions better doable - or at the very least a lot cooler.

The other night with did Quarry Query (I think that's what it's called) with mprice86 and another acquaintance of mine. The first part was really getting rid of a wave of enemies, the second saw us moving toward the bottom of the mining pit and take out enemies from a distance with snipers without drawing attention - and it worked out very well :)

You sure can! Occasionally, it can really make missions better doable - or at the very least a lot cooler.

The other night with did Quarry Query (I think that's what it's called) with mprice86 and another acquaintance of mine. The first part was really getting rid of a wave of enemies, the second saw us moving toward the bottom of the mining pit and take out enemies from a distance with snipers without drawing attention - and it worked out very well :)

That really was an awesome mission. That there was the flexibility to do it the way we did was really what underlined how good the online is. If we'd wanted we could have flown in in a helicopter with sticky bombs and grenades and blown the shit out of everything. In reality it took some silenced machine gun work for the first stage and about 12 sniper shots for the second and a clean get away was made. It does underscore the importance of communication though, which is why I only do races and parachute jumps when I'm not in a group.

I believe that's the one me and Stevo did by driving long distances, drawing everyone off, then dying. Allowing that dead player (me) to aid the other player by map reading, checking the different camera angles, and keeping things light and upbeat when disaster looked certain.

A mate and I did the steal a Titan mission, with some random joining at the last minute. We mosied off looking for a helicopter to fly in with as recommended while the other guy just stormed straight over to the airport and took on all the dudes alone. We got a 'hothead killed' message, followed by another as we finally reached the airport, leaving him as a brief spectator before dropping out. We get to the hanger and only a few guards are left. We mopped up, I took the Titan and so began a nerve wracking yet uneventful flight to Sandy Shores, where the hardest part of the mission - lining up and landing the damn thing - awaited. Thanks random hothead psycho dude, couldn't have done it without you!