IGNORED

GTA Online: PS5 & Xbox Series versions due March 2022

p1nseeker

Thanks everyone for the games last night, and I'm sorry to anyone who ended up on my team for anything, I am fucking woeful at this online stuff. The single player game is soooo much easier.

I couldn't even land myself on the roof of a massive skyscraper (dont even know if I was aiming for the right one) five minutes after everyone else had landed. Felt like a right plum with everyone else laughing at my multiple attempts. Was good fun though.

I'm gonna spend a few sessions levelling up in normal races and stuff I think, just to get the hang of things and get some experience under my belt. Then I will return and exact my revenge on those who DARED TO MOCK ME.

During one of the dogfight missions last night, I had to bail out of a dying fighter. I landed close to a busy crossroads somewhere on the map. As I was running about, another player must have bailed soon after me, as their jet fighter ploughed into the ground and exploded quite near the cross roads I'd landed at.

The carnage caused was amazing, there were people running in all directions screaming and yelling, cars and trucks crashing into each other, secondary explosions going off everywhere and just general panic among the population. I think some fire engines and paramedics turned up too.

Its incredible to think that if I hadn't been there to see it, all of that would still have happened. It was so, so impressive.

I think it might have been Joe McSpeeds jet that crashed there, because a few minutes after that, he shot me dead.

Is it just me or do most players not give a damn about crate drops?

Everytime I get the heads up I drive like a maniac to the site and wait to see what drops. Only made it to three so far.

First one was an SMG and $2000

Second one I lost in a battle with two blokes.

Last one I arrived at right next to the Vinewood sign. Nobody was near which was weird.

I was attacked by six guys, red blips on the map not players and wiped them all out but didn't know why they attacked me.

I looked around and there was the crate. I opened it.

JACKPOT

One heavy armour

5000RP

$5000

And a minigun...a fucking minigun.

I heard a plane noise and looked up to see some maniac had stolen a light plane and thought he would go get the crate. Instead he met a firey death when he stalled and smashed into the ground. I didn't even need to open up with the minigun!

Decent survival mission - Boneyard.

There is a small hanger on the map, where two, three or preferably four players can hide behind crates and cover the two exits.

If you are patient the meth heads come to you and you can easily shotgun them as they appear. The ten waves are a relatively easy completion. The helicopters can be taken down last as they can't hit you in the hanger.

£20k cash reward, leveling up a lot during the fight (both RP and general stats) and after. You also leave the instance with any unused weapons from mini-gun's, sniper rifles and grenade launchers.

Well, boot the 200 inactive people?

I want to play with some muckers :(

Fair enough, but it might be reasonable to wait a little while, given the launch issues.It's probably not that surprising that an above average amount of people haven't played it online yet.

I'm on the PS3, and I left what is now exclusively the xbox crew, so it doesn't directly affect me though.

Enable Passive Mode during your spawn invincibility window?

You don't even have to do that, you can press triangle on the wasted screen to respawn in passive mode. I think the option only appears after you've been done on a few times though.

And wtf are crate drops?!

Cos I'm a dirty white boyeeeee

My only annoyance online is the lack of coop missions in the 'choose next job' section. The qck job button works nice and fast at least.

I got a car for free, looks a bit like a Nissan gtr, not sure what I did.

Ha, I hate that team death match and other team modes are labeled missions ffs.

Also top car tip for beginners: as soon as you can, buy a garage. Even the cheap 2 car ones will do. Then go online to the car sale website.. There is a free sports car to claim, I presume it's a social club reward or something.. Anyway you have to buy the garage first so that the website has somewhere to which the car can be delivered. It's a nippy little Bugger.

At times the play between players reminds me of Dayz. I'm sure soon all our trust will be crushed by the masses of cockstain KOS but i'm still having a ball.

Massive difference is you don't actually loose too much when dying in this game so being killed isn't such a blow. I'm so glad there isn't much of an incentive to kill other players in standard open world mode.

I think one of my main concerns is that to do most missions you need ammo and armour and suddenly you are down $800 then the mission only pays $2000.

I've now simply started dropping out of low missions and Top Fun (unless my mates are playing) cause they don't get you any money.

Patch out auto aim FFS.

I don't know if this is documented, but if you have free aim you'll only join freeroam where the same setting applies- Only annoying thing is, sometimes I'll get invites to other 'muk players who are using other aim modes, and have to quit to story mode to change it back to free aim on completing the job.

Edit: this is true of any quick jobs you undertake from a free aim freeroam too. Actually, thinking about it, this could screw up crews- if we don't share the same aim mode we'll be spread over several hubs.

I don't know if this is documented, but if you have free aim you'll only join freeroam where the same setting applies- Only annoying thing is, sometimes I'll get invites to other 'muk players who are using other aim modes, and have to quit to story mode to chance it back to free aim on completing the job.

ah is that how it works? good to know as i was in a free-aim lobby earlier but it seemed completely random, also seemed to be in one where i couldn't shoot any other real players, might've been that they just had passive mode on as it was early days but i remember wondering if there were such lobbies.

had great fun in a friends tank, there was 3 of us trundling down the streets in tanks because he bought one, let one my friend in it, got another, let me take it, go another for himself and mayhem was had. had people firing RPGS at me, some with just automatic weapons, grenades and all sorts. they seem to act as a magnet rather than a "fucking hell run!" its "fucking hell lets blow up the cunt in the tank!"

managed to destroy a tank the other night with stickies which was great, also someone hovering a cargobob over me trying to pick up my car or something so i had the smart idea of getting out quickly, sticky bombing the car then getting back in so if he managed to pick me up i'd jump out and parachute down and detonate the bomb and blow them the fuck up, but they landed on me and killed me so i respawned and got out the grenade launcher and blew it to shit and got bad rep, who cares! it was great

I don't know if this is documented, but if you have free aim you'll only join freeroam where the same setting applies- Only annoying thing is, sometimes I'll get invites to other 'muk players who are using other aim modes, and have to quit to story mode to change it back to free aim on completing the job.

Edit: this is true of any quick jobs you undertake from a free aim freeroam too. Actually, thinking about it, this could screw up crews- if we don't share the same aim mode we'll be spread over several hubs.

Ah! That makes sense and is brilliant if true. It might explain why whenever I try the 'join crew members' option it tells me it can't find a suitable session. If I pick a crew member at random and try to join them I get the message about that room using a different aiming setting.

So you dicks, switch to free aim like real men or I'll start a 'Rllmuk Free Aim 360' crew myself.